Water Marbling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks your nail looks great well done I want a go but I have to feed 5 kids LOL!!!!

Caz xxx

Glorsclaws said:
Thanx Chicha.... I had a great teacher, lol! :wink2:
However, from time to time a student has to disagree with their teacher in order to progress, pmsl!!!
In other words hun... I get great results with frosted polishes... check the bronze out here.

Caz, Layla's tutorial is here www.kookynails.tripod.com/

Heya Trinity lol

Right, try this, dunk your finger in, KEEP it in the water while you scoop out the enamel on the water with a cocktail stick. Then remove your finger ;) That way you'll be removing your finger through clean water so no varnish will give you a second helping of swirls lol.

And PMSL at you GloBug!! I've never got on with frosted enamels, glittery ones looks lovely though but some can spread out waaaay too quickly!!

I'll draw a tutorial tomorrow if I have time!!

;)

xxxx

LayStar said:
Right, try this, dunk your finger in, KEEP it in the water while you scoop out the enamel on the water with a cocktail stick. Then remove your finger ;) That way you'll be removing your finger through clean water so no varnish will give you a second helping of swirls lol.I'll draw a tutorial tomorrow if I have time!!

:o Well that's perfectly logical really isn't it - why didn't I think of that :smack:

I'll have a another go when I'm feeling in a messy mood :D

Thanks - I'll post a pic if I get any good results!

All the nails looks really good. Just read the tutorial, its great. Going to have a try this weekend! :lol:

Ok here is my litle doodled tutorial lol ignore the freaky long finger and proportions lol!!

I'll post the wording to the pics under this

--------------------------

* Drip in your first colour and let it sit on the surface of the water
* Allow it to spread out
* Quickly drop in the next colour, in the centre of the first colour
* Let that spread out
* Place cocktail stick in the centre of the 2nd colour, and swirl the colours about...DO NOT drag the stick outside the colours; this drags in the 'skin' that sits outside the colour and will break up the whole surface of the polishes.
* Quickly dunk your finger into the polish
* Whilst finger is still in the water, take the cocktail stick and drag out ALL polish, and wipe onto a tissue (to clean the stick and to dispose of the waste polish)
* Remove finger, wrap the end of a cocktail stick in otton wool (Place the end of the stick onto a cotton wool pad and swirl it around til it wraps - like how they get candfloss onto a stick!). Dip this into some nail polsih remover, and swipe off any polish thats on the skin.
* Once dried, topcoat your nail and add blinging rhinestones and nail art or just leave it plain.

--------------

Hope this helps you all!!! ;) Sorry if the pic is a bit small/blurry, I'll post it up full size on my site at some point :)

xxxxx

Attachments

• wb.JPG
    wb.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 118
LayStar said:
Ok here is my litle doodled tutorial lol ignore the freaky long finger and proportions lol!!

I'll post the wording to the pics under this

--------------------------

* Drip in your first colour and let it sit on the surface of the water
* Allow it to spread out
* Quickly drop in the next colour, in the centre of the first colour
* Let that spread out
* Place cocktail stick in the centre of the 2nd colour, and swirl the colours about...DO NOT drag the stick outside the colours; this drags in the 'skin' that sits outside the colour and will break up the whole surface of the polishes.
* Quickly dunk your finger into the polish
* Whilst finger is still in the water, take the cocktail stick and drag out ALL polish, and wipe onto a tissue (to clean the stick and to dispose of the waste polish)
* Remove finger, wrap the end of a cocktail stick in otton wool (Place the end of the stick onto a cotton wool pad and swirl it around til it wraps - like how they get candfloss onto a stick!). Dip this into some nail polsih remover, and swipe off any polish thats on the skin.
* Once dried, topcoat your nail and add blinging rhinestones and nail art or just leave it plain.

--------------

Hope this helps you all!!! ;) Sorry if the pic is a bit small/blurry, I'll post it up full size on my site at some point :)

xxxxx

How fab is that!!! - makes perfect sense :D

This weekend whilst husband is watching golf, I will be marbelling :D

Lol go for it!! I wana see some pics when you're done!!!!

;) xxxx

Brill tutorial Chicha... you clever minx! :wink2:
Think you'll agree... its useful to put rhinestones where you may get the odd bubble!

Promised SL would show her my marble french, so here it is, as well as one I was kinda chuffed with cos it came out like a delicate flower :rolleyes: ... well to my eyes it did, lmao!!!
Looking forward to seeing your results Trin. .. you too SL :cool:

Attachments

• Copy of Picture 1350.jpg
    Copy of Picture 1350.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Picture 1352.jpg
    Picture 1352.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 171
Oh Glors that flower one looks so cool :cool:

hey glors those nails rock chicken. Well done xx

GloBug!! You are kicking my ass in this!! Watermarbling Queen ;)

FAB, lovin' them loads!

xxxxx

There are some bl***y talented people on this site!!!!

Brill nails Glo and Layla fab instructions......even I understood!!!! :lol: :lol:

Well done both of you xx

The nails look fantastic - especially love the flower one and the red and bronze. Think I will be trying my hand at this marbling on Sunday - hope its as easy as you make it sound. :) Well done Glors and thanks Layla for putting up the instructions.

thanx for the instructions layla....you make it sound so easy!! gonna have a play around with it at the week end. how do you get all the nails to look the same,though, or doesn't it really matter? :confused:

Had a go at water marbling - loved it once I started to get the hang of it - still need to do loads more practice. This is the best of the bunch - the rest are in the bin!!!!!!

Well, off to do some more - got the bug now - Thanks Layla for the instructions, wouldn't have a clue otherwise :)

The marbeling really looks great !!!
Thnx for sharing this techniek.

Latest posts

Back