Wax heaters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaC

Reaction score
I use a hive heater for hair removal..does anyone know if i can use the same heater for melting paraffin wax (obviously with a seperate inner) or if it needs to be one of the paraffin wax bath heaters?

thanks

LindaC xx

You could pm Kim if you don't get an answer x

I use a hive heater for hair removal..does anyone know if i can use the same heater for melting paraffin wax (obviously with a seperate inner) or if it needs to be one of the paraffin wax bath heaters?

thanks

LindaC xx

The Hive pots are fine for paraffin wax too ... just adjust the temperature accordingly and use a brush applicator to apply to the areas needed. Always make sure the temperature is not too hot before applying. You can get a new bucket inner for the paraffin wax and other bucket inners for the strip or none strip wax or even sugar wax if thats what you use. It is a very user friendly wax pot... :)

I'm thinking of changing from my Hive heaters as the temps are becoming unreliable and messing with my wax.

Anyone know of any other good quality 1000cc heaters with wipe bars? They are used all day long and I need four so I don't want to pay hundreds.

Thanks. xx

I'm thinking of changing from my Hive heaters as the temps are becoming unreliable and messing with my wax.

Anyone know of any other good quality 1000cc heaters with wipe bars? They are used all day long and I need four so I don't want to pay hundreds.

Thanks. xx

Have they always been unrelialbe Kim or just recently? Maybe after using them day in and day out for as long as you have, they get 'knack'ed' and need to be discarded. Luckily they are not that pricey so easy to replace. Mine seem to behave lovely and I never alter the dials as a rule. :hug:

Thanks. xx

Gosh Kim think you are asking for something i dont think i have seen anything that would be suitable for you, salon system do one but it doesnt actually look as good as hive , i have had one of their small ones for about 10 years and its still going and used most days but they change manufacturers and none of the ones they do now are like mine,so who knows.

I think ever since hot wax stopped being used by everyone ,everythings geared towards strip hopefully we will be seeing some better heaters soon now it has become popular again.
Ive never really thought about it being the heater...as i dont use my non strip as much as my roller or creme and spatula but thinking about it i am a bit up and down with mine.

Thanks guys.

No, I've always rated them for their size and price......it's only recently but I don't want to buy new every year, which I seem to be doing. I'll have a look at Excel. xxx

Thanks guys.

No, I've always rated them for their size and price......it's only recently but I don't want to buy new every year, which I seem to be doing. I'll have a look at Excel. xxx

What are the Perron Regot heaters like? They do a double and single ones don't they? Won't they cut you a deal seeing that you are one of their trainers? :hug:

What are the Perron Regot heaters like? They do a double and single ones don't they? Won't they cut you a deal seeing that you are one of their trainers? :hug:

They are really top quality heaters but they're too small for my needs and they don't have a wipe bar. I use one as a spare, just to heat strip wax ready to pour into my Hive. xxx

Maybe it's "just one of those things" and you are going to have to replace them fairly frequently since you have them on all day, every day xx

thanks folks...now i am off to play with some parafin wax tomorrow...grins.. i love it for easing the aches and pains of hands knees and feet...now just to work out how to do my own back lol

LindaC xx

Hi Kim,

I like using the Lycon 1000cc heaters. Its is square and it sits nicely on the trolley. Putting square wax pot next to each other makes it very workable and neat! It also comes with a swipe bar and it is very easy to clean.

Heats up very quickly and temperature control stays consistent.

It does not have a removable pot. I purchased it for £59 from Strip the distributor of Lycon.

cid:252190513@10102008-111E

Hi Kim,

I like using the Lycon 1000cc heaters. Its is square and it sits nicely on the trolley. Putting square wax pot next to each other makes it very workable and neat! It also comes with a swipe bar and it is very easy to clean.

Heats up very quickly and temperature control stays consistent.

It does not have a removable pot. I purchased it for £59 from Strip the distributor of Lycon.

cid:252190513@10102008-111E

Ooh....don't know if that will go down well as I'm an ambassador for Perron Rigot (get thee behind me satan) LOL. Sounds great though so I'll check it out. Thanks doll. xxx

Latest posts

Back