Wax pot vs roll on wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaMeach

Reaction score
Hi, I have just qualified in waxing I did my training with a wax pot but I'm just wondering how easy/hard it is to transfer to roll on waxing? I think it will be easier to use and more hygienic. Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks :)

It's all down to personal preference; if it's more hygienic waxing system you require the pot and spatula offers the same hygiene control as roller systems if you use disposable spatulas and don't double dip.

Some therapists feel the rollers are much faster and I guess they are great for mobile therapists and they heat up quickly etc....

I much prefer using a pot and spatula and find it quick , easy and hygienic. I only offer male waxing and for me I find that rollers drag on men's hair as it's often longer and more coarse so in terms of client comfort it would not be my preferred option.

Good luck jack

Thanks Jack, perhaps I should get the wax pot for now and when I get confident I could try the rollers and see how I get on, I'm hoping to be mobile so don't want wax going all over my car.
I was thinking the rollers will be less messy and won't go on my carpet like the spray tan did oops.

There have been several great threads on here about how mobile therapists transport their wax heaters between clients with loads of useful tips so when you have some time have a read through some of them and use the system that works best for you.

Jack

In my time I've used Australian Bodycare tubes, PhD, pot and spat, fixed head roller and replaceable head rollers.

For the past few years I have used pot at spat for most waxing, but have a double roller heater that I use for legs. I hate leg waxing!!

I use what I feel is the best at that time for that client.

The only thing you have to watch with rollers is which wax to use. A fluid / honey wax is I find more suitable. The SalonSystem fixed head honey warm wax rollers are really good without the drag. Thicker creme waxes can drag on hair and skin.

Mat

I too have both the pot and the roller, I prefer using my pot but I also find it much quicker when using the roller on bigger parts of the body like legs. It is also very easy to clean afterwards to and is better when your mobile, although I still take both around with me.
Hope this helps a bit x

Hi, I have just qualified in waxing I did my training with a wax pot but I'm just wondering how easy/hard it is to transfer to roll on waxing? I think it will be easier to use and more hygienic. Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks :)

I have been waxing for over 10 years now and prefer the pot. I find the rollers can drag in the skin and sometimes pull the hair. However, as a professional I would suggest you try both methods to see which beat works for you and your clients. Maybe find out what salons close to you use the rollers and see if they would let u take in a client to experiment? I'm sure some one would be kind enough to help you. I would if some one came into my salon 😊x

I have been waxing for over 10 years now and prefer the pot. I find the rollers can drag in the skin and sometimes pull the hair. However, as a professional I would suggest you try both methods to see which beat works for you and your clients. Maybe find out what salons close to you use the rollers and see if they would let u take in a client to experiment? I'm sure some one would be kind enough to help you. I would if some one came into my salon 😊x

Stupid predictive text on my phone!! Should read which is best for you and supposed to say drag on the skin, not in!

Thanks everyone, there is nowhere that uses the roller wax near me unfortunately I might buy both and just not tell my hubby how much I've spent ;)

If you go to professional beauty in February you should get to see and try out some options; a lot of the waxing companies will usually have both available on the stand for clients to try. On the Perron Rigot stand we will have both available.

Good luck

I love roller wax and if you told me to wax a full leg with pot and spatula I would throw it at you. Lol
It is a bit pully if you do a lot of male clients but for women it's fab and cuts my time in half. Not sure what other people's times are like but I do a full leg wax in 15 mins. A fully body wax takes me about an hour.
I think it's very important to get a good roller system though. I get mine from Techspa.

I started out years ago with spatula and now its Roller wax all the way for me, super quick time as well.

I personally think if you're going to use one type only, it has to be pot and spatula. You can wax everything with this. I couldn't even begin to imagine doing brazilians well with a roller, or PHD tubes. If you don't use a pot at all, you can end up losing your waxing skills, so I would start out with this, then invest in a roller for larger areas if you want to.

I started with post and spatula. Bought roller wax and realised I had to have a pot and spatula running next to it. I ended up getting rid of the roller wax completely. I then started using nonstrip wax as well, so am glad that my spatula skills were still good.

Hope that helps x

Not more hygienic but can be quicker on areas such as legs.

Not good for men's waxing as the hair can get caught in the roller. Ouch!

Mastering The pot and spatula is your foundation for all your waxing.So as you are just qualified I would certainly just do that for a good while.

It is an acquired skill that takes a bit of time but is worth perfecting before maybe moving on to other systems.

You may want to work in a salon that only uses a pot,or your roller machine may break one day.You are also limited on the waxes you can use depending on your machine but as a therapist its also something you should know well and be good at.

I use both and I now wouldn't want to be without both heated up and ready to go, but if I had to choose I would have the pot.

Latest posts

Back