Wax!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty8984

Reaction score
Is there a liquid solution to get the wax off the side of your mobile heater ?? - mine keeps leaking everytime i use it and now need to clean it. i have used in the past my after wax as this does help alittle.

Thankyou in advance xx

Yes. Wax equipment cleaner. You should be able to get it at every supplier.

Wear gloves using it tho.

Gx

If it keeps leaking then surely replacing it would make sense? What if it leaks at a clients or in your car?

And yes, the clue is in the name, wax equipment cleaner.

Good luck with operation wax removal!

Mat x

i no now about the cleaner however when i went to my suppler there wasn't anything like that so i was confused. i have a bag that i keep it in. I have tried others but it just seems to come out the sides slightly on the top part. There expensive stuff to buy another lol. It all cleaned up now with soultion found in my house. :)

Thanks any way

Last edited:
I'm mobile and when I'm done at a waxing appointment I cover the actual pot (under the lid) with cling film. It was a tip one of the lovely geeks gave, I think it was Jason from Back and Beyond. Use a decent quality one though, not sainsburys basic range!!! hth :green:

surgical spirit good for cleaning too. I find equipment cleaner quite greasy though it does do the job. If wax gets on the floor i'll use washing up liquid and pour a little boiling water on it then use a paint scraper or knife to scrape it up (old trick to get chewing gum out of carpet), good if you've accidentally spilled the pot. I've even used WD40 if i've had nothing else lol

Last edited:
I cover the actual pot (under the lid) with cling film. :green:
I assume you have to wait for the pot to cool? otherwise it'd melt the clingfilm. Think i'll give that a try, i've spilled wax pot several times (or my man has "helping" me lol)

:D - ahh fab!! - thanx for the good ideas. Different people have different ideas so wanted to find out how i could sort this problem out thankyou!

x

I use tin foil mobile to secure over the lid.

Surgical Spirit while is good at getting the wax off isn't so good at protecting your heater! It will actually dry out the plastic and make it very brittle so it cracks and breaks easily. Wax cleaner doesn't, I tend to use Seraclean from SalonSystems - very reasonable price!

Mat

Nope, you don't have to wait for the pot to cool. That's why you have to you a good quality one. I use cling film all the time. When the pot is hot is creates a seal. It works really well. I use it to cover stuff in the microwave too, so it doesn't explode all over the inside...lol

Nope, you don't have to wait for the pot to cool. That's why you have to you a good quality one. I use cling film all the time. When the pot is hot is creates a seal. It works really well. I use it to cover stuff in the microwave too, so it doesn't explode all over the inside...lol

sukic's right: quality cling film doesn't melt at wax pot temperatures. If it did - we'd all be burning our customers! :eek:

Why not try it - it's got to be worth a couple of quid -eh?

Latest posts

Back