Waxing a large hairy man......................

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
Hi Guys

finally got my BF to have his back waxed today, ..........................it did not go well !!!

I could do with some pointers:

1. my BF is big..............2o odd stone big, so once on the table it was tricky as I'm very small
2. He is incredibly hairy but its light blond/ginger hair
3.He is on antibiotics for a chest infection
4. I made him cry.....................

Problems (apart from making him cry..............)

Wax went on but would not come off

the strip carried on for ever, you know how it does with really long hair

I could not seem to get a 'grip' anywhere

I could not see which way to wax as the hair was going every direction...........

help please I only did one half of his back.............................

Ok don't panic!!
You shouldn't really wax someone on antibiotics. Antibiotics can cause increased sensitivity which is probably why he cried :eek:
If hairs are really long you can trim them first.
I always do the back in sections. Put a strip of non-strip wax across the base of the back and also down the middle of the back. This then leaves you with 2 clear sections to work with and will make it easier for you.
Blondes actually have more hair per square inch than any other hair colour!
Were you using berins ease? Strange that it would not come off! Was he cold?
I suggest not doing it again until 2 weeks after he has finished his course of antibiotics and you'll probably find it much easier-that's if he'll let you!

Thanks Angelina.

Makes sense with the antibiotics !!!!

Yes it was the ease, and he was warm. But there were patches that it did not matter which way I went with the strip would come off. I did the strips down the back and across the base and he was almost coming off the ceiling with that as well !!!

He is going to veet himself and I will do again in 4 weeks time.........................

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!
Veet is a chemical and can burn and if he already has increased sensitivity then he should not be using anything until 2-3 weeks after taking his antibiotics.
I've known people get burns from veet who didn't have sensitive skin :eek:

ok will tell him hes not allowed to !!!! will go and get some decent clippers from capital tomorrow and mow him down.............................mmmmm virgin hair I could sell his fur!!!!!! He will be like a spring lamb !!

look get yourself a stool to stand on...that at least you can reach him :hug:

remember your always invited to one of our training day's...cos your a peep and a short arse one to boot...and I cant see a man brought to tears :cry::wink2:

I'm guessing that his back was slightly wet from sweat (the poor man is ill :)). So, take a square or two of couch roll and place it on his back and dry the skin before you apply the wax, then remove the wax quickly.

Agreeing with Angelina and Kim above plus another tip with a larger fella is to do more strips at either side of the midline and not try and put wax the full width or length of your wax strip. Apply the wax in the ususal way towards the midline but only about 4 - 5 inches in depth all the way down the back, then remove this wax. Then repeat with another row and remove and even another row if the guy has a really large back. Then follow procedure on the remaining other half of his back. This way you keep some wax strip free from hair so you can hold without getting too messy and its easier on the client too.

:hug:

Oh no, he cried! I thought he would be the sort of guy to grin and "Bear" it...

If the couch is against a wall through lack of space,I would first do one side then ask the guy to get off the couch and put his head where his feet were so that you have easier access to the other side of his back.I used to have a very large man client and because of this he was very high off the couch,I just couldnt reach both sides.The salon had small rooms and we had to do all our waxing from one side which quite often if waxing at home we have the same problem.
Sectioning the back is always best as is clipping the hair.You could blot with tissue/couchroll then apply talc as this will help absorb any perspiration throughout the treatment.I used to do this all the time with my guy,he wasn't on antibiotics but due to his weight and the fact that men do find back.chest waxing uncomfortable and they do sweat quite a lot.Good luck next time.:hug:

just to pass on another tip you may not have seen already - get the pressure on after the strip comes off much faster and possibly more firmly too.

Some of my chaps prefer pressure with a cool wet flannel after the rip - but some say it makes no difference. I find it's like patting my head and rubbing my tummy - it takes a little getting used to! It's worth trying - eh?

Lastly remember to get a good stretch for the more fleshy areas. Let us know how you get on next month!

Jason.

Download your free hair map and more: Male Waxing Tutorials - an e-Learning Resource

Hi Guys

finally got my BF to have his back waxed today, ..........................it did not go well !!!

I could do with some pointers:

1. my BF is big..............2o odd stone big, so once on the table it was tricky as I'm very small

If you are saying it was hard to reach, I know you can get height adjustable tables. Cannot think of any other useful advice at the mo!

2. He is incredibly hairy but its light blond/ginger hair

Often blonds / redheads are VERY hairy, i.e. more hairs per square inch! He may also have appeared very hairy if it was his first wax and therefore the hair was au naturel.

3.He is on antibiotics for a chest infection

I agree with what Angelina said but we can't turn the clock back, so don't worry, just keep it in mind for the future.

4. I made him cry.....................

Some people do have a low pain threshold. Also, what you have described... well.. it would have hurt so we'll let him off!

Problems (apart from making him cry..............)

Wax went on but would not come off

Without witnessing this I cannot say for sure why BUT it may well have been sweat that caused this. I normally advocate the use of oil but for hairy guys who also sweat (often through nerves) then I might use powder.

the strip carried on for ever, you know how it does with really long hair

I think I know what you mean here. Clippering would have helped but also, if you wax him again within a reasonable timescale (say, 5 weeks) then the hair will not be nearly as long and this shouldn't happen.

I could not seem to get a 'grip' anywhere

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean there was no clean skin to pull from? If you take a strip from down the centre of the back first this might help. (Have you read Axiom's Gorilla Warfare tutorial?)

I could not see which way to wax as the hair was going every direction...........

Work in small sections ...

help please I only did one half of his back.............................

Above all don't worry. You are still a relative beginner and Bear's hair growth presented a little bit of a challenge. It's all good practice!

Best of luck.

Thanks guys

I had not thought of the sweat issue, will certainly recyify that.
I had read axioms gorilla warfare but will have a re read,
will definately do small sections next time,
going to get my clippers sorted
My beds not adjustable so may get hime to sit on a chair.....

will let you all know how i get on next time xx

Latest posts

Back