waxing and oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisy loo

Reaction score
I've never used oil with warm or hot wax (always told it was a no no in college) however I know that this can be used with the so called 'new generation' waxes. I currently use hive honey wax and their hard hot wax. Can anyone tell me if its possible to use a little almond oil on the skin prior to its application? thanks.

I've never used oil with warm or hot wax (always told it was a no no in college) however I know that this can be used with the so called 'new generation' waxes. I currently use hive honey wax and their hard hot wax. Can anyone tell me if its possible to use a little almond oil on the skin prior to its application? thanks.
I have always used oil as my barrier for all my waxing , it works much better than talc...
The key is to apply a very light application, if there is too much oil the waxes will just slide around.. I usually apply and then a quick blot with a tissue to ensure its fine.
I only use the perron rigot jasmine oil, but most oils will work. When you work with it you will soon find the amount and what works best for you..

i noramally use oil as a after wax as it gets and little bits of wax of the skin x

I have always used oil as my barrier for all my waxing , it works much better than talc...

Thanks very much for your reply; I'll experiment a little and see what works for me. :)

I've only ever used oil too.
You can use any carrier oil just make sure you don't use too much. You'll get used to how much to use after trying it a few times. As Amelia said, it's also great for getting rid of any wax residue.
I use jasmine oil from Perron Rigot.

I love this site I'm learing so much!! thanks again to everyone who has replied to me!! :)
Do you get your oil directly from Perron Rigot or from a beauty suppliers?
Thanks

I usually get mine from Thalgo but last time i ordered (which was last week), half the stuff i wanted was out of stock so i ordered from Beauty Express instead. As far as i'm aware, these are the only 2 places that stock Perron Rigot.

Latest posts

Back