Waxing disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly_

Reaction score
Just been to my best friend's house to do 2 sets of Shellac and 3x eyebrows and lip waxes. So I'm setting up and decide to do nails first so wack the heat up on my wax pot to get it warm (rookie error I know!) but my pot is only a small one where you fit the container of wax into it so you can swap and change.

So after finishing nails I go to get the lid off my wax pot, the heat made me jump and wax spilt ALL over my heater, the towels and worst I all my best friend's mum's dining room table! Oh and my hands scolding them in the process!

Well all hell broke loose! I'm stood there with burning hot wax all over my hands trying to tell my best friend to pass me the wax strip and get a cloth etc etc...all I can say is thank god it was my best friend!! :D would of been horrendous if it was someone I didn't know! Oh dear!

Anyway managed to get the stickiness off the table by rubbing a little after wax in then scrubbing, is this the best way to get wax off a surface? I stupidly left my equipment cleaner at home!

Anyone else got any wax disaster stories to make me feel better? :D haha xx

I use baby oil to clean my wax heaters and trolley in between clients and solvent at the end.. So I'm sure the oil would remove any residue on the table.

A bit of olive oil out the kitchen cupboard will get it straight off :) don't panic :)

Thanks guys :) I only really do nails alongside my salon job so never really had to do mobile waxing, think it was my first and last haha! x

I heated a pot up in the microwave once and want concentrating when I carried it back, some split onto my hand and it was burning hot! Luckily I was right by the bin so I just dropped it!

When I was mobile I did my clients treatment and the placed the pot back into the storage box and straight into back of my car, hot home and wax was bloody everywhere lol. No amount of cleaning got it back to how it used to be so I binned it and stopped doing mobile lol x

I'm dragging this post back up as I had my own wax nightmare today! Had been expecting my delivery which inc. wax all day and it still hadn't come by the time my client got to me. So, we got started with the wax I had left and the delivery came half way through. Realised I most likely would run out of wax so I popped it in the microwave for 10 mins (thought it'd be fine, always has been before but it was different wax and I didn't think). Anyway, I came back to it and the whole pot including the plastic had melted! There was just a label floating in the middle of a waxy, plasticky mess in my microwave and the whole place stunk and was filled with smoke! Ahhhhh! Ended up binning the glass tray out of the microwave and luckily just about managed with the wax id got left thank god.
Safe to say I'm NEVER putting wax in the microwave again!

I'm dragging this post back up as I had my own wax nightmare today! Had been expecting my delivery which inc. wax all day and it still hadn't come by the time my client got to me. So, we got started with the wax I had left and the delivery came half way through. Realised I most likely would run out of wax so I popped it in the microwave for 10 mins (thought it'd be fine, always has been before but it was different wax and I didn't think). Anyway, I came back to it and the whole pot including the plastic had melted! There was just a label floating in the middle of a waxy, plasticky mess in my microwave and the whole place stunk and was filled with smoke! Ahhhhh! Ended up binning the glass tray out of the microwave and luckily just about managed with the wax id got left thank god.
Safe to say I'm NEVER putting wax in the microwave again!

Oh nooo! I'm suprised you didn't have to bin you're microwave never mind the glass lol.
When I've had a client due in and the wax is low I usually microwave for about 3 mins but keep stopping to stir it, then pour it in x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh nooo! I'm suprised you didn't have to bin you're microwave never mind the glass lol.
When I've had a client due in and the wax is low I usually microwave for about 3 mins but keep stopping to stir it, then pour it in x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha I know! I would normally do it in short bursts, thought id be clever this time....what a fool! Oh well, we live and learn, lol!

Just been to my best friend's house to do 2 sets of Shellac and 3x eyebrows and lip waxes. So I'm setting up and decide to do nails first so wack the heat up on my wax pot to get it warm (rookie error I know!) but my pot is only a small one where you fit the container of wax into it so you can swap and change.

So after finishing nails I go to get the lid off my wax pot, the heat made me jump and wax spilt ALL over my heater, the towels and worst I all my best friend's mum's dining room table! Oh and my hands scolding them in the process!

Well all hell broke loose! I'm stood there with burning hot wax all over my hands trying to tell my best friend to pass me the wax strip and get a cloth etc etc...all I can say is thank god it was my best friend!! :D would of been horrendous if it was someone I didn't know! Oh dear!

Anyway managed to get the stickiness off the table by rubbing a little after wax in then scrubbing, is this the best way to get wax off a surface? I stupidly left my equipment cleaner at home!

Yes I've had a few disasters!! My boy tipped the pot over and it went all over the floor... I used a hairdryer, heated it up and scrubbed with fairy liquid....voila!!!!

Yes I've had a few disasters!! My boy tipped the pot over and it went all over the floor... I used a hairdryer, heated it up and scrubbed with fairy liquid....voila!!!!

At college when I was training a girl tipped a whole pot of hot wax on the floor!! And it went solid preeetttyy fast!

I have also put a wax pot in the microwave and melted the whole lot I had to bin the microwave . When mobile iv also drop the plug [emoji15] and part of the lead in the wax when packing away ... Iv dropped wax, iv spilt it. Oh the joys of waxing its a messy sticky business [emoji4] !

Latest posts

Back