Waxing disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPerfection

Reaction score
Had client in today for Brazilian and I totally screwed up. I'm not really hard wax fan so did it with my usual Babyliss gold warm wax. Her hair were so coarse I struggled big time. After 2 hours I still didn't manage to leave her nice and smooth but in pain and soreness. I kept apologising and didn't take money. Feel so bad as I've always been praised by my waxing skills. So now I'm looking into hard waxes to make sure I don't ever disappoint myself and clients like this again.
Any suggestions on hard wax? Was thinking Gigi..
Thank you from a girl with low confidence in herself since today.

Sorry I don't have any wax suggestions... I was just thinking about 2 hours of brazillian 🙀 I'm a big coward lol

Take it as a learning curve

Personally I never use strip wax on a Brazilian
Some can but I think it comes withal it of experience
Defiantly get some hard wax and a course :)

Try a few of the high end hot waxes like PR, Berins and Outback Organics Gold. Have u had intimate training? I haven't been doing it very long but can do a Brazilian in 20-30 mins with no traumas! 2 hours sounds like a nightmare. Good luck!

I just feel so sorry for you. I have only just trained in Brazilians, and like Cloughers can do one in about 20 mins. However, that's not to say that they have been problem free - folds of skin, stubborn hair etc!!!

I use Perron Rigot Euroblonde and can't fault it. I have done specific training in Brazilians, and wouldn't go anywhere near an undercarriage without the training. I have been waxing for years, but would really struggle with warm wax and strips around someone's bits - I just couldn't get the angles!

If you have trained in Brazilians, definitely give a non strip a go, but if not, I would look at a course that teaches brazilians with non strip, and start knocking out those noonies!!!

Good luck

Vicki x

Without being disrespectful you have to be a very good waxer to be able to do Brazilian waxing successfully with strip wax.

You are making a great decision to switch to hot wax, I use PR Euroblonde and cannot talk about other brands as I have not used them.

It's been a huge learning curve for you my lovely :hug: but today is another day ok. Decide which wax to go with and get some training on how to use it effectively.

Hot wax is a very different beast to strip wax.

xx

You need a good wax (I use Perron Rigot) and you need good training.

I feel for you and your client. I bet it's turned you off for life! Tomorrow is another day so don't give up.

i used to dread even a basic bikini wax until i learned how to use hot wax. it makes such a difference to you and your client!
think i would probably break out in a sweat if i had to do a bikini with strip wax, never mind a Brazilian!
i use Perron Rigot Homme and its fab, smells good too. you won't look back!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Try a few of the high end hot waxes like PR, Berins and Outback Organics Gold. Have u had intimate training? I haven't been doing it very long but can do a Brazilian in 20-30 mins with no traumas! 2 hours sounds like a nightmare. Good luck!
Yes and look how nervous and stressed out you were when I trained you. It's all about the technique and then a good product. Perseverance pays off. x

Last edited:
I had a terrible experience being waxed.. my skin was burnt, it was bleeding, I had patches of hair. Not good. I complained at the time and after and sent photos telling the owner I wondered if her wax was being overheated ( was trying to find a nice way of saying looks what happened to me in your top end salon). She couldn't have cared less. That hurt more than the wax. I got over the wax but not at how i was treated. You already sound like you have made ammends by not charging but perhaps an extra little treat for her when she returns to you might be nice.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I remember being in a wax like this and the stress levels were high! My music stopped playing to add to the intensity!! That was all because the customer had requested for me not to use hot wax but we should know best with the subjects we are train in and what suits the client. It sounds like you have made a brilliant decision and you will become so much more confident once you have trained, Kim lawless seems to have brilliant feed back and strip also do training. Good luck and don't worry to much it sounds like you rectified the situation. I like the idea of giving her an extra treat though.

Isn't music funny. I did a lady today who wanted a small bikini - it got smaller and smaller and I told her we were on the verge of all off. She was very nervous, so I gave her a minute and realised there was no music. I put the music on and said "There you go, listen to that and you'll be alright"!

It does change the atmosphere!

Thank you for your support!
I've been doing waxing for years but it doesn't matter. I've tried to book myself with Kim Lawless at summer time but had to wait till December so pulled out. But now I will definitely call and book in and wait as long as needed.
Thanks again ladies!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for your support!
I've been doing waxing for years but it doesn't matter. I've tried to book myself with Kim Lawless at summer time but had to wait till December so pulled out. But now I will definitely call and book in and wait as long as needed.
Thanks again ladies!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
From this year you will have the choice of waiting and training with me personally or going to one of my Kim Lawless trainers. I'll be having them across England, Scotland, Wales and abroad. Hope to see you soon.

From this year you will have the choice of waiting and training with me personally or going to one of my Kim Lawless trainers. I'll be having them across England, Scotland, Wales and abroad. Hope to see you soon.

What about Ireland? :)

Wish you ran your courses in Australia!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

You can get very good results with strip wax. Some of my ladies this is the only wax I use! Majority however, I use a mixture of strip and hot wax. Most ladies I can do full brazilian or Hollywood wax in under half an hour.

I'm doing level 2 beauty at college at the moment and I must say while doing assessments I prefer hot wax on the bikini area over warm wax, I just think you get a better finish and its not as messy, just my opinion xx

I remember being in a wax like this and the stress levels were high! My music stopped playing to add to the intensity!! That was all because the customer had requested for me not to use hot wax but we should know best with the subjects we are train in and what suits the client. It sounds like you have made a brilliant decision and you will become so much more confident once you have trained, Kim lawless seems to have brilliant feed back and strip also do training. Good luck and don't worry to much it sounds like you rectified the situation. I like the idea of giving her an extra treat though.
If my client asked me not to use hot wax for an intimate wax then I would terminate the appointment as I only use use hot wax and as I'm the professional doing the treatment, I would not allow the client to tell me what to do x

Wish you ran your courses in Australia!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
I have a wonderful friend who now lives in the Gold Coast. I train in waxing, I keep telling him I will visit, maybe if should add extra week on and do some training xx

Latest posts

Back