Waxing - nervous! Why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovelygirl85

Reaction score
Hi

I've been waxing for nearly a year now and I really enjoy it, however I definitely don't have as many waxing clients as I'd like but I'm getting there.

I'm happy with eyebrows, bikini line, legs etc....but I've got a girl coming tonight and she's wanting full leg. I've only ever did this once and it was on someone v hairy and I just found it really difficult!

I feel more confident now with waxing, but I'm now starting to get really nervous about the upper thigh, especially the inner thigh area as I always felt it was hard to get it properly taught?

Any words of advice, or just a virtual slap??? :smack:

Search YouTube for Kim lawless! There's a fab video of her at pro beauty doing an inner thigh that might help xxx

Thank you! Will do that when I get in before my client comes up :)

hello

I know exactly what you mean! After a while of not doing a certain treatment you lose your confidence - thats all you have lost not your ability.

You may not even need a refresher course but would you consider it to boost your confidence and then if you do come across any aukward situation you could ask the trainer for 5 mins to show you in more detail. Or maybe you just need a willing friend/family member after watching the Kim Lawless video.

Either way im sure you will be absolutely fine - sending you a virtual light slap! lol xxx

Thank you. Just watched a bit of that video and I know what I have to do. Think it's just about splitting it all into sections, taking my time, remain confident and I'll do good!

I've never seen this client before, for all I know she might not be that hairy - will let you know how I get on x

I panic before every wax...but then when you get going its fine. I'm sure if you did the orevious lady again you would find it so much easier this time.

In all honesty, I find those who aren't very hairy the hardest, I love gorilla legs as you can really see what you're doing and how far you've got easily, yet when I first see dark hair I panic! Lol

I am sure you will be fine, just take your time and concentrate and I'm sure you will feel better when you're done :)

Oh, and just another non technical thing...when I'm nervous my defence mechanism is to be funny, so usually when my clients first arrive we always have a giggle and it seems to put them at ease to, so maybe have a little chat before you start and the nerves will vanish xx :hug:

I just watched it too! lol xxx see we all need reminding sometimes! Dont stress xxx

I don't mind waxing but my hands tend to end up covered in wax and it is so annoying. I don't like wearing gloves, I do at the start but they are far too big for me and my hands start to sweat so these end up in the bin. Does anyone else's hands get wax over them or is it just me lol xx

Hello you could try powdered gloves as you don't get sweaty hands as much!
I used to get wax on my hands but I found that if I change the spatula at the first sign of it get waxy close to your hand then you will be fine! Try it and see ow you get on xx

If your hands get wax on them just apply a bit of the after care oil/cream and then rub it over your hands...it works with gloves on to, it stops the wax being sticky xxx

Be methodical. Section and don't move onto the next bit until every hair has gone. Above all STRETCH!!!!!! You'll be just fine and act confident, even if you're dying inside. x

Thought I'd let you know how I got on!

Well it went.....FINE! Haha! Once I started I felt fine and just working on sections really helped and kept my head straight. She was quite hairy although not overly, but I was nervous about inner thigh but that bit went absolutely great!

She came in for full leg, bikini, chin, lip and eyebrow. Took me an hour and a half....is that too long?

Forgot how much I love waxing!

I don't mind waxing but my hands tend to end up covered in wax and it is so annoying. I don't like wearing gloves, I do at the start but they are far too big for me and my hands start to sweat so these end up in the bin. Does anyone else's hands get wax over them or is it just me lol xx

A smear of jasmine oil on your gloves or if you don't use oil a bit of antibac gel with take any stickiness off

Thought I'd let you know how I got on!

Well it went.....FINE! Haha! Once I started I felt fine and just working on sections really helped and kept my head straight. She was quite hairy although not overly, but I was nervous about inner thigh but that bit went absolutely great!

She came in for full leg, bikini, chin, lip and eyebrow. Took me an hour and a half....is that too long?

Forgot how much I love waxing!

Hey well done you!!! That's great!
And speedy too :)
Xxx

Once you have got your first one out of the way, it gets so much easier, Make sure you ask your client to help with the stretching, this is something a lot of therapists are scared to do, but the client won't mind if it means that it will feel more comfortable for them!

Nooooo!!!!! I never get my clients to stretch as I do it all. That way they won't put their hand in the wax and you know for sure that you have the maximum stretch. Just tell them to relax and chat to you whilst you do all the work.

We guide our clients of where to stretch as it makes them feel like they have a little bit of control over making the waxing experience as stress free as possible, some clients are nervous and so they want to help with the stretching and ask where should they put their hands as they want their skin to be as supported as possible. By guiding our clients hands to a place where they can support their skin, it takes the clients mind off the procedure as they are concentrating on where to stretch and we can concentrate on our technique, speed and efficiency to create an overall thorough and pain-free experience.

concentrate on our technique, speed and efficiency to create an overall thorough and pain-free experience.

With respect, I concentrate on my technique 100% and as I've developed my own technique, it's embedded in my brain. Also, there is no such thing as pain free waxing.

With respect, I concentrate on my technique 100% and as I've developed my own technique, it's embedded in my brain. Also, there is no such thing as pain free waxing.

Everyone is different but your way works for me Kim :) x

Latest posts

Back