Waxing Nightmare - Sigh....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impulse1976

Reaction score
Just come back from a clients house for her self a full leg and bikini and her friend a full leg wax. Got to the house and she was in the middle of moving so had to do it upstairs. Up i go with my couch (ouch), set my stuff up and to be honest it was my first ever full leg since college and was quite nervous. There was no room to move around the bed so i dont think i have done the best job i could have done. I was using my new perion rigot wax ocean blue which was starting to go clingy and not right i think it was because it was too hot in the room. I was so tierd but had to look refreshed and to be honest my back was killing me and i could have cried. Took all the stuff back down stairs and got a £6 tip which made it all worth while.
It was nice to get a tip and made it worth while. Now i have to get my pedicure stuff ready for tomrrow cos got two booked.
Does any other mobile therapists have any of these problems when they are out and about - do you get fed up packing up and moving to the next client etc etc? God its hard work, especially when you get back at 8.30pm on a sunday night. :hug:

You sound right fed up hun. hoping your sitting down with a nice cuppa right now. I dont know how helpful it will be to you hun as I am a nail tech But I was taught to have stackable boxes which I store the equipment I need for each treatment i.e 1 for manicures 1 for pedicures and 1 for extensions. then a bag that contains all the tools of the trade. Then you just pack and un pack the box is always ready then. :) xx

Oh yes hun defo a pain in the butt.I once had to carry my couch up 10 flights of stairs. I was knackered out by the time i had to do the treatment. It would have been nice of her to warn me!
So now i stay away from flats when putting my flyers out lol
It's defo hard work but all money at the end of the day.I'm looking into buying a lighter couch as mine weighs a ton!
xxx

What a nightmare! Try getting used to waxing from one side or from the foot of the couch.

If your Cistal Ocean was going sticky, you had it too low. It should be very thin, almost too difficult to see on the leg.

Well done for dealing with such a difficult situation. xxx

You sound right fed up hun. hoping your sitting down with a nice cuppa right now. I dont know how helpful it will be to you hun as I am a nail tech But I was taught to have stackable boxes which I store the equipment I need for each treatment i.e 1 for manicures 1 for pedicures and 1 for extensions. then a bag that contains all the tools of the trade. Then you just pack and un pack the box is always ready then. :) xx

Sitting down with some wine :) Yeh not feeling too great and my back is killing from carrying the table up the stairs.

I really need to sort all my equipment out so i can get sorted.

Things will look better in the morning i am sure :)

What a nightmare! Try getting used to waxing from one side or from the foot of the couch.

If your Cistal Ocean was going sticky, you had it too low. It should be very thin, almost too difficult to see on the leg.

Well done for dealing with such a difficult situation. xxx

Thanks Kim, it was going on too thick so i used a lot more than i should have done. Oh well we learn from these little situations.

I think dream land is deffinately calling me now. :) yawn .....

Thanks Kim, it was going on too thick so i used a lot more than i should have done. Oh well we learn from these little situations.

I think dream land is deffinately calling me now. :) yawn .....

Call me tomorrow. xxx

Hi hun, i think u deserve a slap on the back for a job well done. It is a nightmare some times when we work in others homes , as sometimes like you we have no room to move. In regards to the blue oceon, like kim has mentioned all ready, your heater will have been set to low hun. I have never known the heat to effect the oceon blue so just halt it up a notch. U are doing an amazing job chic keep going xxxxx:hug:

Bless you, I feel your pain!! Sounds like you can relax in the knowledge you did a good job though otherwise they wouldn't have tipped you! x

:) It is such hard work lugging about. I'm mobile too, it is a case of getting your bits into boxes etc. So at least when you get home you dont have much to do but steralise. I get back ache i think it's down to the bed not being high enough. Can you adjust yours. I really need to invest in a new one.
But congratulate yourself on having these jobs so quickly and it will get easier as you get used to it.:hug:
Take it easy Faye.xx

:) It is such hard work lugging about. I'm mobile too, it is a case of getting your bits into boxes etc. So at least when you get home you dont have much to do but steralise. I get back ache i think it's down to the bed not being high enough. Can you adjust yours. I really need to invest in a new one.
But congratulate yourself on having these jobs so quickly and it will get easier as you get used to it.:hug:
Take it easy Faye.xx
I cant adjust my bed unfortunately so might look round for a lightweight one that does adjust. My backs killing today. x

oh hun have a hig :hug: , this is the reason i have stopped doing waxing mobile !! my back is shocking by the time i get the stuff out of the car etc... even though my table is a kightweight one , its soo flipping awkward putting em up and down :eek:

hope you feel better soon hun xxxxx

Hi, I've recently started off mobile too. I.ve also had the same problem with regards to my couch but I have found that many clients who don't have the room for a couch are quite happy to lay a towel on their bed and have the waxing done there.

Hi, I've recently started off mobile too. I.ve also had the same problem with regards to my couch but I have found that many clients who don't have the room for a couch are quite happy to lay a towel on their bed and have the waxing done there.

Giggle, i tried this but her bed was a futon on the floor :) Disaster, at least i had two pedicures this evening which were nice and straight forwards - and another tip so must be doing something right :eek:

Well done, sounds like you must be doing something right to get the £6 tip - doing mobile does sound more difficult than working in a salon though especially what with shifting all the kit around and whatnot!

Latest posts

Back