waxing or plucking eyebrows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makingitwork

Reaction score
just wondering how do you decide if your going to wax or pluck a clients eyebrows

or do you let them decide

Donna x

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondering how do you decide if your going to wax or pluck a clients eyebrows

or do you let them decide

Donna x

Personnally I would only pluck chickens lol!!! (One of Geeg's lines!) :hug:

As for tweezing or waxing brows.. I guess its personal preference whether a quick one or two tidy up with tweezers or quite a few straglers with wax. I always wax (unless the client cannot have waxing - due to medication or other contraindcation) then if I don't get them all out I do detailing with tweezers for the stubborn ones.

HTH

Personnally I would only pluck chickens lol!!! (One of Geeg's lines!) :hug:

One of my lecturers at college always says that as well :lol:

I usually wax unless the client specifically asked for tweezers to be used only.Occasionally on older clients where the skin under the brow is very loose I will just use tweezers as the skin can be very fragile on older ladies.But mostly i find wax gives a cleaner finish and get rid of all the fine,fluffy hair too.I usually use tweezers after waxing for definition after or to remove any shorter hair that the wax doesnt grip.hth xx

I always do both. I wax the middle, top and vellus hairs from underneath, then I perfect the arch with tweezers. xxx

Me too.I dont think you can get that really precise look without a bit of tweezing.I love my tweezers and even removing one hair can make all the difference.

I wonder if it is because so many therapists just wax nowadays that many people are now after threading .It seems to be becoming much more in demand but the finish is only the same as if you have waxed and tweezed which is just as precise.

i wax the bulk, and then tweeze to 'define' the shape.

hth

amb x

Me too.I dont think you can get that really precise look without a bit of tweezing.I love my tweezers and even removing one hair can make all the difference.

Absolutely! Love love love the brows. xxx

i wax the bulk, and then tweeze to 'define' the shape.

hth

amb x

Do the same unless the client has a recent-ish spray tan and then I advocate plucking, so as not to have white eyebrows!

sorry to hijack the thread but is there a minimum age that you would wax eyebrows? my 12 year old daughter decided to shave off half of one of her eyebrows the other week although she insists its tweezered! there is no way she did that with tweezers!! :eek: I had serious words with her about using my razor and she promised to let it grow back and never do it again.

She is at senior school and at 'that age' already :rolleyes: rather than her or me mutilating them i'd rather she had them professionally done, I managed to ruin mine for life at about her age by plucking them too thin which was all the rage in them days, they now grow straggly and I can never get a nice shape :cry: she is worried about the pain of waxing but i've been reading about Kims brazilians not hurting too much, is it the same technique for waxing and if so would she be considered too young to get them done?

My rules are simple....I will do nothing on anyone under the age of 16, without full agreement from both parent and child, and with a parent present!

I then apply common sense on top....I had a mother once ask me to cut her child's cuticles (while she, the mother was in with me for enhancements) The child was about 8. I refued explaining that whilst I didn't know the exact result, I never advocated cutting cuticle on anyone, especially not on one still in development.

Waxing, I'd feel comfortable from about 12....if the parent was fully happy and there was good reason (for example.....legs becoming hairier during puberty)...not just consenting. If the parent has been badgered into it - you can usually tell, then I don't do it.

And the parent needs to be present! Don't forget, if the client is under 16 and their parent not present, technically you should be CRB checked!

Thanks for all you replies

Latest posts

Back