Waxing - phd or pot?!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi does anyone know where you can get a power inverter from please, I didnt know you could get such a thing!!!!

I use a roller system and wax pot for facial, bikini and underarm treatments. Roller system is much quicker and easier to transport although i pack everything into a plastic box wedged together so no movement. I did have a pot topple over once in back of car, god never again and you learn from your mistakes.

I was thinking about getting a phd system, like the idea of being all compact.

I think i remeber seeing one on the ABC product order list if Im not mistaken can not remeber the price

My wax heater also sometimes plays up with the temp as it is sometimes TOO hot for bikini lines so i do turn it down for those.

I think the peelable wax by ABC is better for bikini lunes anyway.

Otherwise ive had no probs with the heaters.:confused:

My wax heater also sometimes plays up with the temp as it is sometimes TOO hot for bikini lines so i do turn it down for those.

I think the peelable wax by ABC is better for bikini lunes anyway.

Otherwise ive had no probs with the heaters.:confused:
The rubber coating inside the heater keeps coming off making the wax tubes much too hot. Haven't tried peelable wax yet, will give it a go. Thanks for that. xx

So who uses the PHD system? What do you think of it?

I use phD and love it, it's soooo much more hygienic and quick than other systems. I also love the little gate on the applicators to stop the wax running out of the tube!

I've got a half leg was down to about 10 mins now and about 20 for a full leg wax. I am very careful doing bikini waxes, i think you should always use hard wax for the underneathy bit, and will only do the sides and a bit off the top with phD.

I've not used the ABC system so can't really compare with that, but it's much nicer than pot and spatula and roll on systems.

Big :hug: 's!

I use phD and love it, it's soooo much more hygienic and quick than other systems. I also love the little gate on the applicators to stop the wax running out of the tube!

I've got a half leg was down to about 10 mins now and about 20 for a full leg wax. I am very careful doing bikini waxes, i think you should always use hard wax for the underneathy bit, and will only do the sides and a bit off the top with phD.

I've not used the ABC system so can't really compare with that, but it's much nicer than pot and spatula and roll on systems.

Big :hug: 's!

Thanks for that. What is it like for use on eyebrows and facial waxing? I know htat they have brought our smaller applicator heads for these areas.

PhD every time, it is wonderful, quick and vry clean. My clients love it.:)

Sorry Pure i couldnt put your quote up that says " to quote" as i dont know how to,need my husband to show me that!

Anyway for facail waxing you can still use ABC with the smaller heads but i find it difficult as im kakhanded,so i squeeze alittle onto a sthin spatula and apply like so,works wonders and if you are exact no need to pluck!

I still get clients that are in awe of the machine when they see the tubes and such like and it seems that the pot and spatula is still popular.
However i get so many repeat waxings from it due to the fact is soooo gentle and for bikini lines its fab...as Sassy found when she did hers...:lol:

There is a website for it but i get it from my La Phyto supplier in Somerset,i dont know if im allowed to put the website on here im still not sure of the rules!
:!:

Pure, I've used PHD and ABC wax. IMO the ABC wax is better. It's less prone to tackiness on the skin, A far gentler waxing experience I feel.:green::hug:

i love my phd wax heater,.its perfect for mobile as it fits everything in, and it does have different heads. I also like the look of the new eggpot- that way you can have it all!

I've only just been introduced to the little applicators (they're so cute!), and love the bikini one but can't get on with the facial one. PhD do little tiny spatulas for the face and i really like these because you can be really precise, good for eyebrows.

I've only just been introduced to the little applicators (they're so cute!), and love the bikini one but can't get on with the facial one. PhD do little tiny spatulas for the face and i really like these because you can be really precise, good for eyebrows.

I am a big fan of the little facial spatulas too. I use these with the traditional pot wax too!

I trained with pot and orange stick for small areas, and these are the closest things i've found, nice smooth edges instead of scratchy orange stick :)

could anyone tell me where to purchase the abc waxing system most of you rave about. i have used the internet search system but to no avail. is abc short for something, if you tell me the full trade name that may be of help to me.

cheers you all:)

abc= australian bodycare they have a website and thn a number for your local distributer - the retail side of this s great!!!

Hi

I love the clean and easy waxing system I have been using it for years. But when it comes down to it I still love using the waxing pot for facial hair as it is alot easier to control where you want it to go.

phd for me. its quick, claean and hygienic, and great for eyebrows, especially the little plastic spatulas- they are preshaped and make eyebrows a doddle.tjmo:)

Latest posts

Back