Waxing - phd or pot?!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hey

At college we leart PHD, pot and roller waxing but would just like opinons on which is the best type of waxing both mobile and in salon??

Thanks

Becki x

Hello Bexi
Well all therapists will say something different. Each system has its pros and cons. Personally after having to use clean and easy roller wax at the salon i work at i would choose roller wax. It is quicker and easier than p&s but like i said before everyone will have a different opinion.

Hey Becki,

As Bronni said, we all have our preferences - I'm very much an old fashioned kind of guy and still prefer the pot and spatula method in my salon. I find it gives me much more flexibility over the type of wax I use (I always have two pots on the go - a pot of strip wax and a pot of hard wax, which would be pretty much impossible to use in a roller), and I also feel I can fine tune the temperature of the product in my heater much easier compared to other systems.

A roller or PHD-type system might be less messy to transport for mobile therapists and slightly quicker when it comes to application (although a lot comes down to the skill and experience of the technician - I can get my wax on the skin using a spatula almost as fast as using a roller). So, there are lots of pros and cons for each system - what do you feel most comfortable using?

Andy x

I love roller for legs and eyebrows but i use creme pot wax for underarms and bikini.

I use phd as it suits me being mobile. I tried other methods but settled with phd as its easily transportable, no spillage, hygienic and quick.

x

I use phd as it suits me being mobile. I tried other methods but settled with phd as its easily transportable, no spillage, hygienic and quick.

x

Have you got the student one or the full Phd heater and kit?

How long does it take to heat up when you get to the clients house?

I have the full phd system that holds two wax tubes in the top heater plus booster chamber at the front. Its handy as it holds all your equipment together too (pre & post wax, applicators, spatulas, strips etc). The student j-pod only has the booster chamber so not really practical if you are doing lots of treatments.

I heat up the system before I travel and have a power inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter in my car providing a socket for the phd to keep the heat. No heat up time and you can carry out treatment straight away when you get to your client.

Hope this helps. x

I use the Australian Bodycare TT-Hy wax system, very much like PHD, but I prefer the ABC wax, less sticky in my opinion. I also have an in car adaptor for my heater, I can keep the wax at optimum working temperature as I'm traveling.
I also have a small pot for hard wax (bikini line and other sensitive areas, much kinder to the skin IMO.)

I use both Clean and easy roller wax and pot method.

I like to use pot method for eyebrows,bikini and underarm,and roller system for everywhere else.So both pot and roller come with me and are used in the salon.

I have a lockable lid on my pot so dosn't pose any probs for me in the car.Everything gets tightly wedged together in a plastic box,so no chance of anything falling over.

I find it's what suits each person.We are all different and what suits one may not suit another.HTH

I have used PHD for over 7 years I prefer it as i think its more hygienic but it is more expensive than the pot.
But everyone has their own favourite wax system

Ruby

I use the ABC wax heater (like PHD) i have used phd, roller wax & the pot & my preference is the tube system.

One of the reasons I use ABC system is it is a creme wax & its tea tree which I love. Brilliant for sensitive skin imo. Also I find it the easiest to use.

i prefer the pot and spatula method, like axiom, i feel it give me more flexibility with the kind of wax i use. i always have hard and soft wax ready to use throughout the day.
i also like have a heater on the go which i use interchangable pots in for waxes such as lavender, tea tree and chocolate (in october i use pink wax and donate some money from each treatment to breast cancer...we do other promotions throughout the year....pot and spatula give us the freedom for this)

sorry for rambling!

I have the full phd system that holds two wax tubes in the top heater plus booster chamber at the front. Its handy as it holds all your equipment together too (pre & post wax, applicators, spatulas, strips etc). The student j-pod only has the booster chamber so not really practical if you are doing lots of treatments.

I heat up the system before I travel and have a power inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter in my car providing a socket for the phd to keep the heat. No heat up time and you can carry out treatment straight away when you get to your client.

Hope this helps. x

Hi does anyone know where you can get a power inverter from please, I didnt know you could get such a thing!!!!

I use a roller system and wax pot for facial, bikini and underarm treatments. Roller system is much quicker and easier to transport although i pack everything into a plastic box wedged together so no movement. I did have a pot topple over once in back of car, god never again and you learn from your mistakes.

I was thinking about getting a phd system, like the idea of being all compact.

Thats great, Thanks very much x

phd all the way!!!! not only is it so much more hygenic but its less messy for you - i actually have people come in and ask if we use phd before they'll book an appointment! it heats up quicker too!:lol:

A HUGE thank you to you all!!! I'm definatly going to do some web serches now I didn't know there were so many different brands of each (college is very good at hoodwinking you!)

So do u think excel is the best place to be buying waxing (and other) equipment?

becki x

Hi, do phd do a water dispersible wax?

Hi, do phd do a water dispersible wax?

No PHD don't do a water dispersablw wax
They do Honey Wax and Green Tea Tree Wax

Rubyx

No PHD don't do a water dispersablw wax
They do Honey Wax and Green Tea Tree Wax

Rubyx

thanks for your fast reply :) that's a shame though!

Latest posts

Back