Waxing - phd or pot?!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say pot & spatula still for me!! Tried roller but just not the same!! :)

Hi,

I was told at the training course that phd wax is water soluable?

Ive been using PHD in a busy saon for 9 years now and its definately not water soluble

Rubyx

Hi,

I called Ellisons this morning to clarify re PhD Wax and their response was that PhD Tea Tree wax is water soluable but the honey wax is not.

Hope this helps.

I went to Excel with the mission to get the Clean n Easy system, but I stumbled across the ABC stand and I preferred their system in the end so bought that instead. I did try the Jpod to see how I got on with PHD, but I didn't like that there wasn't an applicator for the eyebrows and bikini line which you can with ABC. I also found the people on the ABC stand very helpful and I am a stickler (or maybe a sucker!) for fab customer service!

I just hope I made the right choice as I really don't like waxing much and I am a very messy worker!

hi all

I went for Austrailian bodycare tea tree waxing or however the blimin words are ordered!

Fingers crossed!!!

PhD do have 3 sized applicators now. Small for eyebrows, medium for bikini etc and large for legs. They've only resently started with the small and medium though, as they were new in the 2007 Ellisons catalogue.

PhD do have 3 sized applicators now. Small for eyebrows, medium for bikini etc and large for legs. They've only resently started with the small and medium though, as they were new in the 2007 Ellisons catalogue.

Doh!!! Oh well I'm happy with my purchase!

I went to Excel with the mission to get the Clean n Easy system, but I stumbled across the ABC stand and I preferred their system in the end so bought that instead. I did try the Jpod to see how I got on with PHD, but I didn't like that there wasn't an applicator for the eyebrows and bikini line which you can with ABC. I also found the people on the ABC stand very helpful and I am a stickler (or maybe a sucker!) for fab customer service!

I just hope I made the right choice as I really don't like waxing much and I am a very messy worker!
Sassy and Bexi, you've definitely made a great choice. The ABC waxing is the best system I've come across in about 16 years (since I was trained).:green:

hi all

I went for Austrailian bodycare tea tree waxing or however the blimin words are ordered!

Fingers crossed!!!

Lol, that's why I put ABC!!!

haha im such a dunce

Doh!!! Oh well I'm happy with my purchase!

Don't Worry ! The new PHD applicators will still fit on the ABC tubes:) well they will if they haven't changed the shape of the PHD tubes lol.

The spa I used to work at ditched PHD in favour of ABC & we used up all the old applicators on the ABC tubes so I know that The large applicator heads fit.

You have made the right choice Sassy, the ABC wax is lovely & you can get every last bit of wax out of the tube.

i use pot and spatula and have never used any other system

i have had a bikini wax with the phd system and the therapist didn't look very comfortable at all

Does anyone have a web link for ABC waxing? I tried Googling but can't find anything.

We teach our basic waxing class and our advanced waxing class with the Eggpot waxing system, its great - it looks good, easy to keep clean and we also have the converter for the tubes, this fits into the egg pot waxer, so you can use both.
Any questions about prices etc pm me.

You have made the right choice Sassy, the ABC wax is lovely & you can get every last bit of wax out of the tube.

Just did my bikini line, normally I have to count to 20 (and beyond) before pulling off the strip, but this just did not hurt. Don't know whether it was coincidence or the wax, but I can already lot of difference in my ability. It really is lovely wax to use and I never knew how much difference using a good wax could use but it did - oh and I used their fabric strips which I prefer to the paper strips!

I know it's early days but I can see why so many people rave about the ABC system, and so less messy than I found the PHD and pot systems!

I use the roll on wax for legs, bikini, under arm, forarm and i use the pot for eyebrows and lips because the orange stick is thinner than the small heads on the rolling system, but it depends on what you are most comfortable with. also i find that the roll on wax takes half the time the pot and spatula does and your less likely to miss spots and it doesn't take long to heat up also less mess. I think you can see that I like roll on better. Let me know what you choose and how you get on.
x

I personally feel the ABC system with tubes is FANTASTIC,and have tried ALL kinds of pot and rollerball waxing,and still found it difficult.....how i passed my module for waxing at level 2 is beyond me LOL.

For eyebrows and facial waxing the peelable wax is good with ABC too.:)

Hi Everyone,
I've always found the roller method easiest, but changed to ABC Hy wax 18 months ago for improved hygeine. Really like the wax but have had continual problems with the heaters, (we have 3 in the salon). Suppliers tell me no one else has had any problems, just wondered if that's really true?

Good luck, Becki.
xx

Just did my bikini line, normally I have to count to 20 (and beyond) before pulling off the strip, but this just did not hurt. Don't know whether it was coincidence or the wax, but I can already lot of difference in my ability. It really is lovely wax to use and I never knew how much difference using a good wax could use but it did - oh and I used their fabric strips which I prefer to the paper strips!

I know it's early days but I can see why so many people rave about the ABC system, and so less messy than I found the PHD and pot systems!
Great to hear you're getting on well with it. ABC have always done lovely wax, far less tacky than some others, but now it's in the tube system, well, IMHO-the best!:green:

Latest posts

Back