Waxing - please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bliss26

Reaction score
Okay so I waxed my legs yesterday. Now my legs are very very itchy.... Like unbelievably itchy!

I used to work in salon and used to do my legs and before that did my legs at college and they were absolutely fine! But I can't figure out what it could be.

The only thing I can think I have done differently is I had netball last night and wore leggings but I waxed them on weds. It doesn't look like folliculitis as there aren't lumps. It's literally the whole of my 2 legs where I've waxed. Haven't changed wax either!

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant waxed on weds!!!

Have you put anything on them?

All I've put on them is after
Wax which has been the same and now because they are so itchy I tried hydrocortisone cream last night and this morning and now e45 cream and still really itchy! Almost like a mosquito bite but all over! Last time this happened it was constant itching
For 3 weeks almost until the hairs came through. and I just bit The bullet but this time seems worse.....

I think I have had this before, but not the day after, think it was a few days after. It sounds silly but almost feels like u can feel the new hairs growing in the follicles and the itch is just horrific!! Not sure what it is tbh but think I used sudocrem, I ended up making my legs bleed it was that itchy :(...hope it stops soon! good luck!

Omigosh merelle I'm so glad I'm not the only one I though I was going
Mad!! I'll give the sudocrem a
Go Tomoz I'll get a massive tub!!! Lol. Trying to not think about it but it's awful lol. I can understand how you would make them bleed as I think if I start not I won't be able to stop!!!!

Have you waxed your legs since and did it happen again?
X thank you :)

There's nothing more annoying than itchy legs when your trying to sleep lol... Yep I have waxed them since, iv waxed a few times, bikini also, and it happens every time, although it does get less itchy the more you wax it seems... I don't have sensitive skin or anything, it must just be the little hairs starting to form...veeeerrrry annoying X

Try a cold compress, calamine lotion or perhaps an Aloe Vera Gel to see if this helps..
Some people find an anti histamine tablet or cream may help reduce the itching and calm your skin down a bit.

HTH Jack

Thank you jack!!!!!! :):) x

This happens to me too!! I thought it was just me! I have found that mine is possibly due to dryness! So i make sure i moisturise LOTS for a few days before i wax my legs! And if that doesnt work i just use a dry brush to scratch them! Ha!

I have long nails and i always end up making my legs bleed durin the night! Not a good look! Also with me its always just the lower leg. Anyone else the same?! X

This happens to me too!! I thought it was just me! I have found that mine is possibly due to dryness! So i make sure i moisturise LOTS for a few days before i wax my legs! And if that doesnt work i just use a dry brush to scratch them! Ha!

I have long nails and i always end up making my legs bleed durin the night! Not a good look! Also with me its always just the lower leg. Anyone else the same?! X

Lower outer shin for me! Agggghhhh!! X

Yess!! That is the exact spot! Drives me insane! Glad we are not alone in our itching madness! Ha. X

Oooo a dry brush would be sooo good right now aha! But I'm resisting as I know they'll get worse and yesssss lower leg but when I start itching it makes it all itch but feels soooo good lol! Thank you all for the help thank god I've got you geeks :) love it :) x

Someone told me that slapping something when it itches helps.
I would be lying if I said I didn't try it... Looool

I went through a stage of itching all over - especially the legs - it wasnt due to waxing - dont know what it was.

Anyhow after going through every cream under the sun and waking up with bleeding all the time, I found antihistimine tablets the way to go. I use to take half a tablet at around 6pm so it was working by the time I went to bed. And being just half didnt make me too tired. Ended up just needing to do this every 3 days. It was the certizine or something one I used. It does make you drowsy - but just taking half made it ok.

xx

Another thing to try is a bath with bi-carb soda in it.

I have this before on my legs. Don't know if it is the same thing but my doctor told me it was due to 'over exfoliation'. So I now make sure I use oil under my wax and don't exfoliate my legs for a week before waxing and I now don't have this problem.

Feel your pain though! No matter how much you scratch it just doesn't help!

Latest posts

Back