waxing pregnant ladies! help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucie

Reaction score
:irked: i have to wax a client next week who is getting rather large...i am a mobile therapist so need ideas how to do a full leg wax, the front isn't a prob but client wont be able to lay on front to wax back of legs!!!! any ideas thanku guys xx

I've never had to encounter this yet but how about having her lie down on one side then the other. Hopefully you can meet up the areas at the back of her legs this way.

I'm sure other peeps will have advice for you on this one - I shall be waiting to see what they say!

thanku thats an idea but she is a big lady anyway but i think ur right thats the only option i think!!!

you can get her to kneel on the couch, obviously not with her heels touching her bum!! so shes in an 'L' shape. then u can wax the bottom part of her legs and as you get towards the backs of her knees and her thighs just get her to lean forward. you could even put the back of the bed up for her to lean on if she cant support herself.

alternatively do the backs of her thighs from the front, just get her to bring one leg in to her chest, wax the back of that, then repeat on the other side.

Or as has already been mantioned, get her on her side.

HTH's

=]

I do the back of my pregnant ladies legs when they are lying on their sides and then get them to stand up to check if I've missed any bits, if I have I whip them off when they are standing up!

It is a bit of a faf but they understand!! :eek:

Meant to add- do as much from the front as possible then as much as you can of both legs from each side! It's actually quite satisfying when you have finished!

are you using a roller system or a spatula???

One of my ladies was so large I actually ended up waxing the back of her legs standing up...wouldnt recc it as it may have been more comfortable for her but it certainly wasnt for me....gawd what you do to make your clients happy eh?

Do alot of pregnant ladies want waxing then?

Do alot of pregnant ladies want waxing then?
I've done quite a few who don't usually wax, they have a hard time reaching to shave.
I find laying them on their side the easiest.

I think lots of ladies want their bikini line waxing just before their due date but not everything works out to planespecially if they go over and its a sudden labour!

I get my legs waxed and I lie on the couch (or sit up actually) for her to do as much as poss from the front

Then I get off the bed and kind of kneel one leg on a chair (one leg on the floor) and she does the back of that leg - swap over

My waxing lady does have to knee on the floor to do this, but she never misses a bit and its very comfortable for me at 8 months pregnant.

Gina :)

Last edited:
thankyou girlies....side option seems the way to go...spatular wax so more likely to get on floor if she stands up............THANKYOU XXXX...luckly she rebooked for next week but i now have the answer xxxxx

Latest posts

Back