Waxing Quetion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou

Reaction score
Hi Everybody

Can anyone please tell me what causes little white pimples after facial waxing - me and a friend have both found we get this about 24 hours after. Is it a normal reaction cos it's bl**dy awful, dont have any probs anywhere else like legs, u/arm etc??

Also what can you do to get rid of em?

Many Thanks
Louise x x

lou said:
Hi Everybody

Can anyone please tell me what causes little white pimples after facial waxing - me and a friend have both found we get this about 24 hours after. Is it a normal reaction cos it's bl**dy awful, dont have any probs anywhere else like legs, u/arm etc??

Also what can you do to get rid of em?

Many Thanks
Louise x x
Facial waxing does or can tend to cause these spots for some people,its a very sensitive area.Best to try to avoid touching the area,applying make-up or any perfumed products,just leave well alone,usually they clear up pretty quick,try a witch Hazel sterex gel.

its usually caused by over stimulating the area.
This usually happens on lip & bikini waxing (no i dont mean those lips:o )
They will go within a few days just apply tea tree.

As far as i no there is not anything you can do to stop this happening.
Its just a contra- action of waxing.
so dont worry you havent done anything wrong.:hug:

princessk said:
its usually caused by over stimulating the area.
This usually happens on lip & bikini waxing (no i dont mean those lips:o )
They will go within a few days just apply tea tree.

LOL

Thanks for your help ladies! I'm not a beauty therapist so dont know much about waxing and wasn't sure if it ws something we'd done, only ever had 1 top lip wax where it's not happened. Do you think the type of wax could be anything to do with it?

Thanks
L x

lou said:
LOL

Thanks for your help ladies! I'm not a beauty therapist so dont know much about waxing and wasn't sure if it ws something we'd done, only ever had 1 top lip wax where it's not happened. Do you think the type of wax could be anything to do with it?

Thanks
L x
It dosnt usually make any differnece what wax is used,there is a t.tree wax which is good for sensitive and we do use it in our salon alongside honey wax,however ladies do still get this problem even when using the t.tree.As I said earlier its an extremely sensitive area and unfortunately some ladies are more prone to it.Just try to avoid touching and transferring bacteria via your hands to your upper lip.

lou said:
LOL

Thanks
L x

I've never had the little white pimples.....but have had upper lip wax....thought I was going to die it hurt so bad!:eek: now If I feel like Geraldo I just use a hair remover for those ' sensitive ' area now:)
Melissa

Those little white pimples are not unheard of. Especially on the upper lip. I always make sure that I apply tea tree oil or a soothing toner afterwards to help calm the area and close the pores. Applying oil before waxing also helps with very sensitive areas.

huberella said:
Those little white pimples are not unheard of. Especially on the upper lip. I always make sure that I apply tea tree oil or a soothing toner afterwards to help calm the area and close the pores. Applying oil before waxing also helps with very sensitive areas.
I'm unsure as to why you would apply oil prior to waxing any area,since we use a pre-wax solution prior to waxing to make sure there is no oil/grease on the skin.If you apply oil of any description then the wax will not adhere to the skin.Could you explain why you do this please?:confused: :confused: :confused:

BABSann said:
I'm unsure as to why you would apply oil prior to waxing any area,since we use a pre-wax solution prior to waxing to make sure there is no oil/grease on the skin.If you apply oil of any description then the wax will not adhere to the skin.Could you explain why you do this please?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi Barbara,

I also use oil underneath wax. Like you, I was taught at college to use a pre-wax solution to remove grease, make-up and perspiration from the skin, and to then use a powder to absorb any excess moisture.

I think you hit the nail on the head, however, when you said:

BABSann said:
If you apply oil of any description then the wax will not adhere to the skin.

That's exactly what the oil does - it creates a barrier and stops the wax from sticking to the skin, making the whole experience much less painful for the client! I still cleanse the skin to shift excess body-lotion, perspiration, etc, but then I add a tiny (and I mean tiny!) amount of oil before spreading on the wax. Too much will cause the whole caboodle to slide about uncontrollably, but just a smear will create the perfect barrier and it makes skin lifting a thing of the past.

I know it sounds crazy, but I've been using this method with hard wax and creme wax for nearly two years, and I have it on good authority that it also works a treat with honey and gel waxes (as I'm sure Huberella will attest to). I'd never go back to powder. It takes a bit of practice, but seriously, it's well worth the results - give it a go! :)

thanks for the reply's everybody, found the oil thing interesting - wonder if this will help?!?

I look even worse today lol - like sodding teenage acne which I never suffered with as a teenager and I even had 2 compliments on Easter Sunday on how nice my skin is - good job they cant see me now lol!:lol: :irked:

Louise x

Axiom,
I've heard of this on the american sites though I've never tried it, what kind of oil do you use?
thanks
ali

alli said:
Axiom,
I've heard of this on the american sites though I've never tried it, what kind of oil do you use?
thanks
ali

Funnily enough it was an American waxer called Lori Nestore that I picked the oil tip up from, but I believe the use of pre-wax oils actually orginated in France (where some of the best waxes are still produced).

Some companies sell specific pre-wax oils which are the perfect consistency for use, but to be honest you can use pretty much any light massage oil - I'd personally steer clear of the thicker oils like avocado or wheatgerm, as these would be more difficult to get the right amount on the skin, but even these would work at a push. You do need to be aware of potential allergies, however.

You could even use a light smearing of the oils that Hive or Clean and Easy sell as wax removers - they're basically mineral oils, but do exactly the same job of creating a barrier between skin and wax. Baby oil (mineral oil) is fine too, although I know some therapists don't like the idea of using petroleum derived products.

For the aromatherapists out there, I know Huberella has suggested using an essential oil such as tea-tree - I haven't tried this myself, but it would certainly do the trick with the added benefit of being antiseptic! In the UK, unless you're a qualified aromatherapist you'd need to check your insurance covered you for the use of essential oils before doing this.

Andy :)

samll pimples are not uncommon with waxing. when I can I try to convince my clients to switch to sugaring. it's much nicer and gentler.

Latest posts

Back