Waxing strips - Paper or Fabric??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waxing strips - Fabric or Paper

• Paper

Votes: 58 54.7%
  • Fabric

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Don't really mind

Votes: 10 9.4%

• Total voters

Clairet

Reaction score
I was just reading another thread about different types or wax, and it got me wondering, do you prefer to use paper or fabric strips?

Most of my clients think that fabric is less painful, and hence that would be my choice. I also prefer fabric to work with.

Just curious?

hi

i use paper on legs, eyebrows, upper lip, (mens) backs and fabric for bikini/underarms

this is just my preference - hated fabric when first trained but wouldnt do without it for bikini now - sooooooo much easier (for me anyway)

hth
nicola
x

its paper for me, i find them easier to work with (tjmo). my clients have never said about the pain- but hten i have always used paper so many dont know the difference!:)

has to be paper, can't get on with fabric x

hi

i use paper on legs, eyebrows, upper lip, (mens) backs and fabric for bikini/underarms

this is just my preference - hated fabric when first trained but wouldnt do without it for bikini now - sooooooo much easier (for me anyway)

hth
nicola
x

in what way is it easier for bikini ?

i mostly do eyebrows.

I use cloth strips,can use either but am used to these rather than paper.Using one or other does not make easier or less easier for any type or area,experience is what counts.

Waxing with either does NOT affect waxing results.It is no more painful for a client using one over the other.If a client finds it's painful then it's either down to pain threshold,waxing technique of the therapist,certainly not the use of either paper or cloth.HTH

I use cloth strips,can use either but am used to these rather than paper.Using one or other does not make easier or less easier for any type or area,experience is what counts.

Waxing with either does NOT affect waxing results.It is no more painful for a client using one over the other.If a client finds it's painful then it's either down to pain threshold,waxing technique of the therapist,certainly not the use of either paper or cloth.HTH

I agree with you Babs, although when I was waxing a few friends last week, I did a bit of a trial.

When they were having the backs of their legs waxed and were lying face down, I used paper and fabric, and asked if they could tell the difference.

They all said that the fabric ones were better!!

Could be total rubbish, but it just got be wondering what we all thought.

I prefer working with fabric, as I think it molds better to the body contours, but obviously we all have differing opinions.

I'm just interested in what you all have to say :hug:

I agree with you Babs, although when I was waxing a few friends last week, I did a bit of a trial.

When they were having the backs of their legs waxed and were lying face down, I used paper and fabric, and asked if they could tell the difference.

They all said that the fabric ones were better!!

Could be total rubbish, but it just got be wondering what we all thought.

I prefer working with fabric, as I think it molds better to the body contours, but obviously we all have differing opinions.

I'm just interested in what you all have to say :hug:
Sorry Clairet,not meaning to sound off,just waxing is waxing,the hair is ripped out via the hair follicle,wax strip should make no difference whatsoever.

Anyway chuck,will be interesting to see what geeks say.:hug:

Sorry Clairet,not meaning to sound off,just waxing is waxing,the hair is ripped out via the hair follicle,wax strip should make no difference whatsoever.

Anyway chuck,will be interesting to see what geeks say.:hug:

No probs hun. Like you said, it really shouldn't make a difference, and maybe my mates are all a load of babies!!!!:lol::lol:

well in college last week , my friend used paper ones on me , i asked her to try the cloth ones as it was hurting more than usual (i usually use cloth on myslef)
and i did notice the reduction in pain !

I go through phases... presently I am using paper for all areas... but I started out using fabric but liked the feel of the paper, I felt I had a little more control in gripping and ripping.. but now I have been waxing for over 18 months on a regular basis I would be ok using the fabric I am sure. I might even give it a go this week to see if my regulars notice any difference :)

well in college last week , my friend used paper ones on me , i asked her to try the cloth ones as it was hurting more than usual (i usually use cloth on myslef)
and i did notice the reduction in pain !
Well,what can I say:green: its like saying if I use a Braun shaver its less painful than a Boots shaver,same principle,does the same job.

The wax covers the hair,wax strip merely sticks wax to strip to enable easier removal of hairs.The fact that its paper or muslim should make no difference whatsoever,but hey!!!if it feels less painful then go for it:lol:

i choose i don't mind

i use both

paper for legs and fabric for face, underarm and bikini line

Well,what can I say:green: its like saying if I use a Braun shaver its less painful than a Boots shaver,same principle,does the same job.

The wax covers the hair,wax strip merely sticks wax to strip to enable easier removal of hairs.The fact that its paper or muslim should make no difference whatsoever,but hey!!!if it feels less painful then go for it:lol:
:lol: only giving my experience as a client btw
and as for pain , we are all trainee's anyway so probably more painful that it would be from an experienced waxer !
it could mabey have been in my mind as i know i like using the fabric ones ..

I have both but prefer the fabric ones. The reason being is that they are more flexible imho. However, what does annoy me about them is the way they shed bits of fabric - especially if you cut them to do smaller areas!

Not sure about the whole pain side of things, i can't say that i've ever noticed the difference with cloth or paper, but i would say with regards to what method the therapist uses its just a personal preference thing, the materials are different so some people are going to prefer one over the other, its a minor difference. i don't think experience would change most peoples preference, i could use fabric if i had too just prefer paper and doubt that will change. x:)

It has to be fabric EVERY TIME!!!
I panic if i have paper can not get on with paper,i just like the flexibiluity of the fabric!:green:

Paper for all areas for me!! But do have some material ones just in case I guess!! LOL :)

I have both but prefer the fabric ones. The reason being is that they are more flexible imho. However, what does annoy me about them is the way they shed bits of fabric - especially if you cut them to do smaller areas!
Yes Emma and Snuggs,I def prefer the fabric,they are more flexible and comfortable to use,imo, and it also annoys me all the little bits that come off the wax strips.

When I was at college I prefered the paper ones for some odd reason.:green:

We have oak wooden floors in the treatment rooms and they get covered with bits,have to sweep the rooms out as the day wears on,and when doing a face wax,eyebrow,lip or chin you get bits everywhere.

I shake my wax strip out before applying to the area but always find a rogue bit somewhere,be it in clients hair or stuck on eyelash:irked:

I hate those little 'bits' too! They make such a mess!:irked:

Latest posts

Back