Waxing with Pili Multigemini

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhi Hayat

Reaction score
Morning everyone!

I have a young lady coming in to my Salon today for a wax patch test and over the phone she says she suspects she may have pili multigemini (multiple hairs growing out of each follicle).

She wants to try waxing her intimate area but I said to her let me do my research to make sure I won't be making the condition worse!
There's info out there about it but it's from people with it, not people who wax people with it, so I'm stuck on what advice to give her i.e. aftercare about exfoliating the area, moisturising, what cream to apply if the area becomes inflamed? She told me that shaving makes it worse so she tweezes it instead but always comes out with big spots that are very painful.

If anyone has a client that they wax regularly with this condition please could you give me advice on this topic, thank you!

Rhi

Hi Rhi. I have a lot of clients with this, in particular Asian (Indian) and Arabic. You just wax them in exactly the same way but really stress the importance of aftercare to avoid ingrown hairs.

Use a good hot wax. They're no different to wax.

Hi Kim, I was really hoping you'd answer, thank you!

In regards to aftercare, would you advise to exfoliate the normal 2-3 times a week and apply nappy rash cream to sooth the area afterwards?

Hi Kim, I was really hoping you'd answer, thank you!

In regards to aftercare, would you advise to exfoliate the normal 2-3 times a week and apply nappy rash cream to sooth the area afterwards?
Glad to help. Yes, exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week gently and apply any body oil or body lotion of their choice.

I/you would only apply nappy rash cream immediately after waxing is it looked red or you'd removed loads of ingrown hairs. I wouldn't advise her to do that at home (too messy). That would be more for the intimate area though as nappy cream on the legs etc would make a right old mess. x

I used to have this and any waxing I had no matter what I did made it worse just ended up with very painful Ingrowing hairs and I was so careful with aftercare. So had IPL and now although I still have some hair it's soft and fine and can easily be waxed with no problems

I used to have this and any waxing I had no matter what I did made it worse just ended up with very painful Ingrowing hairs and I was so careful with aftercare. So had IPL and now although I still have some hair it's soft and fine and can easily be waxed with no problems

Thanks again Kim!

Pinknsparkly this is what I read too, that some people with PM tried waxing but just couldn't get on with it, so switched to IPL. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I'm asumming that everyone is different and some people with PM are fine with being waxed but others have to go to the next level!

Latest posts

Back