Web Site

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpink2008

Reaction score
Hey there Geeks,
wonder if you can help me. i want a website for my salon but don't want to be spending a fortune to start with and want to design it myself. anyone got any suggestions where to try?
thanks in advance for your help
xx:confused:

Try Freewebs hun, there easy to use and free...I use them and so do a few others on here....xxx

i usr mr site pro. available from amazon. i really like it and its dead use to use.

tigi
xxxx

Try freehostia.com build your own with front page or dreamweaver i have built 4 sites so if you need a hand pm me
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi I use Microsoft Office for Small Business, its free and you can buy a domain of .co.uk for £10.99 for 2 years (free for the first 2), it really easy to use and edit. You are not lumbered with those adds either which you get with some websites.

Try Freewebs hun, there easy to use and free...I use them and so do a few others on here....xxx

I agree i use them and im very pleased with how my site looks.

I agree i use them and im very pleased with how my site looks.

Also, with Freewebs, if you eventually want your own domain name (e.g. www.mysalon.co.uk rather than www.mysalon.freewebs.com or whatever) then they offer an option where you can pay for a premium service where you can have a domain name, and it will also get rid of all the Google adverts on the page too.

I use Microsoft Office Live, which is free with free software to design the site (really easy to use) & has no adverts. You can buy a domain name through them if you want something better than the one you get free as well. Also, they have a reports section that shows how many people have visited your site, which pages they clicked on, how they found your site, keywords they had typed into the search engine etc, which helps you to target your clients better.

I use Microsoft Office Live, which is free with free software to design the site (really easy to use) & has no adverts. You can buy a domain name through them if you want something better than the one you get free as well. Also, they have a reports section that shows how many people have visited your site, which pages they clicked on, how they found your site, keywords they had typed into the search engine etc, which helps you to target your clients better.

I made my site with office live too and its great the only thing i didnt like was that the background I wanted had a picture that I didnt want and I dont think I can get rid of it but definately have a look!! x

I made my site with office live too and its great the only thing i didnt like was that the background I wanted had a picture that I didnt want and I dont think I can get rid of it but definately have a look!! x

Mine came with a picture I didn't like, but I managed to change mine - don't ask me how though as I can't remember!!

I use mr site for my training site and 1and1.co.uk for my therapy site.

I did have freewebs but forgot my log ins so haven't been able to go in and make any changes.

With freehostia.com your paying for your name and getting hosting free. So no ad's
Only issue is it's not a .co.uk name you get.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back