Wedding exhibition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maizy

Reaction score
Right geeks have my first wedding exhibition - tshirts for my helpers made up, posters, leaflets, business cards etc for mobile tanning all sorted . Any advice for this as am so nervous and its my first one !!!!!

x

Hi no advice for you, but I would love to know how you get on as I have wondered how well people do at wedding fairs. Good luck anyway hope it goes well for you.:)

Hi no advice for you, but I would love to know how you get on as I have wondered how well people do at wedding fairs. Good luck anyway hope it goes well for you.:)

thanks will let you know on monday how i get on!:green:x

hi
i did two wedding fare's last year for the 1st time. the 1st one was a bit of a wash out as hardly anyone showed, i didnt get any wedding bookings but it did lead to regular work in a private school and 3 new regular clients. the second one was very busy and i did it with a friend who is a hair dresser, she done my hair to showcase her talents and i did her lashes (lash perfect) and make-up so showcase mine. it was good having her with lashes and make-up done so the brides had somthing real to see not just pictures in an album although thats also effective. also think about what you are going to put on your table, do you need to take a table cloth or is one provided? i put a small display of some of the treatments that brides would be interested in, like mani, pedi, facial, make-up etc and i scattered confetti and prettied it up with wedding props. i got a few wedding bookings but actually ended up with more regular clients for other things (mainly lashes) which is better than a wedding one off. my advice is, go and enjoy it, speak to as many people as possible. feel free to pm or ask me anything. xx

im a mua and have done a couple of fairs now ..
here are some tips that worked for me :
offer some sort of incentive or discount for bookings made on the day
make up wedding related packages ie. hen night pamper parties etc, bride and bridesmaid or mum etc ..
run some sort of competition / raffle etc - perhaps offer free tans for the bride and bridesmaid as a prize then take their email details, mob no's ensuring they tick the : happy to receive details of special offers, promotions box!
put your business cards in a little organza bag with marshmallows, mint imperials etc .. several mua i know have done this, brings people to the stand as looks so pretty and you'll stand out from the others
network, network, network ... dont forget there is a concentration of wedding related service providers all around - swap cards, leaflets, web site links etc .. offer to do free treatment for the wedding dress shop to take a stash of leaflets for you etc etc
good luck and have fun x

Last edited:
thanks those idea's are great will try get some of those idea's into action, shall let you know how it goes,

thanks again !x

Yes thats a very good idea for you and your helpers to wear all the services you want to offer to the brides. So if they say oh what colour does the tan go or will the tan go orange then you can show them your helpers so they have some kind of idea.

Maybe you could offer little taster whilst your there of something?

Or perhaps offer a special offer if they book with you on that day then they get a free treatment voucher for one of their wedding treatments say of value £5 or £10

Hope it all goes well for you. Let us know how it goes!
xx

Well it was a good day tiering but good, was from 12-5pm had alot of interest made up special packages , space was quite small which i found suprising how much i paid for it but think i did well with the space. My table consisted of -

Leaflets.
Business Cards.
Confetti + Glittery things. :green:
Bowl of marshmallows.
My tent booth at the side.
A couple of solutions on the table.
Candle.

Some pic's
10396689776a12358076917l.jpg

10396689776a12358078335l.jpg

10396689776a12358077299l.jpg

1749077839a12358026111l.jpg

1749077839a12358024997l.jpg

Got loads more pic but dont want to bore you ! was a great day lots of intrest would do it again !:green:x

your table looks fab, did you take any bookings on the day ?

your table looks fab, did you take any bookings on the day ?

Thanks yes, most of them did not hav edtaes but took cards and leaflets etc so had 3 phonecalls today and hopfully get some more bookings when the dates are sorted :D!x

is that in arta hun? looks familiar...

Latest posts

Back