Weft extensions keep getting loose, help pls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siulum1314

Reaction score
Hi,

Lately our salon started doing weft extensions, we do the braiding method. the thing is the client comes back in a week and it has fallen 1 inch (loosened), when i did the braiding (cornrow) i actually braided it pretty tight, but for some reasons i dont know why, it just loosens within the week. Before i braid the hair, i spray some hairspray on that fine section to keep fibres together, then i start to braid against the scalp/root taking hairs from both sides into the braid so its nice and tight not hanging.

Can someone please help me and tell me wat ive done wrong, its not the extensions loosening, its the braids, when u look at it, it looks like shes had it in for a month, theres like 1-2cm roots

Thanks heaps!

A whole inch? That's a lot. Are you sure its an inch?

After a week I would expect braids to loosen around 0.5 - 1 cm, just from being slept on. Are you just expecting too much. I wouldn't expect extensions attached to a braid to last beyond 6 weeks and to feel considerably looser from the 3rd week. :)

are you braiding kalekalon into the cornrow to re-enforce it? x

yes are you using added hair to make it solid?? x

Latest posts

Back