Weird Dreams

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 horrible dreams that I always have. The first is that someone is trying to kill me:eek: and the person keeps morphing into different people so I never know who they are and I just have to keep running and hidding, I always wake up in tears and need a big hug from my hubby to calm me down (how lovely!!) The second is that I am driving my car down a hill that is near my house and when I get to the junction at the bottom my brakes don't work!! I am one of those unfortunate ones who has bad dreams all the time, it is horrid.

i have bad dreams too all the time. my last one (according to my fella) i was killing someone in my sleep and there was "blood everywhere all in the bed". apparently i actually said this.

Then there was the time that i lost something and pulled the bedclothes apart looking for it. poor bloke never gets any sleep.

can't remember them when i wake up except for that horrible feeling you have.

the reoccuring one is the one where i'm being chased by a "hoodie" (i've had this dream before "hoodies" became fashionable. i can't see his face but two blokes are helping me. we are in a park and i'm climbing the climbing frame with the two guys (its a big climbing frame) and the man in the hood is climbing up after us, but then the dream turns around and i realise its the two men who are after me and the one in the hood is trying to save me, then the climbing frame breaks (its wood, you might know) and i fall through and wake up (before i hit the floor thank god). i've had this one loads of times.

and this one... in fact, its apparently very common and its classed as a night terror (not a nightmare) and is occurs just after you fall asleep (nightmares occur just before you wake up) (getting technical now aren't we)....

.... i dream my toes are getting bigger and i wake up feeling really claustrophobic, i have to put the light on and do something because if i close my eyes the feeling of being squashed comes back.

zoeCU said:
I used to have this really weird dreams all the time. Im sleeping but i can see myself sleeping and i feel awake. I want to open my eyes but i cant and i feel as though i am falling deeper deeper and i cant move or shout. it used to freak me out and when i finally opened my eyes i had to make myself stay awake for a few minutes or i would just fall back into it.

Apparently, if you're dreaming and you can see yourself sleeping, you're having an outer body experience! :Scared:
Im going to buy a dream book for xmas now!
Ive had the teeth dream too!
I have some really weird ones too. I cant remember many but thers one i cant get out of my head. id just been to a dance class with a girl from work and our lift didnt turn up. so this guy said you can get a lift from that house there, so we went down this street and it was reeeeally scary. we had to go into a basement but it was daylight and we ended up in a factory yard. then this guy comes up behind me and stabs me in the stomach! :Scared: i saw it all it was so scary.

zoeCU said:
I used to have this really weird dreams all the time. Im sleeping but i can see myself sleeping and i feel awake. I want to open my eyes but i cant and i feel as though i am falling deeper deeper and i cant move or shout. it used to freak me out and when i finally opened my eyes i had to make myself stay awake for a few minutes or i would just fall back into it.

This is a really common dream. i saw it on a programme about people that dream. there is another one that's really common, the people dream they are lying in bed and they can't move and a victorian lady comes in and kneels on their chest and tries to strangle them. they wake up feeling like they can't breath. apparently the "dream people" did a world wide survey and both of these are really common.

My toe one is common too.

by the way, the conclusion of the programme i saw was that dreams were just the brain's way of trying to filter out crap information we have received all day and we dream all the time, each dream lasts no longer than 4 mins and, if we do remember them, we only remember the last one before we wake up.

i don't really think there's a hidden meaning, except that if its a bad dream your probably stressed out over something.

I had a series of awful recurring dreams involving plane crashes.....unnerved me sooooo much that I couldn't look into the sky when I heard a passing aeroplane at one point cus I feared my dream would come true! :o
They were so vivid too....sometimes I was really close to the crash..rushing around......helping victims etc...sometimes I was far away...horizon type of thing....and saw the plane plummeting!......I was so nonchalant in the dreams...like "oh here we go again...another crash! tut!".....the ones on the horizon werent so bad...it was like I was too far away to be involved....but involved all the same! (anyone gotta couch I could lie down for therapy here!??...lol)
They were so horrible!
My sister says she suspects my business will crash down around my ears!....how my I LUUUURVE my sister! lol!

tooth dreams - i dont have them
BUT i do have really weird dreams............how about this one

I WAS BREASTFEEDING A MOUSE (i mean, come on - of all things...............a mouse)

i told me mate about it and yes you guessed it...................she laffed at me and told me i was weird................................................I NOT

geeg said:
Someone once told me having this dream was a sign of sexual frustration?? :eek: I mean ... who is the genius who comes up with this stuff!!! :Grope:

That explains it then!! I should have dentures by know the amount of times Ive lost mine in my dream. Mine just slide off the gum which is very odd as my gums are not how they should be in the dream. Perhaps I just need some oats then:biggrin: LOL

Take care xx

I'm known for having the most bizarre dreams!! I always seem to have the same 4 themed dreams

1) I dream I'm pregnant

2) I dream of alien invasions and they are coming after me, I'm petrified of aliens, I can't even watch ET! I reckon I was abducted as a child lol

3) I dream I am flying away from something.

As a child I would have the same nightmare every night, we used to have an allotment at behind our old house, and I always dreamt that monsters and aliens would come through it and through into our garden, then I'd have to bolt all the doors and fly out of my bedroom window to safety, then I'd always wake up!

and 4) I dream my partner cheats on me, or leaves me for another women. :confused:

Told yah i'm a freak ;)

Oh I've also been told that the reason we jolt-wake from sleep is because we are about to die, and our brain wakes us up a few seconds before our body gives up. That freaked the crap out of me! Duno how true it is though!!

LayStar said:
Oh I've also been told that the reason we jolt-wake from sleep is because we are about to die, and our brain wakes us up a few seconds before our body gives up. That freaked the crap out of me! Duno how true it is though!!

This sounds familiar. i've heard that 4.am is the time most people call the "dead of night" and the saying comes because 4.am is the most likely you are to die as this is when the body is in its deepest sleep. i'm sure i've heard that if your blood pressure drops, the brain wakes you up which is why you jolt (and dream you've just fallen).

also, have you ever dreamt a noise has been going on in your dream and then when you wake you can hear it, and you think, that's weird, i've just been dreaming about that for 10 mins. This is because you only remember the very last part of the dream (about the last 30 secs), and your brain can hear the noise and is waking you up and as it filters the information it becomes part of the dream. but once your awake what seems like an hour's dream is actually only about the last 30 seconds.

Interesting!!

My friend is studying pyschology at college and has just told me this

"You go through different stages of sleep..once you get to a certain stage your brain tells your body to shut down and no matter what you dream as long as your in that then you cant move or anything no matter how much you want to in your dream,...eg run or scream...and you only remember dreams if you wake up during one....er...oh and you just wake up cos youre not tired not cos youre dying..lol"

Freaky!

I have the teeth one all the time too, i dont think it can mean anything if everyone has it. Maybe we are all just paranoid about our teeth! i tend to find I dream about things which i have been chewed up about during the day.

I have 2 recurrent dreams one is that I am in this strange place, sometimes it is shops and others it is hotels and I am lost, the getting lost bit is always the same but the surrounding can change regularly. I also dream that I can fly....I spoke to someone recently who also has this flying dream and said people think he is weird, so he was so glad when I said that I too dream this one. It is such a nice dream, as I just seem to be able to levitate above everything and can float around where ever I want. I can gather speed or just fly slowly.....OK.... I am weird!!!!:o :o

LayStar said:
......er...oh and you just wake up cos youre not tired not cos youre dying..lol"

Freaky!

spoil sport, i was having fun freaking the geeks LOL.

Toni Talons said:
spoil sport, i was having fun freaking the geeks LOL.

for the record toni, it freaked me a bit lol!!!!

I had a strange one the night before last.

I was in a room with two people and suddenly all these cockroaches were coming towards me but they were big with huge eyes and wings and had fangs.

Someone told me the only way to kill them was to suck them up through the hoover...which I started to do.

They wouldn't suck up. The other person who was there said that she didn't suck them up because she couldn't stand the noise they make when you try and get rid of them.

After what she said the cockroaches started screeching...a high pitched screeching sound (horrible). They wouldn't suck up so I gave up.

That was when i woke myself up and absolutely s**t myself thinking there were bugs in my bed!

Last night I dreamt my fella kept getting out of bed with me to get in bed with another girl in the bedroom next door and then came back again. This repeated about 12 times!

talking of hearing noises in your dreams and waking up to them... i had a really bad dream that involved blood, gore and carving knifes and lots of screaming. i woke up in a hot sweat to find my fella (now my ex!) watching candy man! (and the hot sweat was nothing to do with him believe me!)

Latest posts

Back