Wella professionals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't find it fades. I refresh mine every 3 times or so too. I think it all depends on how you use the range. Wella has refreshing techniques to help it last longer when it's refreshed. Anti fade colour bath, koleston rinse, the usual comb through for just tone and then hase color touch Colorfresh and perfecton to refresh too.
Like any range I think it depends on how you use it.

So you do koleston on roots, refresh the ends with colour touch then do a anti fade bath vs using a quality couloir house? ;)

So you do koleston on roots, refresh the ends with colour touch then do a anti fade bath vs using a quality couloir house? ;)

Wella is quality ;-) like the other too. It's all personal preference and education as to what you get out of each colour house.
I would do koleston roots and depending IF it needed refreshing I would opt for a koleston rinse before anythin else.

It's like tigi if u gave someone their colours without the correct training and information they would get as good results with it as you would. Same with wella and l'oreal.

Like I said I'm not adverse to change and would love more of a play with tigi and other ranges. But I can't c my company changing any time soon so will have to experiment in my own time

I don't find it fades. I refresh mine every 3 times or so too. I think it all depends on how you use the range. Wella has refreshing techniques to help it last longer when it's refreshed. Anti fade colour bath, koleston rinse, the usual comb through for just tone and then hase color touch Colorfresh and perfecton to refresh too.
Like any range I think it depends on how you use it.

See I mean you lose no colour depth or tone, so no need to do colour bath, comb through etc, roots only, nothing else. I never used whatever I used on the root on the ends, always colour touch to help last longer and nicer on the hair, buuuut was always having to do it, def every other time, my old boss loved the range, I wasn't a fan, and looooved colour sync in matrix when that came out for quasi holds :)

I went on the courses and stuff and learn quick, but always found if a customer was blonde wanting darker but chances are they would go lighter again, I'd use wella knowing it would fade light enough to lift out without issues in 4 weeks no problem, if they liked go with a longer hold next time. Other than that I never used it.

See I mean you lose no colour depth or tone, so no need to do colour bath, comb through etc, roots only, nothing else. I never used whatever I used on the root on the ends, always colour touch to help last longer and nicer on the hair, buuuut was always having to do it, def every other time, my old boss loved the range, I wasn't a fan, and looooved colour sync in matrix when that came out for quasi holds :)

I went on the courses and stuff and learn quick, but always found if a customer was blonde wanting darker but chances are they would go lighter again, I'd use wella knowing it would fade light enough to lift out without issues in 4 weeks no problem, if they liked go with a longer hold next time. Other than that I never used it.

You said you would refresh every third time or so. Same as I would.
It's not necessary to have to do it every time.
And once you do an anti fade colour bath you won't need to refresh for a long time.
How would u refresh using joico?
I've never seen joico colours so can't really comment on them. I know people like their retail products alot.

You said you would refresh every third time or so. Same as I would.
It's not necessary to have to do it every time.
And once you do an anti fade colour bath you won't need to refresh for a long time.
How would u refresh using joico?
I've never seen joico colours so can't really comment on them. I know people like their retail products alot.

Ohhhh I'm following lol.

If needs refreshing with joico I just use chrome on the mid lengths to ends (quasi/Demi, whatever people call it, quasi to me, and true ammonia free no substitute as not lifting the cuticle etc) but have found each time last longer and longer, so may do a colour wash instead occasionally.

Joico is def a range that needs product knowledge to be used, when I first tried I found I struggled to get a nice warm chocolate brown (like 5/0 & 5/4 ct mix 50:50) used 5N and 5R was too cold, used 5RR instead on another and still too cold (ladies where happy but I felt something was missing) went on the course and their N's are really blue and green based so was killing any red so best warms are created with the B range instead, so its knowing your colour house and how they are best used, like you say lol.

I've never like koleston ever ever, trained with them, but the salon I was in used matrix for their permanent range and their was no contest to me between the coverage and ability etc.

Customers would be happy I always felt something was missing with wella, and too many companies have evolved now that they need to catch back up, but they have the ability to do so lol.

Ohhhh I'm following lol.

If needs refreshing with joico I just use chrome on the mid lengths to ends (quasi/Demi, whatever people call it, quasi to me, and true ammonia free no substitute as not lifting the cuticle etc) but have found each time last longer and longer, so may do a colour wash instead occasionally.

Joico is def a range that needs product knowledge to be used, when I first tried I found I struggled to get a nice warm chocolate brown (like 5/0 & 5/4 ct mix 50:50) used 5N and 5R was too cold, used 5RR instead on another and still too cold (ladies where happy but I felt something was missing) went on the course and their N's are really blue and green based so was killing any red so best warms are created with the B range instead, so its knowing your colour house and how they are best used, like you say lol.

I've never like koleston ever ever, trained with them, but the salon I was in used matrix for their permanent range and their was no contest to me between the coverage and ability etc.

Customers would be happy I always felt something was missing with wella, and too many companies have evolved now that they need to catch back up, but they have the ability to do so lol.

I like the fact that the quasi is a true no amonia product rather than a substitute. An the fact the naturals are very cool Colours rather than gold based. I think that's where illumina comes in as it's violet base an the base shades have to natural tone added at all so no risk of them going warm.

I trained with clynol and when I first started working with wella I absolutely hated it. I thought it was too warm, reds too orange and ash and gold colours too green and khaki. I stuck to about 5 colours and avoided high lifts.
But once I was trained in using it I got control of it an love it now.

Is the cost of joico good value for money?

Every line has its pros and cons. No need to compare whats better. I agree: its all how you use it. I find wella to be pleasing to my eye. I find some color lines you dont need to work too hard for coverage, but sometimes too much coverage isnt great either. Id love to eventually carry my favorites in several lines.

I like the fact that the quasi is a true no amonia product rather than a substitute. An the fact the naturals are very cool Colours rather than gold based. I think that's where illumina comes in as it's violet base an the base shades have to natural tone added at all so no risk of them going warm.

I trained with clynol and when I first started working with wella I absolutely hated it. I thought it was too warm, reds too orange and ash and gold colours too green and khaki. I stuck to about 5 colours and avoided high lifts.
But once I was trained in using it I got control of it an love it now.

Is the cost of joico good value for money?

I think so due to their hold and coverage, when my salon is established I can charge more to go with that, could now really but didnt want to alienate too many people following from mobile to my salon, I had to up my prices anyway and didnt want to do it too extreme but keep a decent profit margin etc.

Their tubes are 74 ml I think or 73ml even though they say 70 or something to allow for wastage that you can't get out of the tube.

Chrome is a smaller tube, I love their blondes, chrome seems lighter than the color (permanent side) but their colour chart reflects that so your not going in blind anyway :) they have low ammonia in their color range (lowest ammonia possible) even their highlift has 2.something % max, their age defy (grey range) I wasn't convinced with to begin with but once I learnt the best mixes etc and true base tones etc and the hair always feels amazing, they have the quadramine complex in everything, colours, prods etc and its amazing, I love them for the healthy hair, true colours, I'm head over heals, haha. Told blue I am intrigued by tigi though (now refined) not their backwash though lol.

I think so due to their hold and coverage, when my salon is established I can charge more to go with that, could now really but didnt want to alienate too many people following from mobile to my salon, I had to up my prices anyway and didnt want to do it too extreme but keep a decent profit margin etc.

Their tubes are 74 ml I think or 73ml even though they say 70 or something to allow for wastage that you can't get out of the tube.

Chrome is a smaller tube, I love their blondes, chrome seems lighter than the color (permanent side) but their colour chart reflects that so your not going in blind anyway :) they have low ammonia in their color range (lowest ammonia possible) even their highlift has 2.something % max, their age defy (grey range) I wasn't convinced with to begin with but once I learnt the best mixes etc and true base tones etc and the hair always feels amazing, they have the quadramine complex in everything, colours, prods etc and its amazing, I love them for the healthy hair, true colours, I'm head over heals, haha. Told blue I am intrigued by tigi though (now refined) not their backwash though lol.

It sounds like a good solid range and hope u get more established ASAP because you deserve to be getting paid what your worth. I'm not a fan of tigi backwash and have just got rid of their catwalk range. Kept about 5 of their products and integrated it into bed head.

Every line has its pros and cons. No need to compare whats better. I agree: its all how you use it. I find wella to be pleasing to my eye. I find some color lines you dont need to work too hard for coverage, but sometimes too much coverage isnt great either. Id love to eventually carry my favorites in several lines.

Not comparing, discussing :) but I agree, it's how you use it, I had my faves and still do, I like their toners (some) and a weak mix of 7.1 but needs watching is amazing, but only under strict watchful eye, for the ash to take before it drops khaki, 9/01 is creamy so like that too, and like 5/0 & 5/4 mix for chocolate brown but not anything really past that lol

Yeah...it's a cobweb covered range that's behind times but people use it because there scared of change

Im not scared of change id love to try tigi after seeing afew pictures on here but as far as im aware its only available in salon?
Wella is quite new to me. I trained with loreal, in salon we switched to joico and i was never overly impressed with their full range (3years ago)
When i went mobile i went back to loreal but found it crap for covering grey.
Really like wella so far but could do with a training course to understand all the different ranges x

Im not scared of change id love to try tigi after seeing afew pictures on here but as far as im aware its only available in salon?
Wella is quite new to me. I trained with loreal, in salon we switched to joico and i was never overly impressed with their full range (3years ago)
When i went mobile i went back to loreal but found it crap for covering grey.
Really like wella so far but could do with a training course to understand all the different ranges x

If you didn't do joicos colour and prod knowledge course you wouldn't be impressed they work like no range I have ever tried and I think tigi are the same, matrix is fool proof, in my eyes, but sadly seem to be slacking lately.

I've always said people work different, attract a certain customer tying I with their personality and vision, so you colour house you chose will pick you customers and match you anyway, pick a range you like and be the best at it is my moto xx

Exactly right, People have tried Tigi and hated it because they didn't know how to mix properly which DOES make alot of difference, even formulating you need to understand it properly

If you didn't do joicos colour and prod knowledge course you wouldn't be impressed they work like no range I have ever tried and I think tigi are the same, matrix is fool proof, in my eyes, but sadly seem to be slacking lately.

I've always said people work different, attract a certain customer tying I with their personality and vision, so you colour house you chose will pick you customers and match you anyway, pick a range you like and be the best at it is my moto xx

We did all the training, dont get me wrong I liked some of them but was a hard transition especially not long after I qualified x

I need a some help getting a bright colbalt type blue using wella...they have the special mix intense blue but any other suggestions??:confused:

I need a some help getting a bright colbalt type blue using wella...they have the special mix intense blue but any other suggestions??:confused:
I have answered to another thread on here , take a look , there are a couple of formulas for you ;-) x

Hi

I'm darkening a full head 10/3 to 6/75, was plannin g to pre-pig with 6/34 and water. What do you think?

Dee

Hi

I'm darkening a full head 10/3 to 6/75, was plannin g to pre-pig with 6/34 and water. What do you think?

Dee

Won't b warm enough. Use 0/43 to pre pig instead.

Hi, I have just recently started using wella for my home clients out of the salon, and I absolutely love the colours!
I'm still trying to get to grips with it, and I was wondering if you could help me with the special mixes please. I do not have a shade chart with me. How many grams of special mix can I use per 30g? And would this measurement be to intensify? should I use less than recommended to neutralise?
Thanks

I've been in a salon using wella for about 5 weeks now, and being trained using Goldwell I've found wella color kind of boring. Are there any hints/tips you can give me, (ratios) ANYTHING that I can do to spark some interest? I have tried mixing to get pretty deep purples and it just goes black looking? What am I doing wrong?!! Help please!!

Latest posts

Back