Wella thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me with black boxed dye at 16.
FB_IMG_1430779708721.jpg

Cams 97
You know your stuff, im loving the illumina been using 9/60 10/1 together equal parts lovely colour!

I plead guilty

Cam....
When would you choose to use illumina over kp?
My little salon I worked at only used kp and colour touch. So now I'm mobile I'm wanting to expand my knowledge of the colour range....

Thanks x

Only time i use kp is if i'm covering resistant white or i want a deep rich colour. Illumina is much more natural and has perfect neutralisation so i usually use it when lifting. But sometimes i'll use kp to lift, depends what shade i need.

Only time i use kp is if i'm covering resistant white or i want a deep rich colour. Illumina is much more natural and has perfect neutralisation so i usually use it when lifting. But sometimes i'll use kp to lift, depends what shade i need.

Thankyou.
I've not used illumina before and wanting to experiment with it as I've heard you & others rave about it.
And you just use the normal wella peroxides?

Thankyou.
I've not used illumina before and wanting to experiment with it as I've heard you & others rave about it.
And you just use the normal wella peroxides?

Yep just the welloxon developers!

In the US lit. It says you can use color touch emulsion as well, but I've never tried it.

In the US lit. It says you can use color touch emulsion as well, but I've never tried it.

Yeah you can here too but you're less likely too cause we've got pastel. They say you can use 1.9% because in some countries they don't have pastel so thats the closest thing to it. You can use 4% for deeper results on virgin hair too

Yeah you can here too but you're less likely too cause we've got pastel. They say you can use 1.9% because in some countries they don't have pastel so thats the closest thing to it. You can use 4% for deeper results on virgin hair too

That's what i want to try. The 4%.

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you have used Wella sunlight's in highlights before.I have a client which is a natural base 6 all over and wants to start colouring her hair again but, only wants to be a few shades lighter & she doesn't want any bleach on her hair a more natural look. I was thinking of maybe using that,as she wants a more natural ombre look.What are your thoughts please?

Chen, the Sunlights would be amazing in subtle highlights. It'll give two levels of lift and using it in foils will give it a bit more oomph! Please post your results

Thanks for the advice Sugarplumfaery,much appreciated!Not sure if I should only stick to the sunlights or incorporate in a separate foil of Koleston h/light tint & have a combination of the two?Which colours are your favourite of the sunlights as I have never used it before?

How do I start a topic? Help! Need to ask questions

I'm just following [emoji173]️ Wella

/36, /18... To be honest, they're all beautiful. On deeper bases like a 5 probably a /8. I'm away right now so not near my colourchart!

Thanks Sugarplumfaery.

Latest posts

Back