Wella thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So. I'm thinking of moving across to Wella.

I've just emailed them to get a rep to come to me and explain things. But I just wanted to ask a few questions.

Could I use Illumina as a Demi? I read something about using it with pastel or colour touch emulsion?

Argh. And I cant remember my other question

When I remember is ill post again.

Yay!

You can't so much use Illumina as a demi, you can use it with pastel and ct emulsion for toning, glossing and darkening however the pH isn't changed nor is the ammonia content.

Yay!

You can't so much use Illumina as a demi, you can use it with pastel and ct emulsion for toning, glossing and darkening however the pH isn't changed nor is the ammonia content.

I'd like it to be cheaper

But I quite like that there's fewer colours so i could be more creative in making colours.

I'd like it to be cheaper

But I quite like that there's fewer colours so i could be more creative in making colours.

Its a premium colour like so you need to add 20% onto the final price.

Just moved to a salon that uses Wella and I'm trying to brush up on my colour knowledge.

Thanks you to everyone for this great thread, especially @cams97!

Could someone explain to me what the double /00 means in the KP range? I know that the double bases (66/0, etc) are to cover resistant hair but I'm a little confused about the double neutrals.

Just moved to a salon that uses Wella and I'm trying to brush up on my colour knowledge.

Thanks you to everyone for this great thread, especially @cams97!

Could someone explain to me what the double /00 means in the KP range? I know that the double bases (66/0, etc) are to cover resistant hair but I'm a little confused about the double neutrals.

Double naturals can be used in place of double base when you require another shade to be mixed in!

They're also double natural, not neutral. Natural is warmth so they're like double the natural warmth.

Thank you for clarifying @cams79!

Could you please give me an example of when you would use a double natural?

Thanks [emoji2]

Thank you for clarifying @cams79!

Could you please give me an example of when you would use a double natural?

Thanks [emoji2]

Client with resistant white, target shade is 8/96. You use 8/00 mixed with 8/96.

Thank you so much!

Also, I know that the double bases aren't compatible with any other shades apart from special mix.

Would you only use a double natural shade + target shade if the tone from your target shade isn't available in special mix?

Thank you so much!

Also, I know that the double bases aren't compatible with any other shades apart from special mix.

Would you only use a double natural shade + target shade if the tone from your target shade isn't available in special mix?

Yep! Thats exactly why i used 8/96 as an example because you can't make that with special mix.

Yay!!! Thanks again! That was really wrecking my head for the past two weeks. I'm loving working with a new colour line, although it can be a little frustrating to begin with. I knew L'Oreal's colour line inside out. I'll get there eventually with Wella [emoji106]

@cams97 you should work for wella! I bet you know more than some of the reps do!

Hello everyone.

I am also reading this post to refresh my knowledge and it's wonderful! I have been off having children so need a little help still. We trained in gold well at college but I want to work with wella.

My friend has 2 inche roots of natural base 5 and the rest is base 5 colour to get back to her natural colour through winter. Now she would like something like the picture but would also like 2 different shades going through. So...would you balayage, bleach and tone, then a highlight tint for second colour or would you use bleach on all of the balayage. What I guess is confusing me is how to tone two different colours without effecting each other.

I hope this makes sense.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455832387.628047.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455832406.128498.jpg

@cams97 will be able to help you :) knows his stuff

What is /89 in wella please? I found a tube of 12/89 earlier but don't know what the numbers are o_O

Pearl cendre so blue violet I used to use this on my friend looked lovely x

Latest posts

Back