Wella thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about starting with wella but am stuck between that and Scwartzkof

Is welloxon the proper developer to go with blondor?

If your in the uk! Its called koleston perfect in the us!

Took me an age to realize that!

If your in the uk! Its called koleston perfect in the us!

Took me an age to realize that!

I'll never understand why wella have to confuse people like that!

Hello geeks! I'd like some advice...using this forum to teach myself wella!

I have a client who is naturally a base 5. I last coloured her with a base 4. ( can't remember off the top of my head which exact colour) she has since been on holiday and it has faded to a 5. She has come back and would like her hair to be like the attached photo.

I was going to do full head bleach highlights..Could someone please recommend what Wella toner to use? OR would anyone recommend using a wella highlift?
I am yet to tone with Wella or use a Wella highlift...

Thanks in advance
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448125248.502698.jpg

X

Hello geeks! I'd like some advice...using this forum to teach myself wella!

I have a client who is naturally a base 5. I last coloured her with a base 4. ( can't remember off the top of my head which exact colour) she has since been on holiday and it has faded to a 5. She has come back and would like her hair to be like the attached photo.

I was going to do full head bleach highlights..Could someone please recommend what Wella toner to use? OR would anyone recommend using a wella highlift?
I am yet to tone with Wella or use a Wella highlift...

Thanks in advance View attachment 192304

X

Tint dosent lift tint & that's not foils, it's dark on top

Sorry, The picture I attached is to show the lighter colour that she's likes. She wants it run through all over ,she doesn't want it to be slightly darker at the top.

Also I trained in aveda , you were able to use their highlift tints to lift the colour slightly, that's why I asked if the same would apply to Wella.

Thanks

You can do it, but with a starting level of 5 and wella highlift, you won't get a nice blonde. There are single step products you could use, Magma is one.

You can do it, but with a starting level of 5 and wella highlift, you won't get a nice blonde. There are single step products you could use, Magma is one.

Thank you... I will have a look in to it [emoji5]️

You can lift tint with 10/0 and 12%. It will give you two to three shades lift depending on the starting base [emoji6]

You can lift tint with 10/0 and 12%. It will give you two to three shades lift depending on the starting base [emoji6]

10/ in illumina is nicer to use[emoji12]

Wella Geeks - as your go to standard range of colour would you buy in Innosense over KP due to being PPD/PTD free? appreciate not as many shades as KP but keen to hear what this range is like in practice day to day.

Used Illumina last week and really liked it.

Wella Geeks - as your go to standard range of colour would you buy in Innosense over KP due to being PPD/PTD free? appreciate not as many shades as KP but keen to hear what this range is like in practice day to day.

Used Illumina last week and really liked it.

As a standard KP, innosense is more expensive and not everyone needs it, the shades they do have are lovely though. I use illumina more than KP though tbh.

As a standard KP, innosense is more expensive and not everyone needs it, the shades they do have are lovely though. I use illumina more than KP though tbh.

But being PPD/PTD free this would be much better for clients? Do you ever use it? I am more attracted to this over KP as a good selling point, client comfort, less reaction etc. Does this range have mix tones?

Yes I have to say I really liked using Illumina and planning to use more. Am opening a Wella account and will start to get a few things in.

But being PPD/PTD free this would be much better for clients? Do you ever use it? I am more attracted to this over KP as a good selling point, client comfort, less reaction etc. Does this range have mix tones?

Yes I have to say I really liked using Illumina and planning to use more. Am opening a Wella account and will start to get a few things in.

I suppose it would have benefits due to the absence of PPD/PTD but there is still chance of reaction. It does have mix tones yes! I don't think it has double bases though which is annoying when you're working on resistant bases. It also doesn't have the special blonde range.

I don't use innosense regularly and don't use it because the client has a reaction to kp i use it when i want to use a certain shade they have in innosense.

I'd use illumina over kp any day!

What about Wella Styling products @cams97 what would you suggest trying if you use them? Your're like go to products?

I used perfect setting or sugar lift (cant remember which) on a sholder length bob and found it a bit tacky. Keen to try more though.

What about Wella Styling products @cams97 what would you suggest trying if you use them? Your're like go to products?

I used perfect setting or sugar lift (cant remember which) on a sholder length bob and found it a bit tacky. Keen to try more though.

Sugar lift is actually one of my go tos!

I really like velvet amplifier too and everything in the SP luxe oil range!

I wish they'd release mix tones for illumina or at least add some /2 shades. The chart for illumina says /1 is blue green, and I do get a descent amount of red orange neutralization with illumina, but still...

So. I'm thinking of moving across to Wella.

I've just emailed them to get a rep to come to me and explain things. But I just wanted to ask a few questions.

Could I use Illumina as a Demi? I read something about using it with pastel or colour touch emulsion?

Argh. And I cant remember my other question

When I remember is ill post again.

Latest posts

Back