What a rubbish day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal colleen

Reaction score
Hey geeks,I've had a not so good day today.As some of you know I work in a cafe and do nails after work and today in the cafe I was boiling eggs took them off the hob and put them on the side and forgot to turn the hob off one of those old fashioned iron rings.

About half hour later I put my hand straight on it and burned my hand quite badly it stuck to it the palm of my hand and fingers.I went to hospital and had to run it under water for an hour and Omg the pain is excruciating it really is awful.I've had it dressed and been given strong pain killers.I've got to go back Tuesday to have blisters popped and redressed.They said it's pretty nasty is burned through all layers and it's gone White :(.

On a funnier note a lad came into the cafe and said jeezus Colleen what food are you burning which made me giggle because it was obviously my hand lol.

I'm gutted I can't work I love my jobs I'm really quite upset :(.x

Hey geeks,I've had a not so good day today.As some of you know I work in a cafe and do nails after work and today in the cafe I was boiling eggs took them off the hob and put them on the side and forgot to turn the hob off one of those old fashioned iron rings.

About half hour later I put my hand straight on it and burned my hand quite badly it stuck to it the palm of my hand and fingers.I went to hospital and had to run it under water for an hour and Omg the pain is excruciating it really is awful.I've had it dressed and been given strong pain killers.I've got to go back Tuesday to have blisters popped and redressed.They said it's pretty nasty is burned through all layers and it's gone White :(.

On a funnier note a lad came into the cafe and said jeezus Colleen what food are you burning which made me giggle because it was obviously my hand lol.

Sorry to hear about this, burns are soo painful so Im sure your clients will understand it will be too hard for you to work, maybe take this time to do some paperwork or think up new marketing ideas :)

Aw Colleen that's awful! Wish I could take your pain away but sadly I can't. Big hug xx

God bless you burns are the worst! May I suggest copious amounts of Aloe Vera gel! Forever Living Products is the best one, they use it at Great Ormond St. hospital for burns...so handy to have especially if you have little ones too! It cures everything, I love the stuff.

Reminds me of a time when I was a kid my nan had just turned off the hob & like an idiot I touched the ring in the middle and god I soon knew about it! Probably wasn't 1/100 as bad as yours but oh my god :( get well soon x

Such a shame you don't live closer I could have treated and healed your hand with my CACI machine.. they are used in hospital for burn patients. .. Get well soon. X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh Colleen!!!! Sounds awful. Sending lov and get well soon xx

Poor baby! xx If it makes you feel any better, I burnt my left butt cheek on my hair straightener yesterday. I left it on the floor to look for something, came back, tripped and landed right on it. I wonder if solar oil will work. I read they use it on burn victims...

Poor babe .. I remember as a child, my grandmother doing the exact same thing. When it is undressed use Solar Oil every day on it. You poor love ... It will mend sooner than you think. Lots of love. X

How awful. Hope it heals quickly & the pain lessens quickly too. Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Ouch ouch ouch. Really nasty. So sorry to hear about your hand. Sending you love & light and wishing you a very speedy recovery.

Pauline x

Oh, CC, the pain and shock must have been horrible.
I hope it heals well and quickly.
Love and hugs xx

Owwww!! That's awful. It must be so painful. I hope it heals quickly for you. :hug:

You poor thing sending lots of love hope it gets better quickly xx

Thank you everyone.I'm going back to the hospital tomorrow for them to do the blisters :eek:.It stings like mad and it's my writing hand so I can't do anything which is really getting to me and I really need to wash my hair and paint my toes.

Thank you for all your kind words xxxx

Thank you everyone.I'm going back to the hospital tomorrow for them to do the blisters :eek:.It stings like mad and it's my writing hand so I can't do anything which is really getting to me and I really need to wash my hair and paint my toes.

Thank you for all your kind words xxxx

Oh my god! You poor bunny! I really feel for you :( really hope you're okay xxxx

Aww no. Hope you feel better soon. sounds nasty. x

Have your OH drop you off. I'll do your toes. haha xx

Oh no :( That has got to be painful, sending speedy healing vibes your way ~~~~

Latest posts

Back