What a week!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope

Reaction score
Firstly I want to say how great it is to be back, catching up with all the threads I have missed.

As some of you may remember I had my coccyx removed about 6 weeks ago, and although very uncomfortable I was well on the road to recovery, until 2 weeks ago. I started to feel a little off colour and my scar started to feel a little sore. Within a couple of days I was in agony and had to go back to the hospital. I was told I had a infection and sent home with a prescription for some antibiotics, 4 hours later my scar split open and blood was gushing out!! I went to A&E and they asked me to sit and wait for the triage nurse (I ask you, SIT!!! what were they thinking of!!) I was admitted to a ward on the monday morning and told that I need to go back to theatre and have the wound cleaned etc. The next day at 4.30pm they told me unfortunately they wouldn't be able to fit me in today and that I had been put on wednesdays list. So wednesday I had to be nil by mouth again and at just after 4.30 a doctor arrived at my bed to tell me that he was very sorry but that they had forgotten to put me on the list so I would have to wait until tomorrow!! By the thursday having been bed bound since the monday and my wound still bleeding heavily and on a drip as I couldn't eat I finally went down to have the op. When I came round I was told that they had had to leave the area open as I had had an infection, and a blood clot and it would need to be operated on again in 48 hours. I have never felt so ill in my life. I am home again now and I am having to take things easy, I have been told that there is a good chance that the infection might return :eek: so I will have to be on my guard for any symptoms.

So the moral to my story would be in any of you have an op and you think that your scar starts to feel a bit funny, don't think 'oh it will be fine' get to the doctors and get it checked over. I wish to god I had.

You poor thing.....my sympathy:hug: ....

I cannot even begin to imagine how you must have been feeling hun, lets hope you keep on the right road to recovery and any slight hint of infection, you get on the phone to the hospital straight away so they can get you sorted.

:hug: GET WELL SOON :hug:

Mandy XX

Oh Rachel I am sorry to hear all that you have been through. I am glad to hear that you are a bit better now and hope that it all clears up for you. It must be hard trying to take it easy with 4 children in the house I hope you are managing to get plenty of help. Let us know how you are progressing:hug:

What an absolute nightmare for you...I hope you are feeling better soon and the infection does not return xxx

Rachel that's horrendous. Speedy recovery and geeky :hug: xxx

Rachal, that is the absolute worst!! Get well soon:hug: xxx

Hope you're feeling lots better soon :hug:

What a nightmare. Hope you feel a bit better:hug:

Thank you all for your Get Well Wishes xx

Glad your finally on the mend!

Blooming hell, Rachel!
Sounds like youve been through the ringer a bit.
Hope you have a speedy recovery with no infections this time! :hug:

Aww hunnie you have been through a bad time. I hope your feeling better soon. At least you hav lots of things to catch up with on here:hug:

Latest posts

Back