What acrylic Brush does eveyone prefer to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shezybabes

Reaction score
Hi all

Thought I would start a thread to see what the most popular size of acrylic brush everyone likes to use. Me personally am using a number 8 kolinsky sable. Is using a larger or smaller easier, and when would you use a larger or smaller one?

EZ Flow 508, best brush I have owned. I have never used a small brush always a size 8 for acrylic and so not best placed to answer your second question.

Sam

Same here I use the 508 it's an amazing brush! I've only used a size 8 or a 10 - although I couldn't get on with a 10! Felt ridiculously big I had no control over it lol :)

my 508 is useless, i have had many brushes in my time, but the 508 is sitting there never used, cos it won't go into a nice point for me.

i tried to train it, but it wont go. think i got a dud:sad:

Definitely the EzFlow 508, I found it soo much easier to use than any of the CND ones I had tried in the past :)

EzFlow 508 - amazing brush and lovely to use!

I use the CND Ultra Sculptor .. I call it the 'big girl's brush' :D .. Because it IS a big brush.

To be perfectly honest, I can use any brush at all as long as long as it is halfway decently made .. there is no such thing as a magic brush that will suddenly make your work perfect if it is not already!

But I love the Ultra Sculptor because:

1. It IS big (which makes for ultra smooth surface) which means next to no filing when you are finished.

2. It has long soft flags which means you can have an soft light touch with it or a firm pressure depending what you need.

3. Even though big, you can make teeny tiny beads with this brush if required.

4. It has an super fine point or can be used flat (unlike most round brushes).

5. It is very easy to control the amount of liquid in the brush for perfect mix ratio.

It doesn't help me as an artist just to know that someone likes something ... I need to know why they like it (see reasons above).

Hello everyone,

Definitely EzFlow 508.. Its an extra-ordinary brush..!! I just loved using it.. and even i suggest everybody to try it once..!!

Round kolinsky no 8 from nsi

Im using the Ezflow 508 brush at the moment also, only because i killed my CND Ultra Sculpor. They are both really good brushes. I prefere the 508 for my smiles but prefere the Ultra sculptor for the pinks because it has really long flags and designed to give a really smooth surface. I've been using my Ezlow 508 for about 3 weeks now and still trying to get used to it for the pinks, some days it will give me a bumpy surface, other days i can get it right and manage to smooth my pink over before it sets. Just takes practice.

I use ONYX's Sable Five Oval for my smiles :) & Nylon Six Squared for my gels. MY favorite use to be EZ Flow 508 before I found ONYX.

I use a #6 flat or a #8 flat. Which is so different than what everyone on here uses but this is what I started with and I have triedx ovals and I prefer my flats.

Like Geeg I feel like I can do pretty well with any good quality brush because as long as my ratio is good Im good to go.

OMG,,where do I start lol think I have tried em all,,,and after all the experimenting have gone back to my cnd#8,,,,fab brush,,,but also love my nis royal precision,,sparkly brush,,,they are both my magic wands, lol it took time but in the end I know they are the best brush for me xx

I use CND's Master Series ProStyler #8.

Yes, I know it's a bit dated but the thing won't die.
Which is one of the reasons why I like it.

Another reason is that it picks up beautifully and maintains the ratio allowing perfect product placement :)eek: don't say those last three words quickly!). I'd love to say that I control the ratio but, to be honest, I don't think I do. The brush does.

Or maybe the brush is possessed... I digress.

The fine tip allows for delicate work and a light pressing converts it to a square edge for flat work. The snap in the bristle is lovely - it just springs back and has never gotten any kinks in it in all the time I've had it.

I never have to wipe this brush nor pamper it in any way. I simply follow the basic maintenance rules and it just lasts.

Which is more I can say for other brushes I've had in the past.

But look, there are loads of brushes out there that are worth trying and of course no one brush will make you a master but half the fun of obtaining a brush is finding out what you prefer to use as well as knowing why.

Latest posts

Back