What car for mobile therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mez

Reaction score
hi, i have recently set up as a mobile beauty therapist. i only have a little peogeut 106 and am looking for a new car and was wondering what other mobile therapists have and what you'd recommend. do you find the car you have suitable. also do you put all your car bills (tax, MOt, insurance ect) through as business expenses? advise would be apprieciated

I've got a Toyota Aygo. it's great on fuel, costs £35 to tax and insurance is cheap.(sound like a car salesman:lol:) Don't put it down as a business vehicle at mo.

I bought myself a rav 4 because my couch just slides in the back rather than putting it in a boot, it was killing my back getting it in and out, i needed a massage myself afterwards :)

Plus i am getting a wheel advertisment done for the back of it which i want wait for.

Ive got a BMW convertible. It's a bit of a pain cause it has no doors at the back but I make do because I'm in love with it xxx

Seat Leon for me, I put the seats down at the back to fit the couch in. I also get a lot of compliments on my car. I also need to pay for it now! xx:lol:

Never a good idea to look to flush / flash in front of clients. you know what they think.

Su x

Never a good idea to look to flush / flash in front of clients. you know what they think.

Su x

What, that you are a professional, busy, popular, in demand therapist who must be excellent as she is doing so well???

i have a 206, my couch fits fine in the back seats

but i want a tigra converable!!

I've just traded my Corsa in as it was a little bit too small and not as tidy as I would have liked. I got myself a Renault Megane which is nice and spacious and as its new its very clean and tidy. I think a car can say a lot about a person, i know for a fact that if I had a mobile therapist visit me in a nicer car then I would look at them as very succesful.

Hope that doesn't sound too shallow, its not meant to offend anybody

xxxx

Su x

I don't get you? Why is it not a good idea?
My clients think I am doing well from the car I have. They all comment on how nice it is And I certainly wouldn't buy an old banger just to satisfy my clients :eek:
x

:cry: Wish i had a car im getting jealous of all your nice card :lol:

When i do pass my test im hoping to get Peugeot 206cc

:cry: Wish i had a car im getting jealous of all your nice card :lol:

When i do pass my test im hoping to get Peugeot 206cc

You will do soon chick :) good things come to those who wait! xxx

Well, I have a Mazda Bongo (google it lol) and it is too big for me really but having two Alaskan Malamutes and a caravan gives me no choice! :irked: costs me a fair bit on diesel with all the travelling about though!

Ideally I would have a small car, something like the new Ka would be nice :green: cheap insurance and tax and cheap to run! I only need to get my spray tan stuff in so not so much of a problem for me. I am working on it....

I have a Suzuki Grand Vitara and I love it! V spacious! not doing a lot of mobile work at the moment so not too bad on fuel.

I've got 207cc with my logo on the back I get loads of business from driving around - I only do "mobile" spray tanning so my equipment fits in fine, all my other treatments are preformed from my home based beauty. :)

I've got a smart car (actually we have two!) They are much bigger inside than you think:green:

I love Smart Cars....

there are a few around here with advertising all over them...( not nails or beauty though ) and they just look so fab...really noticable...

anyway I am not mobile anymore but I have....can you guess? a Mercedes ML :lol: I was so original when I named myself on here :rolleyes:

It's big so it had ample room for my bucket bag :lol::lol::lol::lol

But a lot of roads where I am can be incredibly narrow so it's not the best choice....but then it is also my vehicle to transport my brood about in so I need it big....

So in answer to your thread...eventually...

What car you look for next comes down to a few factors...

Will it be purely be for your mobile business?
How many doors you require? Do you have large equipment?
Is it fuel efficient?
The insurance group...is it in a lower bracket?
Can it be manoeuvred easily enough? ( narrow roads/driveways/awkward spaces )

Good luck....xxxxx

I have a old J reg Golf, it's not a rough looking car but I would like something newer for my business. The boot is a bit of a pain as although it's bigger than alot of newer cars, the spare wheel sticks up so making things fall over easily iykwim.

What would I REALLY like? Well, as I've just come back from a rock and roll weekender (real rock and roll, ie 1950's music YEAH CATS:green:) where there was a massive classic car cruise, I'd like either:

a 1950's Plymouth Belvedere (think the film Christine)
a 1950's Ford Zodiac or Zephyr or Consul or Popular
or a 1950's pick up truck or hotrod, you get the picture.....

Just don't know what kind of image that would give to a mobile nails/tanning/beauty business:irked: certainly not practical unfortunately, so I'll be looking for something more modern, at the moment I'm thinking PT cruiser, don't know if the boot's big enough though.

Dont forget you'll need class one business use on your car insurance too! :hug:

Latest posts

Back