What car for mobile therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yey another bongo owner..we have one of these as a weekender..its full time 4x4 so great in the snow..absolutely fantastic piece of kit..air con,press a button and the roof pops up,has a sink,cooker,double bed,DVD the whole shooting match for very little money.
Has a tow bar so the motorbikes get to go with us on the back :)

This would be an ideal vehicle for mobile therapists as classed as a van so tax is low,has a table for eating..could double up as a nail bar,if you get tired between appointments you can make yourself a cuppa and have 40 winks ready to take on the world again.
Sherrie have a look at this site Bongo Fury!...seems there's thousands of these things about :eek:

Did you know (as you have a diesel) you can actually run that thing on vegetable oil....cheaper than diesel and lubricates the engine...no pollution out of the exhaust..although there is a faint smell of frying chips coming out :eek:

Fantastic machines

Yay!! another Bongo owner lol, ours doesnt have all that though, not a pop up roof version, has the double bed but no table, kitchen etc but easily convertible into a proper camper so I'm told!

Been on Bongo Fury, got a discount on the insurance through Lifesure for mentioning the site too lol

Heard about the vegetable oil, dont you have to do something to it though? didnt think you could just pour it in? :eek:

We fitted ours with a towbar and it is a fantastic tow machine, just as good as our Landrover was! dont even know the caravan is on the back!

Heard about the vegetable oil, dont you have to do something to it though? didnt think you could just pour it in? :eek:
quote]

Nope you can just nip into Asda..get some of their big own brand bottles of veggie oil and away you go chugging off down the high street with loads people running after you thinking your the mobile fish and chippie.

Not tried it myself but those that have report good things...best to use in summer months as its a bit harder starting in cold weather with veggie oil.

We went to our first bongo meet a few weeks back...all met up in a car park out in the country ,had a good chin wag...compared vans and then went and had lunch..came back unhitched the bikes and did a tour ...good weekend out.

The best is going up to the local snow piste in the depth of winter and pass all the Shogun 4x4's who are astounded to see a white camper whizzing past them in 6 inches of snow..get there park up while all the other vehicles are slipping all over the place ..get up the mountain and do some snowboarding..back to the van for a brew and something to eat and back up the mountain.....great fun and such a versatile machine...we just love it:lol::lol::lol:

We went to our first bongo meet a few weeks back...all met up in a car park out in the country ,had a good chin wag...compared vans and then went and had lunch...

:eek: :lol: :eek: :lol: :eek: :lol: :eek: :lol: :eek:

pmsl!!!!! :green:

:eek: :lol: :eek: :lol: :eek: :lol: :eek: :lol: :eek:

pmsl!!!!! :green:

couldnt beleive it either...thought we would meet a load of cardigans but were pleasently surprised when the wine started flowing :)

I got stopped driving along the other week by a man in a bongo, wanted to know all about mine, where i'd got it, what it was called :eek:, how much i'd paid for it etc etc etc.... He LOVED his Bongo, a little too much in my opinion! :lol:

Dont you know anyone who wants one?? lmao :green: I'll do a swap for something nice and small....:green:

I got stopped driving along the other week by a man in a bongo, wanted to know all about mine, where i'd got it, what it was called :eek:, how much i'd paid for it etc etc etc.... He LOVED his Bongo, a little too much in my opinion! :lol:

I know what you mean they do tend to give their bongo's names and do you find that they wave to you when they see you...at that point I have to confess I either dive under the dash or look the other way and pretend I haven't seen them :eek:

Trade it in with the new scrappage scheme! I presume it is over 10 years old if by new you mean younger than 8! I bought mine less than a year ago from a friend when my last one died but I wish now I had known about the scrappage and had waited (of course I would have been without a car ofr a year or so but thats beside the point!) Much as I love my car the environment does not and neither does my wallet! Lx

You can only buy a brand new car with this scheme is that right?

:cry: Wish i had a car im getting jealous of all your nice card :lol:

When i do pass my test im hoping to get Peugeot 206cc

Me too, but just a normal 206, I would never be able to afford to insure the 206cc!

You can only buy a brand new car with this scheme is that right?

That's right. You have to have owned your old car for a year, and it has to be at least 10 years old. If I'm right, the scheme ends after June so if you wanna do it, best look into it sharpish!

I think there's some very good deals out there at the mo with this scheme, if I was in a better position, I'd definitely do it!:green:

An mpv type vehicle is great for mobile.Even something like a little Yaris Verso the seats all move about or can be taken out.I have a ford cmax which is the mpv version of a focus and it is ideal for business and family.

I drive a Hyundai Coupe SE

Alot of room in the boot for a sporty car so I can fit my equipment in nicely :)

Kim x

mgf convertible, bit too small though, clients always comment and say your car is lovely etc
luckily they havent seen me struggling gettin stuff in and out of it haha
id like a lexus is200 or x type jag sport :lol:
i can keep dreaming

I have a mini, and it is not very practical.

The boot is tiny. So are the back seats and it doesnt have back doors so its very hard to get stuff in the back anyway.

I still love it though i allways wanted a mini. But i wouldnt reccomend one for mobile beauty.

A comment on this post has really annoyed me! I totally disagree that we shouldn't have too nice a car because of what the clients may think!!! I have a fab cream beetle convertible and I think it gives the right impression. That I am smart, professional and take pride in things. It also would make people think I am doing well, therefore success breeds more success. I am planning to get a magnet for either side in hot pink and black and I know that it will get noticed cause my car gets noticed anyway!!! I am very interested to know why Su has her opinion and for what reasons? Can you actually back it up? Every other beauty therapist/hairdresser I know has a lovely car, maybe that is just my area but to say that we should choose our car to satisfy the clients is just pure madness!!! OK, rant over xx

A comment on this post has really annoyed me! I totally disagree that we shouldn't have too nice a car because of what the clients may think!!! I have a fab cream beetle convertible and I think it gives the right impression. That I am smart, professional and take pride in things. It also would make people think I am doing well, therefore success breeds more success. I am planning to get a magnet for either side in hot pink and black and I know that it will get noticed cause my car gets noticed anyway!!! I am very interested to know why Su has her opinion and for what reasons? Can you actually back it up? Every other beauty therapist/hairdresser I know has a lovely car, maybe that is just my area but to say that we should choose our car to satisfy the clients is just pure madness!!! OK, rant over xx

well said :) x

i drive a 53 reg fiesta
insurance is good and can fit everything in it
its a 1.4 so dont use too much petrol either i prob put in about £30 a week and i'm mobile so i'm here there and everywhere
looking for a new car now though, want a convertible but have to make sure my couch and that will fit in first lol
as for business expenses i think you can put your mileage through or something, there are some other posts on here about that that might help you x

I used to have a ford mondeo and it did actually have a giant boot but I now have Honda CRV which is a bit like the Rav4 and there is loads of space and is lovely to drive.

Mmmm mine is a starange one,,, Nissan Navara Double cab.

Latest posts

Back