What did you believe when you were little?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I wanted curly hair I had to eat the crust of the bread.
Carrots helped you see in the dark
That you has to be 17 to use the make up range 17

Leely x

I believed for some reason that I was adopted and Mum said I used to tell everyone. I wasn't adopted and my poor Mum said she was mortified!

Ooh remembered another one! My mum told me when I was 6 or 7 I told her my teacher had said monkeys don't eat the bottom end of bananas because there poison lolol she still doesn't eat that bit hahaha! X x

I was told a lot of things by my parents.

If I didn't brush my teeth, tiny bugs would grow and live between my teeth off the gunk.

If I brushed my hair at night, witches will come pull out my hair out of jealousy.

If I ran, walked, or talked too loud in the house, the ghost that lives there will get very angry we're keeping him awake during the day (when he sleeps) and come haunt us at night.

There's more but they all pretty much follow the same pattern. Scare us kids into behaving... so mean! haha

I thought when it rained it was because a reindeer had knocked over a bucket of water! I don't know why hahaha

When I was told I couldn't have pudding because I hadn't eaten all my dinner I replied with but mum my dinner bits full and my pudding bit is empty! Genuinely thought that my tummy was in sections haha

This thread just shows how much of a gullible kid I was...I still am :( lol! I believed in everything that was mentioned by others, also my Christmas presents would turn into coal if I opened them before midnight. I was scared to put my hand on my heart in case it stopped beating and I'd die?!
When I'd say I was full at meals, mum would poke my stomach for 'empty spots' and say there was more room for food.
If the McDonald's 'M' sign was yellow it meant they ran out of happy meals :( oh the list goes on!

When i was little i believed the halloween saying was

Trickle treat

So when someone said trick please
Id just stand there and giggle thinking what the hell are they going on about !

When my mum and dad would drop me and my 2 brothers off at our grand parents for new year , as all my family go to a hotel for new year!
When they said have a good time see you next year,
I used to think omg there leaving us here for a whole year!
Lol

I will admit that when my children were younger, I told them that my mobile phone was connected to the TV so I would be able to tell if they switched it on whilst we were out.

They also believed that our TV only worked from 5-6pm (childrens hour) and otherwise only played DVD's.

Lol
Oh ye , i thought there was some one in a station some were that changed the tapes when another programme started x lol x

I genuinely thought everything on the tele was broadcast live.

Up until i was 13 I thought condoms were balloons you blew up and placed inbetween one another to stop you from touching!

You know when you see the dandelion seeds floating around in the air - I genuinely thought they were fairies!

View attachment 46089

My little boy calls these wishing fairies I don't actually know where he's got this from xx think its cute he chases them where ever he see them xx

When I was very tiny I believed everything!

I was told that the tooth fairy 'didnt get to visit tonight as it was too windy & her wings would get blown off'
When really.. The 'toothfairies had had one too many and forgot to take the tooth'!

Latest posts

Back