What were you scared of when you were a child?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empress Debbie

Reaction score
Hi all! I was just having a conversation with my 11 year old daughter about when I was a kid, and I mentioned 2 particular programmes that used to scare the living day lights out of me:cry: Well it wasn't so much the programmes themselves, but the intros... The first was the theme song to 'tales of the unexpected'. As soon as the music started I would freeze and hold my hands over my ears. Till this day, I still hate that song- it's so creepy. The other was 'armchair thriller' (which some of you may not remember). I would have only been around 3 , but I can clearly remember as soon as I saw that shadow, I would scream the whole house down. I think I even peed myself once, when my mum forgot it was coming on and didnt turn the tv over quick enough :cry:

I also hated clowns and dolls (especially the porcelain ones)

What were you all scared of as a child?

I was scared of clowns and china dolls, still think china dolls are creepy and was terrified of the dark! x

My brothers used to shout water is behind u it freaked me out lol I could swim so I don't know why lol oh and earwigs they still give me the creeps my brothers told me they earwigs got in your ears and ate your brain lol xxx

I was scared of the Disney film Lady and the Tramp! The bit where the rat is in the babies nursery, my mum always had to fast forward that bit of the video!... I was a strange child!

The dark!!! Still am!!! Xx

Tales of the unexpected! ! Yes!! The daleks in dr who proper freaked me out. Thunderstorms. Although they still do scare me. I never had a fear of clowns as a child but thanks to Stephen King's IT I am now petrified of them! At the last salon I worked at there was a big promo day for tge area and we were outside giving out leaflets when along came this clown. I actually ran inside the salon & hid. My colleague nearly wet herself laughing!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

When I was really small me, mum and her friends watched nightmare on elm street. So i was always scared that when I got into the bath, the bottom would fall through (I couldnt swim that young). So for years I always touched the bottom of the bath thoroughly before getting in lol :o

My dad's ventriloquist doll Mr.parlanchin or Charlie to his close friends lol creepy little doll with ginger hair and a houndtooth suit including a matching flat cap.
y9ypaqa5.jpg

He still scares me now but not quite as much- luckily he lives at my nans house and only comes out at Christmas when everyone's drunk and wants a go of him lol

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

The film 'witches' by Roald Dahl, had nightmares for weeks after lol

Cat x

The film 'witches' by Roald Dahl, had nightmares for weeks after lol

Cat x

Me too!! When they rip there faces off - definitely not a kids film. Taught me not to take gifts off strangers though haha x

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Terrahawks!!!

Argh! (This thread will open up a can of worms for me...I was scared of everything!) x

My dad's ventriloquist doll Mr.parlanchin or Charlie to his close friends lol creepy little doll with ginger hair and a houndtooth suit including a matching flat cap.
y9ypaqa5.jpg

He still scares me now but not quite as much- luckily he lives at my nans house and only comes out at Christmas when everyone's drunk and wants a go of him lol

That is really scary! I wish I never looked now, lol. I'm probably going to have nightmares tonight!

I hated the film ET!! I can't even watch it now as an adult... He just looks sooo freaky :(

Are you afraid of the dark on nickelodeon, some of them stories used to have me awake for nights x

That is really scary! I wish I never looked now, lol. I'm probably going to have nightmares tonight!

He is a very odd looking little fellow. My nan always had these odd little stories about him which used to terrify me, she said he used to walk around the house at night - omg - I think she thought she was telling me these lovely little tales about him because she didn't think he was scary, but I bloody did!

I can't remember any of my fears from childhood but now I am scared of pigeons! ! Our town is full of them & my little boy runs into the middle of them & I swear they are trying to attack me!!
I'm not keen of the dark when im outside. I have a client who lives in the middle of nowhere & half way home I'm always convinced there is someone hiding in the back, even thiugh I've checked before leaving!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

y9ypaqa5.jpg

That is actually terrifying!

Does anyone remember the film Puppet Master? I couldn't sleep for about a month after watching that!

Water. My parents told me that they took me to the beach when I was a toddler and I just screamed at the vast expanse of water. Only had shallow baths until I was about 11. A shower was just notngoing to happen. There was no way of teaching me to swim until I taught myself as a teenager at Bondi Beach. I finally got over it.

One serious: My parents dying.

And one seriously weird: Getting in-grown toe-nails .......:o

Water. My parents told me that they took me to the beach when I was a toddler and I just screamed at the vast expanse of water. Only had shallow baths until I was about 11. A shower was just notngoing to happen. There was no way of teaching me to swim until I taught myself as a teenager at Bondi Beach. I finally got over it.

One serious: My parents dying.

And one seriously weird: Getting in-grown toe-nails .......:o

I wouldn't have known what ingrown toe nails were as a child!

Latest posts

Back