What did you believe when you were little?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

I believed that

Santa was real and that the christmas cake and milk that Mum and Dad left were really for him on Christmas Eve night. I also believed that if I wasn't asleep by midnight I wouldn't get presents and that he really did come down the chimney.

I believed that clouds were made of cotton wool.

I believed that my dolls would come alive when I was asleep.

I believed that I could really slip down the plug hole when having a bath.

If I swallowed the pips of an apple that an apple tree would grow inside me.

That the cartoons were really inside the tv and that live bands were really inside the radio.

I'm sure there are loads more but wasn't innocence bliss!

What a lovely thread! I'm sure we are in for some laughs too!

I genuinely believed my mum had eyes in the back of her head because she told me so often and she only confessed one day when I started rooting through her hair looking for them:biggrin:

I believed babies came out of your belly button which somehow unknotted to become a stretchy tube which the baby came through lol

I believed my teddy mended my dummy every night as I placed it in his lamp crumpled and when I woke it was a normal shape again (think I was about 2 but I can actually remember this)

I believed if you ate dandelions you would wee the bed (who told me that for goodness sake! - was I trying to eat them?? )

I thought if I stood behind a lamp-post and closed my eyes that I was hidden

I thought people of 40 were really old :Scared:

I believed there were real fairies at the bottom of the garden after my mum took me down there to give the baby fairies my dummy xx

I believed my dolls came alive when I slept too lol!

I believed that when you turned the tv off it paused play and waited till I turned it back on again!

I believed only American people could have American Express cards!

I believed that cats eyes in the road had lights in them
I also believed that if you passed your GCE's at school you got letters after your name.
Oh the shame :)

This is soooo cute :)

I firmly believed in Santa and the tooth fairy. That babies appeared in their mamas bellies when they got married. That Michael Jackson was dancing with REAL zombies in Thriller. That if I didn't put something heavy on anything plastic in my bedroom, my breathing would suck it across my mouth and suffocate me while I slept. That in order to be alive in the morning, I had to wiggle my feet in bed...if I woke up and I wasn't still wiggling, it took me a while to work out whether I was dead or not.

I'm a little odd ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

My Dad told me that the carrots were good for your eyes and that was why you never saw a rabbit wearing glasses

This is soooo cute :)

I firmly believed in Santa and the tooth fairy. That babies appeared in their mamas bellies when they got married. That Michael Jackson was dancing with REAL zombies in Thriller. That if I didn't put something heavy on anything plastic in my bedroom, my breathing would suck it across my mouth and suffocate me while I slept. That in order to be alive in the morning, I had to wiggle my feet in bed...if I woke up and I wasn't still wiggling, it took me a while to work out whether I was dead or not.

I'm a little odd ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I was petrified of those zombies in thriller!!!

My mum told me if I made funny faces, the wind would change and I would stay like that :rolleyes:

I believed my grandad when he used to tell me 'Charlie' the magpie used to tell him everything me and my sister had been doing. The fact that he had a magpie that frequently visited his back garden I thought completely validated this and not the fact that he spoke to my dad every day :)

I believed that if me and all my cuddly toys weren't completely hidden under the duvet at night, Margaret Thatcher would 'get us'.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My mum said that wearing mascara would make me go blind because it was only for 'big people'.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I believed in the tooth fairy for years, my dad would call her on the phone to tell her she needed to visit!

I also thought seahorses were made up like unicorns.

I believed my grandad when he used to tell me 'Charlie' the magpie used to tell him everything me and my sister had been doing. The fact that he had a magpie that frequently visited his back garden I thought completely validated this and not the fact that he spoke to my dad every day :)

I believed that if me and all my cuddly toys weren't completely hidden under the duvet at night, Margaret Thatcher would 'get us'.

Margaret Thatcher would come get you?! That's absolutely hilarious, but makes perfect sense somehow!

I believed that puddles disappeared after rain because fairies drank them.

I also believed that if I wasn't nice to my teddys and dollys that they'd get up in the middle of the night and kill me!

R x

Santa, the Easter bunny, the tooth fairy & the sand man?? Who even is the sand man lol

That my toys were alive & had feelings! My mum drummed this into me for as long as I can remember lol

That if you didn't sleep on Christmas Eve Santa wouldn't come! One year I was really unwell with an ear & throat infection when I was about 6 and cried all night for my mum on Christmas Eve but kept my eyes closed and wouldn't get up to get her or my dad incase Santa didn't come, I bet they feel guilty about that now lol!!

Babies came out bums hahahaha

Mums & dads were brother & sister! That's a weird one don't know why I thought that lol

I can't even think of any more!

Sarah xx

Oh Lord I actually believed that monkeys laid bananas :D

I also believed that the thunder was God being really angry and the sunshine was God smiling at everyone!

I also believed that the thunder was God being really angry and the sunshine was God smiling at everyone!

I believed it was god moving his furniture down the stairs!! I actually tell my daughter that now :)

My bf believed that there were actual tiny people living inside the tv!! And when a repair man came to fix his as a child he asked if he would sneak one of the little people out for him to play with haha :)

Santa, the Easter bunny, the tooth fairy & the sand man?? Who even is the sand man lol

That my toys were alive & had feelings! My mum drummed this into me for as long as I can remember lol

That if you didn't sleep on Christmas Eve Santa wouldn't come! One year I was really unwell with an ear & throat infection when I was about 6 and cried all night for my mum on Christmas Eve but kept my eyes closed and wouldn't get up to get her or my dad incase Santa didn't come, I bet they feel guilty about that now lol!!

Babies came out bums hahahaha

Mums & dads were brother & sister! That's a weird one don't know why I thought that lol

I can't even think of any more!

Sarah xx

The sand man I think brings you your dreams :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

You guys are shattering all of my childhood beliefs. ... you mean to say... these things aren't true?! :( darn it! Lol xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What about wee willie winkie any one remember him :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back