What were you scared of when you were a child?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I have an overactive imagination too steph86. A few weeks ago I dreamt I could see the silhouette of a man on our flat roof extension peering in our bedroom window. I woke up absolutely petrified & couldn't bring myself to look over at the window. And my other half was going away for work the following week I was terrified every night going to bed. The daft thing was the silhouette had a top hat on lol.

Where abouts are you? Its just that we had an earthquake here in Lincoln about 5-6 years ago.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sally-I live just near Manchester. :) Sounds like our minds are worse than films! Xx

No way was that the same earthquake then lol. Omg my imagination is so over the top. My other half is out tonight and I've been texting one of the girls who's fella is also out & we've been discussing how you'd escape the house if a murderer came in lol. Its mad! Once when my fella was away with work I was convinced someone was in the passageway between us & next door & went to bed with a rolling pin as a weapon lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lifts petrified of them as a child and still won't go near one,

Then my first girls holiday abroad everyone jumped into lift in hotel (I took the stairs) and what happened the rope/wire snapped and the lift fell to god knows where!!

Ok so I wasn't in the lift but everyone we were with was, the wee man that had to fix it was at the other end of the island took hours to get them out!

For me it was (and still is) needles. Not helped by the fact that I have been in and out of hospital a lot. :/

Any one else had this fear and got over it? I've had like hypnotherapy and seen a psychologist but no joy. It makes me worry because it's making me dismiss the idea of having a baby because of all the tests involved.

Oh also spiders...can't deal with spiders XD

Poor you over fear of needles. It's such a shame it's so bad, but hopefully you might, when the time's right, find your wish to have a baby overcomes it.

I understand completely about your spider fear; I share it. It goes beyond fear, I feel sick when I see one.

For me it was (and still is) needles. Not helped by the fact that I have been in and out of hospital a lot. :/

Any one else had this fear and got over it? I've had like hypnotherapy and seen a psychologist but no joy. It makes me worry because it's making me dismiss the idea of having a baby because of all the tests involved.

Oh also spiders...can't deal with spiders XD

I have a fear of needles! I'm not too bad now after having numerous blood tests while I was expecting my children still go feel sick & hot & get anxious if I'm having one but I'm a lot better then before I just take a deep breath & don't look.

The honey monster off the sugar puff adverts... Apparently my parents could only watch bbc because there was no risk of adverts lol xxx

I have a fear of needles! I'm not too bad now after having numerous blood tests while I was expecting my children still go feel sick & hot & get anxious if I'm having one but I'm a lot better then before I just take a deep breath & don't look.

Ha ha I was scared of needles and said I would NEVER have an IV... Until I had a baby and was very happy to get an epidural complete with IV lol

I was also scared of the intro to casualty, it was so scary in the 90s!!!

I was scared of walking on the road!
my mum always told me dont walk on the road, and after seeing an animal being knocked down, I was terrified!
If we were crossing the road, she would have to carry me.... even if i was in my buggy, she would have to take me out and carry me to the other side of the road!

And when it was my cousins funeral, down the country they would walk behind the herse with the coffin in it, and I had a tantrum because my aunt tried to make me walk on the road behind the car, so after about 10 minutes of me balling my eyes out and screaming my head off, I was the only one walking one the path inline with the car, while about 50 people walked through the small town on the road... Kinda funny thinking about it now!

And I was affraid of those automatic stairs... the ones that are in shopping centres... i dont no the exact name for them.... I fell down them at a very young age, and until i was about 7-8.. i couldnt go near them...!

Dr who ! Oh and going back to school After having the six weeks of summer holiday xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

Needles bloody hated the things and still do. Phobia was made worse when my daughter was 4, she had her tonsils removed and ended up back in hospital 3 days after the operation because she was throwing up blood due to an infection. It took the doctors 6, yes 6 attempts to get a drip in to her. I had to go out of the room and my mum stayed with her, needless to say shes now absolutely petrified of them now and I don't think she will ever get over it. Me on the other hand I've got used to them abut more since having my son, I'm ok if I don't see them. If I do I panic.

I was and still am scared of the escalators in shopping centers. I feel like I'm going to fall, coming down is the worst, if I can find stairs or a lift I prefer to use them.

Bikes! When I was 5 or 6 I was playing on my bike with some other kids on my estate, one bumped in to me on purpose, I fell off and broke my arm. My sister broke her leg at 4/5 again due to bike. We were on holiday and my dad took her over to the toilet block. As she came out a teenage boy on a mountain bike came zooming round the corner, knocked her over and rode over her leg breaking it. The fear wasn't to bad when I was a child but since I've grown up and had my own kids its reared its ugly head. I find myself acting like a barrier for my kids when I see someone on a bike riding near us or scooters. They think its hilarious and that mummy is being silly.

Maths tests :-D still am

Latest posts

Back