What were you scared of when you were a child?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your video would finish and the tv would go grey and make that horrible loud scratchy noise!
The person that was going to grab my feet if I left them out the covers or touched the floor!
Jonathan creek..
I watched a programme when i was 6 or 7 about Australia and for about a year i hated sitting on the loo incase there were spiders...
fire starter by prodigy!
Sharks in the deep end of pool.
I was, and still am a scaredy cat.!

I was scared of the gremlin type thing (it??) that lived under the sand and used to grant wishes but they always went wrong.
???

The riddlers!

Oh and the statue head thing from art attack!

I was scared of the gremlin type thing (it??) that lived under the sand and used to grant wishes but they always went wrong.
???

The riddlers!

Oh and the statue head thing from art attack!

The Riddlers were a thing of nightmares! As was Dark Crystal!

Spitting image scared the crap out of me as a child. And even now that Wonga advert is a bit creepy to me lol.

Oh and I'm still afraid of the dark even at 28 years of age! I have the landing light on right now - maybe I shouldn't have admitted to that in such a public place lol :// xoxo

I also can't sleep without having my wardrobe completely shut because the Boogie Man will come and get me. Obviously. #facepalm

Snakes and worms. The exorcist, there was an advert for it, I think I slept in my ma's room for about a month after!

Until I moved house 2 years ago I was terrified of my wardrobe, I used to hairband the doors shut! Like that's going to stop anything that's in there...

oh and needles! My uncle is a dentist and I needed a filling, I remember screaming the place down, didn't put me off going to the dentist though luckily!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was terrified of being broken into (burgled) - still am, have to sleep in the bottom floor at the front of the house so every noise outside I hear I can check outside to make sure no ones there! (Comes from being broken into when I was a child).

When I was little I was scared of everything, I used to have a ghost dog with Red eyes that would sit in the doorway of my bedroom, I'd lay petrified for hours an it gave me a horrible fear of dogs (over it now though) - this was due to watching goosebumps! That should of never been allowed to be a kids show!

Also I'm petrified of spiders! I've just finished at a clients house an we were sat in the conservatory an the window was open an a huge month flew in, she was terrified of moths so I tried getting rid of it for her but it was like it was on acid, flying all over the place, it flew into the corner by her fire... and what crawls out a ginormous spider that had managed to catch the month an was trying to drag it back to its hole whilst the months trying to get away! Which resulted in a semi flying spidermoth! We were both hysterical- we had to move rooms!

Xxxx

I was terrified of being broken into (burgled) - still am, have to sleep in the bottom floor at the front of the house so every noise outside I hear I can check outside to make sure no ones there! (Comes from being broken into when I was a child).

When I was little I was scared of everything, I used to have a ghost dog with Red eyes that would sit in the doorway of my bedroom, I'd lay petrified for hours an it gave me a horrible fear of dogs (over it now though) - this was due to watching goosebumps! That should of never been allowed to be a kids show!

Also I'm petrified of spiders! I've just finished at a clients house an we were sat in the conservatory an the window was open an a huge month flew in, she was terrified of moths so I tried getting rid of it for her but it was like it was on acid, flying all over the place, it flew into the corner by her fire... and what crawls out a ginormous spider that had managed to catch the month an was trying to drag it back to its hole whilst the months trying to get away! Which resulted in a semi flying spidermoth! We were both hysterical- we had to move rooms!

Xxxx

Im so sorry but thats so funny, I would've freaked out!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was always afraid of something being under my bed (the boogie man) ready to jump out & grab me.:Scared: When it was bedtime i'd always take a running jump for my bed.:eek:

My own shadow! Haha I used to walk down the stairs but if it was dark upstairs I'd run really fast and always imagined someone was standing at the top of the stairs same for walking up stairs I always thought someone was watching me 😳 i was petrified of dogs but now a proud owner of my doggy 😃 x

I was always afraid of something being under my bed (the boogie man) ready to jump out & grab me.:Scared: When it was bedtime i'd always take a running jump for my bed.:eek:

I did this haha stand at the door to turn light off (sometimes turn it off) then run and jump and under the covers as fast as possible haha x

At 3/4 years old my favourite film was crocodile Dundee, I would watch it everyday but would always jump behind the sofa and hide on the bit where she is filling up her water bottle and a croc jumps out.
I also use you watch a program called green claws and it wasn't scary but I had a nightmare that I was being chased by green claws and it was so real, it still freaks me out now. X

I won't go swimming in the sea........................someone is always playing the JAWS music.......or is that in my head!!?

I won't go swimming in the sea........................someone is always playing the JAWS music.......or is that in my head!!?

Lol!!

I was terrified of the dark, glad to know others still are aswell, im ok if my husbands at home but if hes out the light stays on haha.
And the little green gremlin out of twilight zone on the plane wing, i had an extention outside my room and I refused to open my curtains incase it was on the roof. And ghost stories, my friend at school used to tell storys saying they was real and still some of them play on my mind when im on my own xx

Me too!!!! Hahaha what are we like lol xoxo

I'm absolutely petrified of slugs, eeeeewwww dirty beasts

Cat x

Hmm this "boogie man" seems to be recurring in alot of replies. Is he a sinister BeeGee?! Hahahaha xx

Margaret Thatcher- I used to hide myself and all my cuddly toys under my care bears duvet at night thinking she'd "get us" ... honestly no idea why she only scared me at night time!

Latest posts

Back