What did you believe when you were little?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this thread. <3
I belived that Santa, tooth fairy, Easter bunny birthday bear was real.
That if I pick dandilions I would wee the bed.
If I ate seeds from fruit a tree would grow.
If I ate carrots I could see in the dark.
I used to think If I didn't run after going to the toilet after flushing the chain someone would come out of the toilet and drag me in.
When it was thundering god was moving his furniture.
If I pulled faces when the wind was blowing it would stay like that.
If I picked my nose my finger would get stuck.
If I didn't eat my dinner I wouldn't grown and my hair wouldn't grow.
If I didn't get out of the bath in time I would fall in the plug.

The list could go on and on lol

I used to get told that when the icecream van played its music, it meant it had run out of icecream ha ooh & also if i ate the crust on my bread it would make me have curly hair lol x

Last edited:
Up until readin this thread i genuinely thought carrots did help you see in the dark! I feel such an idiot!

I feel sad about saying this but I truly believed that if someone smiled at me that they were a really good person. Sadly there are many a young innocent child that thought that too, much to their regret!

My mum's butcher used to give us pigs tails to plant in the garden. We thought pigs would grow from them.

Ha ha ha.. how many of you have had counselling that's I want to know. ..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My Nan was a cockney lady, and I can still hear her words today (that I believed at the time).

'Never wear your knickers in bed, cos your fanny will drop off'

Another was

'Keep your hand on your ha'penny'

And I firmly believed that if you ate pips from fruit, trees would grow in your tummy!

Michelle x

I used to think it was 'trickle treat' instead of 'trick or treat' I think I was about 13 when I finally worked it out haha :)

I thought carrots helped your eyesight too. Especially when I went off them, I got told this a lot lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I believed in most if not all if these things too :0)
I think the 'carrots make you see in the dark' started out as some kind of government propaganda in WW2, there is some element of truth in it though as the beta carotene converts to vitamin a which is good for your eyes.
Dandelions are a diuretic too, so we haven't lost the plot entirely lol.

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

You know when you see the dandelion seeds floating around in the air - I genuinely thought they were fairies!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382606794.605920.jpg

I believed that you had to go to the bank on bank holidays.

Also, even though I come from Liverpool I thought that knotty ash was a imaginary place cause Ken Dodd said there were jam butty mines there. I wouldn't believe anyone that knotty ash was a real place and I only realised it was about 8 years ago when I was getting the bus through there to go to my new job :o

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek mobile app

I believed in Santa, tooth fairy and Easter bunny.

If I took too long on the toilet a hand would come up the toilet and drag me in (no idea where that came from!)

If you ate crust you got curly hair.

When I was upstairs if I didn't get downstairs in a few seconds a man would chase me (no idea where this came from either) - I do still run down or up stairs quickly now in the dark :/

I will admit that when my children were younger, I told them that my mobile phone was connected to the TV so I would be able to tell if they switched it on whilst we were out.

They also believed that our TV only worked from 5-6pm (childrens hour) and otherwise only played DVD's.

The house alarm monitors in each room with a red light are actually cameras so Santa can see if you are behaving yourself.

I believed there was actual little people behind the tv and radio lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought that thunder was wheelie-bins crashing together in the sky...don't even ask hahah

I believed that when you ate something the food would go down into your feet, rather than your belly and build up inside the body from there and the more you ate, the more you grew and that's how you got bigger. :o

I believed that if I used my mums face cream I would get old wrinkly skin (thanks mum, it worked as I never stole it!)

I also believed that a scarey character roamed the streets making sure the lights were out at bedtime and that he could see above the curtains if the light was shining through. I also believed he was a character that I used to see in a shop window and would come to life at night to do this.

My brother told me if I had shoes on or touch rubber when it was thundering I'd survive?! so I asked my dad what was rubber he told me the computer chair arm rests ... So there's me a little girl hearing thunder putting my shoes on and sitting on the computer chair holding both arms &#128513; haha x

That everyone lived until they were 100 x

Latest posts

Back