What do I use to wipe the DL from Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkigems

Reaction score
Hi

I have just done my first shellac on toes, and when it comes to wiping off the inhibition layer i have just seen that you should not use scrubfresh, which is all i have!

I've done my mum's toes as a practice, so what would happen if i did use scrubfresh as i have nothing else and she has sticky toes!

Is there anything else that would be better as a saving grace.....vodka?!

Thank you

Yes Vodka! Would be better than scrubfresh which I believe has acetone in it.

I'm pretty sure this has been covered if your search .....

but once more for the road. CND Cool Blue is a very good substitute for D sperse or A 99% Isopropol Alcohol solution (please someone correct me if Im wrong on this)

hths :hug:

Injection wipes from the chemist, they are Isopropyl alcohol or surgical spirit works a treat too..... I have used them both and in an emergency they work and do not dull the shine, or cause Shellac havoc xxxx

Hi Charlotte, definately use the cool blue hand sanitiser that you have, or...vodka yes, that does work too!

You can use 99% Isopropyl Alcohol...it works great. :)

I did my mums at her house & didn't have my wipe off solution with me so I used some of my dads scotch! Worked!

As others have said isopropyl alcohol is the correct wipe to give the best shine- if you have none- cool blue gives a good shine- if you have none vodka/gin/bacardi will do.

Just thought that you might like to know that Sugar Craft Shops sell Isopropyl Alcohol. It's used to mix with food colourings to paint on icing with. It usually comes in handy little squeezy bottles, ideal if your a mobile tech!:) Just in case anyone had problems getting hold of it!

Latest posts

Back