what do they do in one day course for manicure and pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

p_hoarau

Reaction score
hi,
im about to take a one day course in manicure and pedicure, does anyone know what do they teach you in a day course.

And also swedish massage its for a day how fast can someone learn a day course if you've never done beauty work before.

regards
Presh

Who are you doing your training with? x

im about to take a one day course in manicure and pedicure, does anyone know what do they teach you in a day course.
That all depends on where you're taking the course and how intensive it is... Amongst other things you should be learning about the anatomy of the nail aswell as how to perform a manicure/pedicure.

I think quite a few geeks know how I feel about these short courses by now. If i were you I would spend my money more wisely. You can not possibly be qualified to carry our manis or pedis with only a days training. I doubt very much you would be able to get insurance either. You will only ever be as good as your training and if you are wanting to make a career out of this book yourself on a recognised course with a proper qualification!!

Would you take your car to a mechanic that has only had a days training?? Please think carefully about this before you go.

good luck
charlotte

hi,

And also swedish massage its for a day how fast can someone learn a day course if you've never done beauty work before.

regards
Presh

I am astounded you are going to learn swedish body massage in a day.

Personally I think this is impossible,totally stupid and downright irresponsible of any company to pretend that anyone can learn Swedish body massage in a day.

We had a doctor in our class who couldn't have learnt body massage in a day.Thats with all her anatomy physiology knowledge that she already had.

Swedish body massage takes time to learn.You have to learn the back,tummy,legs,arms, and chest.Plus all of the contra-indications and contra actions.Not to mention the lymph and ,oh the list goes on.It's very,very intense and a level 3 qualification

I think these 1 day courses should be banned.Somebody soon is going to end up with a biggggg law suit for soemthing they have caused and forgotten about or didn't cover.

It pees me off.I studied damned hard to get my qualification and I think this is an absolute joke.

Sorry love,I'm not taking this out on you but dont do it.You will be wasting your money because you will NOT feel confident on doing a full body massage after 1 day worth of training.Believe me.If a dooctor couldn't do it then nobody can.

Get yourself on a good course and dont waste your money.:) That goes for the mani and pedi course as well.xx

hi,

regards
Presh

Darlin' what do YOU think you can learn in a one day course on ANY subject??

Answer: B***** All!

Don't waste your money ... you will be qualified to do nothing at all and you will not be able to get insurance. :rolleyes:

Isn't creatives course in mani/pedi a one day course?!

My NSI SPA Ritual Mani was a 1-day course. I'm not suggesting that I am a highly qualified nail tech now, but they cover the BASICS, in particular anatomy and diseases/disorders etc.

The 'talent' comes with experience, which comes with lots of practice.

My NSI SPA Ritual Mani was a 1-day course. I'm not suggesting that I am a highly qualified nail tech now, but they cover the BASICS, in particular anatomy and diseases/disorders etc.

The 'talent' comes with experience, which comes with lots of practice.

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: can't even comment on this!

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: can't even comment on this!
when i did my beauty therapy NVQ we took the longest out of everything else on the course learning manicures, there is so much to take in!! I definately couldnt have done it one day! Also our tutor did assessments on us several times to make sure we were doing everything correct, if you do a days training in manicures how are you meant to know if you are doing everything correctly & maybe have been assessed once etc????!!!!

I was merely pointing out that 'basics' are covered in a short product course. My training provides me with a hobby - I presently have no intention of providing a ligitimate service to clients by way of an occupation, I have a successful career. If I feel I would like to go further in my training then I will further education.

I appreciate that it is somewhat frustrating to some members of this forum when someone comes along and thinks a 1-day course will provide a qualification to allow the individual to provide a paid service.

Therefore, I don't get the brickwall comment! imo thats just rude.

As a forum providing an information source to the nail industry, which undoubtedly attracts people considering a career (or a hobby) in nails - I remember my first posts on this site; I was scared to death of posting - for fear of what sort of reaction I would get from the 'experienced' 'professionals'. Not a very 'newby' friendly site, imho.

The poor girl who posted this thread only asked an honest question and look what happened.

I took a one day mani/pedi course, but that been said, it was for those of us who had already completed the gel course. We requested it because it wasn't covered in our gel course and I personally felt that the two courses went hand in hand.

I appreciate that it is somewhat frustrating to some members of this forum when someone comes along and thinks a 1-day course will provide a qualification to allow the individual to provide a paid service.

Therefore, I don't get the brickwall comment!

As a forum providing an information source to the nail industry, which undoubtedly attracts people considering a career (or a hobby) in nails - I remember my first posts on this site; I was scared to death of posting - for fear of what sort of reaction I would get from the 'experienced' 'professionals'. Not a very 'newby' friendly site, imho.

The poor girl who posted this thread only asked an honest question and look what happened.
Very valid point and I respect your comments.

I was planning on doing the spa manicure course after foundation training - is this not a good idea then - I should be doing something more in depth??

I was planning on doing the spa manicure course after foundation training - is this not a good idea then - I should be doing something more in depth??
I think it's fair to say this is not enough.:hug:

I was merely pointing out that 'basics' are covered in a short product course. My training provides me with a hobby - I presently have no intention of providing a ligitimate service to clients by way of an occupation, I have a successful career. If I feel I would like to go further in my training then I will further education.

Therefore, I don't get the brickwall comment! imo thats just rude.

It's not the individuals taking the courses that's the problem for me it's the trainers that mislead the poor people into thinking they can actually learn everything in a one day course.

There is so much information to take in that even the brightest button would struggle to let it sink in and then remember it all.

I hope that I didn't come across as being at all anti with the girl who posted the question.Indeed I made a point of explaining that it wasn't her I was annoyed with but the trainers who are obvioulsly on one big fat greedy mission.That is to rip poor, unsuspecting people into seriously believing that they can become qualified masseurs or massuses in one day,not to mention a host of other qualifications.

hi,

regards
Presh

Im currently studying mani and pedi at college and our course is a twenty week course! On Our course we have to be assessed on 3 paying clients giving them both a mani and a pedi, plus nail exams ( on what we know on the nail structure, bones in hands and arm, leg and feet etc ) also on top of that we have a BIG health and safety section to learn and be examined on, PLUS MORE!

In my opinion i have no idea how everything could possibly be covered on a 1 day course as im worried about completeing everything on a 20 week course!

If i were you i would look into courses at your local college that offer a recognised qualification. :) HTH

Im currently studying mani and pedi at college and our course is a twenty week course! On Our course we have to be assessed on 3 paying clients giving them both a mani and a pedi, plus nail exams ( on what we know on the nail structure, bones in hands and arm, leg and feet etc ) also on top of that we have a BIG health and safety section to learn and be examined on, PLUS MORE!

In my opinion i have no idea how everything could possibly be covered on a 1 day course as im worried about completeing everything on a 20 week course!

If i were you i would look into courses at your local college that offer a recognised qualification. :) HTH

Very well said, I agree totally, we were assessed and assessed and assessed again before we passed the manicure and pedicure parts of the course we also had to pass a written exam and oral questioning. A One day course for someone never having done Manicure and Pedicure is a total rip off in my opinion.

Joan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back