What do you all think of Kate Middleton and will you be watching the royal wedding?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kennedia - I totally agree with your comments! I feel the same :)

I will not be watching, couldnt careless really.

Kate is average looking and william looks like a beaver.

Couldn't have put it better myself!!! lol:lol:x

Lovely dress and pretty Kate and great couple FULLSTOP. Will I stop work to watch the wedding? NO. I remember Charles & Diana's wedding we all thought then they were the gorgeous couple as well as Fergie & Andrew. However we forget Catherine Middleton will become queen consort when William becomes king. She will not become queen regnant, who is a woman who reigns in her own right, having inherited the throne from a previous monarch. Queen Elizabeth is a queen regnant. A queen regnant is the female equivalent of a king, whereas a queen consort is merely the wife of a king and ranks lower than a king and a queen regnant. So therefore i'm not going to lose money and profits in such a harsh economic downfall. However good luck to them. :)
I completely agree and my dad and i often have heated discussions as he is pro royalist and i am not lol

Sometimes i feel like i was one of those old women knitting at the front of the guillotine in 1789:eek::lol:

Actually on that day i am having my hair cut and colored as my hairdresser is no royalist and will be having her salon open,so hopefully the roads will be fairly quiet!

And on that night i will be out with my own frind Kathryn out gay pubbing and seeing our own queen Lucinda Lashes who will be performing...:green:

Kate Middleton's life will never be the same i am sure........

I say people need to defo find a hobby rather than sat picking faults of a young girl in her 20's who is marrying her partner of years!n as 4 average looking im sure a few of us wouldnt mind looking that 'average'!were british so we should be proud n supportive of are royal family i wish them every bit of happiness!!xx

Sent from my X10i

Did anyone watch Meet the Middletons on Channel 4 last night? What did you think?

I'm watching, can't wait to see her dress, flowers, nails etc.
Didn't bother putting mascara on this morning though, lol

Absolutely stunning .. the dress is so simple and old fashioned but so perfect, her flowers were understated but so right. Just brilliant.

I loved the fanfare for the Queen.

I rewound and watched the moment when Camilla seemed to think she could reach in and kiss the Queen and the Queen gave the smallest shake of her head and then Camilla curtsied!!

How rude. She's been in the royal family long enough to know the protocol. I really can't like Camilla and as Harry Hill said when I saw him in concert ... she must never be queen lol.

And I am sad Princess Diana isn't here today.

Loving all the pomp and splendour.

Not happy that she is the Duchess of Cambridge!! I would be sooooooo upset not to be a princess .. duchess and baroness just doesn't cut it for me ... want to be a princess!! I would give up the diamonds (!!!!!) to have the princess title lol

Jacqui xx

Totally agree with you Jacqui!
We do pomp & ceremony & tradition so well!!
I love her dress so simple & classic. I do like her mothers dress too very stylish.
I don't like Camilla. But Diana has done a fab job with her boys & they are a credit to her memory.

I thought Kate was absolutely gorgeous. I'm loving watching it.

At one point when they were going back to the palace, wills had to salute then they came through an archway. Could see them holding hands and he was rubbing her hand with his thumb. So cute. I'm an absolute romantic.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I wasn't particularly bothered if I watched or not today but having turned the telly on I have been swept away with the whole event.

Lady Di was more my age and I was more interested in her Wedding. We hadn't seen a Royal Wedding, that I can remember at that time, and the world seemed to be going crazy for one. Whether you loved her or otherwise, I was totally glued to that Wedding.

I'm watching, can't wait to see her dress, flowers, nails etc.
Didn't bother putting mascara on this morning though, lol
I was blubbing the moment I put the telly on lol. I wished William's Mum was around to see her son and what a lovely person he has turned out to be and the lovely Kate he has chosen to share his very complicated life with.

Absolutely stunning .. the dress is so simple and old fashioned but so perfect, her flowers were understated but so right. Just brilliant.
Totally agree
I loved the fanfare for the Queen.

I rewound and watched the moment when Camilla seemed to think she could reach in and kiss the Queen and the Queen gave the smallest shake of her head and then Camilla curtsied!!
I noticed that as well, who does she think she is

How rude. She's been in the royal family long enough to know the protocol. I really can't like Camilla and as Harry Hill said when I saw him in concert ... she must never be queen lol.
I'm not a fan of hers at all, I can't take to her either

And I am sad Princess Diana isn't here today.
Agree 100%

Jacqui xx

I sincerely hope the papz leave them alone and not hound Kate like Diana

Totally agree with the Camilla comments. How dare she think she could kiss the Queen.

I think Kate has a better chance of surviving within the royal family, she's had 8 years to get used to it and william knows how his mother was treated and doubt he will allow that to happen to Kate. Also living away in North Wales will help them.

Diana would have been looking down on them and being so proud of the way William has grown.

Sorry to ask silly probably obvious Q's!
Charles and dianna were together as a couple.
Charles cheated on her with Camilla.

But I thought the queen and royals didn't like dianna? So why do they hate Camilla? x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Sorry to ask silly probably obvious Q's!
Charles and dianna were together as a couple.
Charles cheated on her with Camilla.

But I thought the queen and royals didn't like dianna? So why do they hate Camilla? x

Charles was cheating with Camilla before, during and after his marriage to Diana. At the time charles and Camilla couldn't marry as the the heir to the throne couldnt marry a divorced woman, which is what Camilla would have been.

The Queen only allowed charles to marry after Diana died. An heir and a spare had already been produced.

So why does the queen not like her and wont let her kiss her?
I thought the royals didn't like Diana? x

So why does the queen not like her and wont let her kiss her?
I thought the royals didn't like Diana? x

Nobody other than immediate family can kiss the Queen. Its not just that its Camilla. They've only just started showing public affection in the last few years as it is.

Have you ever seen the clip of film when charles was about 4 or 5 yrs old and he is shown shaking the queen's hand. Diana helped drag them up to date. She wasn't liked because she was so popular with ordinary people. she was the first royal not to wear gloves when greeting people. Diana was normal, well as much as she could be after marrying into that family, and they didn't like her popularity.

Thank goodness that one day William will be King.

I think Kate will be very good for the Royal Family. I will always remember when Prince Charles and Diana got engaged and during an interview Diana was asked if she loved him and she said "of course" and Prince Charles said "whatever love is" I can remember feeling that it was a cold thing to say. With Kate and Prince William there would appear to be genuine affection. I really feel that they will be happy together.

Latest posts

Back