what do you charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazza83

Reaction score
I am just wondering with acrylics when the treatment is done and you have gone through your after care,do you sell or give the client cuticle oil? I'm going to do a friends nails soon and i am wondering do i give her a small bottle of solar oil or charge her a small charge so i can recoup what i paid for it?any advice would be nice
sarah

Some people do give pinkie solar oil as a gift. You can include it in the price of full set. Say you are charging £30 for full set, you can charge £33 and include a pinkie oil so you earn extra for the oil. Client would still think it's a gift.

Don't start your business by giving too cheap treatments and giving too much away. Clients get used to that.

Think business. You have paid for your training a lot of money, you should value yourself from the very start.

Nail designer with a twist;)

some work the cost of it into the price of a full set.
some sell it as an extra to the client.

you dont want to actually 'give it away' or you are going to be out of pocket.

Hi Sarah,

I have the solar minis and what I do is when a client has their first full set of enhancements/overlays I give them a mini solar oil. This will encourage them to use it and then once the bottle is empty they know what it's like, have fallen in love with it and are more likely to buy a bigger bottle.

As mentioned in other posts..I included it in the cost of my sets, otherwise it it is a freebie and you will be out of pocket.

HTH :)

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I charge £2.50 and pretty much every client buys one. :)

thank you for all of your advice everyone,i'm only just started out in this industry and only doing friends and family at the moment so not charging as much as i would clients as i am still gaining confidence.I will add it into the price of my treatments so that i cover back what i paid but i only have a couple of bottles at the moment as not mobile or working full/part time yet as started training in hairdressing to offer more to my clients.Thank you all again
sarah x

I give a free pinkie bottle with new sets. Then I tell them if they are using it enough it should run out by their 2 week infill. If they keep the bottle I will refill for £2.50.
Doing my bit for the Enviroment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[email protected]

Deb - I like your idea:)

I also give a mini solar oil away when a client has either her first set of enhancements or Shellac. I have them on a display stand advertised for £2.50 so the client can see they are sold so really do think they are getting something for nothing.

H xx

Latest posts

Back