What do you do when Clients ask you about cuppas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kutiekelly2005

Reaction score
I have noticed alot lately that when I have been going to client's houses they tend to ask

'Would you like a cuppa?' 'Would you like a drink?'

I always say no as I think about the dust getting in to the drink etc. But I was just wondering what you geeks do?

Is it ok to accept drinks or would it be better to take a bottle of water?

I always accept a cuppa, my brain wont work without it! hth

cuppa for me too

milk no sugar thanks :)

I would accept a cuppa no probs except I usually used to ask for water instead as this is what I preferred. I drink gallons of the stuff.

I suppose if you're worried about getting dust in your drink you could lay something over the top of the cup.

I suppose if you're worried about getting dust in your drink you could lay something over the top of the cup.

When ever I go to my hair salon they always offer me tea and I have to protect it from my hair cuttings, lol.

I don't go to clients houses , but I always offer them a cuppa when they come to me.

I always offer the cuppa after the service, that way they can sit down and relax, away from my nail desk, with the cuppa while their polish is drying, and there is no dust getting into their drink.

im suuuuuuuure theres a thread from ages ago, about the H&S involved in having drinks at your nail station. I think something was said about vapours getting into the liquid.

Im sure Ruth (nailsinlondon1) said something about it.

I could however be lying! lol. Ive tried to find it but i cant!

As I work form home most of my clients come straight from work gasping for a 'cuppa'. I always offer it to them but use the fab creative mugs that come with lids. (I don't know if you can still get them)

It doesn't take long to 'train' your clients to put the lid back on between sips!:hug:

Yes Katelisa you are correct!!
If you or your clients do want a drink it shouldn't really be during the service as vapours and dust settle on the surface fo the drink adnd then it would be ingested by you!
Always use cups with lids or take a bottle of water with you!

HTH!

xx

I never have a drink - i have a weak bladder and would have to break for a wee half way through! x

I wouldn't do it...well I'm funny-style anyways. I don't like eating or drinking things from people I don't know well...

But like I said I'm funny-style...

I would just take a bottle of water with me as I'm really fussy about how I like my tea!:lol:

mine's tea and I bring my own sweetex:lol: The first place where I used to get my nails done always had a coffee pot on the go and the first couple of times I went I was asked how I'd like my coffee, once they got to know me as I walked in my nail tech, Emma used to yell out Cheers Susie, mines with 2 sugars:eek::lol:
For me its just part of the whole welcome to my home be friendly bit so I don't have a problem with it.

The only teas i drink with clients are fruit or herbal teas,i hate normal tea.

We often have a chat before treatment commences,and i only drink coffe when im at home,id never entertain it at the salon.

I really can't make my mind up so I'm just going to consult the Tarot cards. Wil let you know. xxxxxxxxxx

I really can't make my mind up so I'm just going to consult the Tarot cards. Wil let you know. xxxxxxxxxx

oooh oooh, kimmi, can you find out what drink my clients like the most aswell please. =]

I dont do mobile but if i did i would take a couple of glass coasters with me to put on top of both mine and the clients cup,
this is what i do in the salon and the added bonus is it keeps your drink hot for longer hth

it is good maners to esept the tea or coffie it's good etecot.

Latest posts

Back