what do you do with your wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connoisseur

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up my mobile business which will focus on manicures, pedicures and waxing.

I have purchased a Hive heater which is suitable for paraffin and warm wax and have two metal inserts for the heater; one I will use for paraffin and the other for wax.

I am more than happy to use the wax pot method over the roller system but wanted to know what other mobile technicians who use wax pots do about reusing the wax.

Do you pour it back into the original pot/leave it in the metal container until your next client (which may well be on another day).

If the former, what's the best way to do it without creating too much mess?

I know all about the phd system and the other roller systems available but i would prefer to use the wax pot method, especially for eyebrows.

All comments greatly appreciated.

Be very carefull about transporting a wax pot in your car. Try to find a sturdy container for it. Years ago when I had first trained my wax pot spilt onto my passenger seat. It took me hours and a whole bottle of wax cleaner to tackle it. I then had to put a towel on the seat, but if it was a warm day the wax that had dripped down into the sponge of the seat would come back to the surface if you sat on it. :rolleyes:

The Australian bodycare system, (like PHD) is fab and very fast to do. Now being mobile again, I can't imagine using anything else, (and my car seats are safe!:green:

pinkmummy said:
Be very carefull about transporting a wax pot in your car. Try to find a sturdy container for it. Years ago when I had first trained my wax pot spilt onto my passenger seat. It took me hours and a whole bottle of wax cleaner to tackle it. I then had to put a towel on the seat, but if it was a warm day the wax that had dripped down into the sponge of the seat would come back to the surface if you sat on it. :rolleyes:

The Australian bodycare system, (like PHD) is fab and very fast to do. Now being mobile again, I can't imagine using anything else, (and my car seats are safe!:green:

Thanks for the advice Odette. I've read a few threads about transporting wax pots so I should be alright on that side of things.

I was more concerned with what technicians did once they had used the wax. Any advice from your previous experiences?

Are you asking about hot wax (supposedly re-usable once filtered, but I always throw mine away) or warm wax (using wax strips)?
I would keep both of them in the heater container, but ensure it would stay upright.

pinkmummy said:
Are you asking about hot wax (supposedly re-usable once filtered, but I always throw mine away) or warm wax (using wax strips)?
I would keep both of them in the heater container, but ensure it would stay upright.

warm. I'm thinking more about if I had a client today and then another one tomorrow - for instance

I'd leave it in the metal container, but just make sure you had a lid on it to keep it dust free.
Hope this helps.

pinkmummy said:
I'd leave it in the metal container, but just make sure you had a lid on it to keep it dust free.
Hope this helps.

Yes. It does. That was actually one of my considerations.

Thanks for the advice.

I used to have a salon system wax heater & you can just insert the wax still in its pot so there was never any need to pour it into the metal container i think that you can use there pots in any heater (as long as it fits!) and the great thing is you have a lid on it to, so it's unlikely that you would get any spillage, great if your a mad driver like me :)

Yep, I would leave the wax in the metal container and put the lid on that is supplied with the heater.

Bombinigirl said:
I used to have a salon system wax heater & you can just insert the wax still in its pot so there was never any need to pour it into the metal container i think that you can use there pots in any heater (as long as it fits!) and the great thing is you have a lid on it to, so it's unlikely that you would get any spillage, great if your a mad driver like me :)

I do the same. I don't pour it into the metal container, but leave it in the plastic pot (as you buy it).

Far easier to handle, no mess and as already stated, it has a lid on that you can close firmly so no spillages.

River

River said:
I do the same. I don't pour it into the metal container, but leave it in the plastic pot (as you buy it).

Far easier to handle, no mess and as already stated, it has a lid on that you can close firmly so no spillages.

River

I have the 1000cc heater which does not allow you to put the pot inside. I brought this heater so that i can use it for paraffin waxes as wel.

connoisseur said:
I have the 1000cc heater which does not allow you to put the pot inside. I brought this heater so that i can use it for paraffin waxes as wel.

I've got the smaller one, but also use this for my paraffin wax. I use the paraffin wax the same way I use my normal wax.

I buy the paraffin wax in a pot, heat it up in the pot in the wax heater and then use a brush to apply to the clients hands / feet.

Best of both worlds - no problem !!

River

Thanks for all the advice guys. You've been a great help.

Latest posts

Back