what do you think of online dating?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah how sick is that....she had LOADS of young en's mailing her.

ON YA BIKE....shame im not single !!

amb x:D

i think online dating is ok so long as YOU KEEP YOURSELF SAFE. i.e. tell someone where you are going and who you are seeing.

have any of you tried Spice. when i first heard about it i thought it was one of those naff clubs, but it turns out that not only loads of people my age are in it but also loads of people who are older (minkus, this one would be great for your mom i think). i went out with them one time and bumped into loads of people i knew... the sort you'd never guess would go!

It's basically a social club. They arrange a lot of get togethers for anyone, whether your single or attached. you can just go along, meet the co-ordinator and they introduce you. They arrange all sorts of outings and holidays. i went as a guest to go scuba-diving (local swimming pool but was a right larf). the woman who I was went with was a member and she had previously been on a holiday to africa to see gorillas (about 20 members wer on the holiday and non of them had met before). said she sat 6 foot away from a gorilla and showed me the photo to prove it. but on the other end of the scale they arrange things like ten pin bowling nights and meals at local restuarants or dinner and dances, balls and stuff. all the things are done cheaply (they get a discount because they such a massive natinawide organisation) and a magazine comes out once a month with all the events in for the next year. Each area has a local group. me and my mate at work are planning on going a day's horseriding with them (its about half price with them).

this is the website www.spiceuk.com

best thing about it is its not a "dating" site but you meet loads of people and you don't have the added pressure of it being a dating site. if you meet someone you meet someone, if you don't then you just make loads of mates and no one cares.

Minx - i knew an mature lady that met a man on one of these type things! ended up getting married to him and living happily ever after! (blimey, maybe i should try it!)

o yea, the first person that told me about it was a woman at work. said she had gone to a spice party and showed me and my mate the photo's. well, they were all in stockings and suspenders so me and my mate thought they were swingers!!! turned out to be a vicars and tarts party!

I have not done it but i have a friend that does and she has met alot of men but all end up a very good friendsIf you do please make sure that you are very safe

i met my husband online.. on aol through ims and searching the profiles.

and we've been together for almost 9 years... but i had to kiss a lot of toads!!!!!!!!!!! (don't think i can stress that one enough!)

i would take someone with me for the first meeting and if it's the 2nd or so "date" i'd have my cell and have somebody call me every so often, and if i wasn't back by a certain time, there would be people looking for me!

but it does work!

GOOD LUCK!!

pinkchicnails said:
well - i signed up on face party and had 3 ratings already
2 'hunny' and 1 'pin up' wwwooooo hhhhooooooooo so 3 ppl dont think im a minger! xx

which site was this on?
you go girl! if hes a pin up try and post a pic would love to see

Rach xxx

I met my husband through the internet!
I still remember the 1st msg he sent me! lol
We have been together now for over 4 happy years.
I say go for it! You may have fun!
Just be careful, meet in a public place, make sure youve had time to get to know the guy and always let someone know where you are going and when you plan to be back.
Life is too short for what ifs!

have any of you tried Spice.

Yes I have, i liked it but it proved very expensive, I couldn't afford most of the excersions as they started at £50 or thereabouts but if you've got the cash then I would recommend it.

I met my hubby online too, on excite chat but I think thats gone now? (got him downloaded just in time! lol)

He only lived about 10 miles away from me and we chatted online everyday, and almost every day he'd call me from work. when I met him for the first time it was at a pub in the gardens so out in the open with loads of people about, but I hadnt told anyone I was going at all :o I felt sure that I knew him enough to trust him not to be a nutter, everyone went mad when they found out afterwards! but you could meet jack the ripper in Tescos and be none the wiser couldnt you??

We've been together 5 years, married 2 1/2 years and couldnt be happier, I say go for it!

Rachael173 said:
which site was this on?
you go girl! if hes a pin up try and post a pic would love to see

Rach xxx

www.faceparty.com

no they voted me by my pic - had loads of dodgy emails from really strange people though - 2 nice blokes out of about 15 xx

pinkchicnails said:
www.faceparty.com

no they voted me by my pic - had loads of dodgy emails from really strange people though - 2 nice blokes out of about 15 xx

i've just registered! did you pay the £25 per month? xx

Personally I think online dating is FAB!!!! It is a great way to meet especially when you find yourself single again and this time you're not a teenager!

I did meet some odd characters including my ex husband...... so I just had to re-register under a different name and wound him up for a bit lol!!!!

Just when I decided to log on and give it a go for the last time, I met Stu! We met the next day & the rest as they say is history!

www.udate.co.uk was the one for us!

Mandy x

Rachael173 said:
i've just registered! did you pay the £25 per month? xx

no i went on for free!! im rachybabes23 whats ur screenname??c

i couldn't think of anything im hopeless with names so its just rach173.
your profile looks good!

so does yours chick!! xx

I was single again at 44 and a friend persuaded me to go online dating.

Well I had some interesting dates. Met some real weirdo's. Also met a real dish (unfortunately he forgot to tell me he was married for a few weeks) so I dumped him as soon as I found out.

Met my current partner 18 months ago and it was almost love at first site.

Well worth doing, but be realistic and careful.

Sam

i've just logged on this morning and 3 people have rated me!
so im a diva, hot and a fox. check me out! it gives you a lift just knowing someone bothered to look at you profile.

hope everyone is well and thank you for all your comments.

Rach xx

Latest posts

Back