What do you use your nails for ... when you know you shouldnt?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
Just making my tea and breakfast - yes i slept in today, and was using my nails for something i know i shouldn't and wondered what, IF, anyone else uses theirs for - do you use them for things we advise our clients not too ... as tools ?!

I always use my thumb and index fingers on my right hand to grab the tea bag in my tea to dunk and remove - sounds awful huh - but i really really missed it when i soaked off my enhancements the other day and had to find a spoon ! lol

oh and another naughty thing, last week i was mixing cement (dont ask!) and wasn't wearing gloves - whilst my enhancements made it through all the muck and mixing - my hands were left just awful .... I really should follow my own advice, needless to say i have been moisturising like crazy ever since

C'mon be truthful ... i wont believe I'm the only one who uses them :Scared:

kx

Yup I do stuff like that too karren
My fave is picking up the hot buns from under the grill (or any hot food for that matter.) :smack:
Cant pick up anything hot without my 'nails' lol!
Im sure Ill think of other stuff to add too! :o

Glorsclaws said:
Cant pick up anything hot without my 'nails' lol!
got to admit I'm guilty of this too :o
also... how the heck did I ever manage to crack eggs properly before my enhancements lol, you know when you've cracked the egg but it hasn't worked... then you dig both of your thumb nails in to 'help' the egg along lol
hmmm can't think of anymore right now but i'm sure as the day goes along there will be a big list :o most of which I wouldn't have realised without this thread lol.
xx

Oooh, Karren, I wouldn't go mixing cement with bare skin again! If you leave it on your skin for too long it'll 'burn' and rip half your skin off :s Icky!! Al got some dripped down the inside of his works boots a few years back and it took several layers of skin off.

In terms of tools... yes, I am a bad girl! Though I am trying not to be.. it's hard not to do all the things with enhancements that I used to do with my natural nails (although that was still bad). Peeling labels off things, splitting the sellotape seals on boxes.. naughty naughty.:o

im guilty of gardeneing without gloves, i use my nails to help get the weeds out also my "baby" a very large pet cockatoo likes to sit on the sofa with me while i use my enhancements to prune her feathers, i think its because they feel solid like a beak. there are porbably loads of other things i do i just dont notice me doing them, i feel very lost without my nails

kalchis said:
im guilty of gardeneing without gloves, i use my nails to help get the weeds out.
....Ahhhh!!!! ... thats the other thing Im guilty of! :eek:

oh my im just updating my diary in my IPAQ and im using my tips for entering / amending rather than the stylus that comes with it ! :eek:

Im loving my stilettos .. so handy ! lol

kx

Karren said:
oh my im just updating my diary in my IPAQ and im using my tips for entering / amending rather than the stylus that comes with it ! :eek:

Snap :o

I once used my nail to scratch my ear!!!!!!....lol....would strongly reccomend against it...ewwwwww..ouch! :Scared:

oh so that will be the time you got it stuck in your ear and went to hospital then ?!! lmao:eek: :smack:

kx

Deni said:
I once used my nail to scratch my ear!!!!!!....lol....would strongly reccomend against it...ewwwwww..ouch! :Scared:

Karren said:
oh so that will be the time you got it stuck in your ear and went to hospital then ?!! lmao:eek: :smack:

kx

:o :eek: :o

Yeah me too. With 3 little girls hairs to do every morning, i use my nail to make partings for pigtails. I use them to pick stickers off...hard bits on my cooker ...the lot...but what amazes me is that i dont break any. Maybe i know just how far i can push em !!! i feel a total fraud sometimes telling my clients they are jewels and not tools cos they are the best tools i have ever had. lol xxxx

NailStyle said:
they are the best tools i have ever had. lol xxxx

Too true ! lmao

Im so glad others have replied on this post - and i totally feel a fraud - i really must practice what i preach too !

this thread is so making me chuckle

kx

I'm not too bad when it comes to using my nails as tools, but..... the thing I am really guilty of is picking when I want to change them! I know I need to soak off but it's such a faff, so I start picking and end up with random lumps of pink l+p on my nails where I have succeeded in getting some of it off!!!

Not good.....!

Yvette
x

Yep guilty as charges i use mine as tools as well turning the bacon under the grill,diging the weeds out and the best one of all is i use them as screwdrivers to fit in those self tapping screws :)

Does picking your nose count? It doesn't say you can't do that in the aftercare advice?:smack:

nose picking counts....bet we are all secret nose pickers :o .......how could you not be.........with our talons :wink2:

nah im an ear picker lol
x

My only sin lol is flicking my thumbs free edge with my index finger it even annoys me but its an habit lol

... pressing the buttons on the remote and also mobile phone with my nail :(
oooooh squeezing zits lol, they are bloomin' handy for that !!!

Latest posts

Back