What do you use your nails for ... when you know you shouldnt?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:o :o :o :o I know, I know...I'm the main one fussing about clients not knowing how to take care of their enhancements and using them as tools...I must admit...I'M THE GUILTIEST OF THEM ALL!! I use my enhancements (when I'm wearing them) for almost any and everything...opening soda pop cans, digging through things, scraping dried bits of food off of plates....DON'T LOOK AT ME...I'M SOO ASHAMED!!!! :smack: :o :o :o :o

:o Yeah me too, most things I use them on except opening cans!!!! But mainly typing, scratching off stickers, again mostly everything. When I remove them I have a problem, can't type and my finger tips start to hurt coz I have to use them again .... strange!!! :)

Poking my hubby (in the back that is:eek: )!

Think I'm pretty much guilty of all of the above.I am also guilty of using my glue to stick my son's war hammer models together.
Sam

I share Lellipop's habit of flicking the free edge of my nails with whichever other nail is pick of the day. I also use them to prise lids off etc and pretty much everything we tell our clients to avoid. Also, when my natural nails are growing down beneath the tip, I have this urge to constantly separate the two - all reasons why I rarely get to rebalance my own nails - always a fresh set because once I get going, I invariably get to the point of thinking ah well, may as well just pick the whole lot off now :rolleyes: .

No doubt, once I get my gardening buzz again I'll be back out there minus gloves too...we are just our own worst clients really, aren't we Karren!

I dont really use them as tools but i am a terrible picker too! I always want to bite them off rather than soak them off when its time for a new set but i always vow never again as I usually end up with sore bits! Its worse with gel i find as that seems to bond better! lol

My husband is always telling me off for biting or picking, he says 'get your hands out of your mouth!! you are supposed to be a NAIL TECHNICIAN!!!' lol. x

Must admit, i've been having a nightmare opening baby tins, dog food and cans since i soaked off my nails! :o

Have to use a knife now to get under the pull rings!!!! :D

Hi guys, i use mine for probably most of the replies already mentioned,, but this is my favourite....(probobly gonna gross you all out , so dont read if you got a weak stomach)lol
2 of my 3 dogs get really bad eye goo in the corner of there eyes, thick crusty crspy black sleepy goo, so i use my nails gently to remove it for them from there eyes.. bless them they come to me every morning to be de-gummed!!!!
LOL do wash my hands straight after though!!! :o

nailfairy said:
Hi guys, i use mine for probably most of the replies already mentioned,, but this is my favourite....(probobly gonna gross you all out , so dont read if you got a weak stomach)lol
2 of my 3 dogs get really bad eye goo in the corner of there eyes, thick crusty crspy black sleepy goo, so i use my nails gently to remove it for them from there eyes.. bless them they come to me every morning to be de-gummed!!!!
LOL do wash my hands straight after though!!! :o

nooooooooooo......this really did gross me out!!!!!
there not shiz-tus by any chance are they????
i have got 2 ....and they both have gummy eyes.....but this is 1 thing i HAVE to put gloves on to do, and thats using cotton wool too!!!!!!!!!!

you must have some real love for you dogs.....bless ya!

Aspirations said:
I dont really use them as tools but i am a terrible picker too! I always want to bite them off rather than soak them off when its time for a new set but i always vow never again as I usually end up with sore bits! Its worse with gel i find as that seems to bond better! lol

Me too!! I never get a chance to soak off a set...we better not let our clients read this thread!!:smack:

I too have to admit I have enjoyed crunching off a set of nails from time to time. :o Mostly I am guilty for using my thumbs for scraping bits off dishes etc. Ok...ok maybe I have picked my nose once or twice....;)

OOOh Dear!! where do i start? ear picking, squeezing zits, parting Hayley's hair for pigtails, typing, dialing phone, texting, scratching sticky labels off ..... could go on for ever!! have to hold my hand up and say i am a terrible picker and biter too!!

Latest posts

Back