What does everone use for the bottom of the spray tents

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.holdway

Reaction score
Hi just wondering basically what everyone uses for the base of the tent, i am indecisive whether to use towels(obviously new ones each client)
Couch roll or sticky feet.
I am going to buy stiicky feet for if someone asks for them but thought i would maybe use towels, what does everyone else use?

I have large bath towels which I fold in half. I can get 4 tans done out of that by turning it over for the second tan, then turn it inside out and using the other 2 sides (hope that makes sense lol)
However if I was to go mobile I would probably use sticky feet as you can just pop them in the bin rather than carry lots of towels around.

Jen x
Beauty Revolution - luxury beauty salon supplies - Home

I have large bath towels which I fold in half. I can get 4 tans done out of that by turning it over for the second tan, then turn it inside out and using the other 2 sides (hope that makes sense lol)
However if I was to go mobile I would probably use sticky feet as you can just pop them in the bin rather than carry lots of towels around.

Jen x
Beauty Revolution - luxury beauty salon supplies - Home
Ah thats a good idea, Have you tried the paper feet ones? are they any good?

Hi
I'm mobile and I have tried all three.

The couch roll blows all over the place when your spraying so that was a no-no for me.

Clients didnt like taking the sticky feet off and were asking if they had to use them.

I now put a hand towel in there and ask them to try and stay on there while they are in the tent.

I have been told it's the most comfortable way - by some of my clients that treid all three choices. They are able to move about enough but their feet stay clean and they dont slip or feel unsteady (one of my clients nearly slipped over when I used couch roll). I bought caramel coloured towels so the tan isn't too obvious on them but is enough for me to know which are clean and they wash well too - I've not had any trouble with any of them staining.

Hi
I'm mobile and I have tried all three.

The couch roll blows all over the place when your spraying so that was a no-no for me.

Clients didnt like taking the sticky feet off and were asking if they had to use them.

I now put a hand towel in there and ask them to try and stay on there while they are in the tent.

I have been told it's the most comfortable way - by some of my clients that treid all three choices. They are able to move about enough but their feet stay clean and they dont slip or feel unsteady (one of my clients nearly slipped over when I used couch roll). I bought caramel coloured towels so the tan isn't too obvious on them but is enough for me to know which are clean and they wash well too - I've not had any trouble with any of them staining.
Me too, I use black hand towels, I bought a stack of white ones for mani's and pedi's and the black ones for the spray tans. These were nothing special, Sainsburies were having a sale and they were lovely thick and fluffy so I bought loads:)

I have towels and also stickey feet. Stickey feet for mobile use, as Jen said it saves you having to carry them about and can be put in the clients bin.
If its a late night client and Iv used up all my towels during the day I use the stickey feet.

I use towels and sticky feet x

Sticky feet and towels for me..couch roll is a pain as it blows up all the time with the air! I get the client to put hand on my shoulder and I remove them as they can be a bit..sticky!! I wouldnt like to just use the s/feet as it looks more of a treatment with a fluffy towel down, and if each client has a pair on, then there shouldnt be any risk of cross infection if doing a party, and towels straight in wash after..simples!

Me too, I use black hand towels, I bought a stack of white ones for mani's and pedi's and the black ones for the spray tans. These were nothing special, Sainsburies were having a sale and they were lovely thick and fluffy so I bought loads:)

I bought Caramel hand towels for tanning, Black big bath sheets and hand towels and a lovely fluffy blanket for my couch - waxing and massage & White hand towels for hands & nails when I start offering them.

I bought them all from Tesco's (Blanket was from B&M's though as they were so fluffy and snuggly I couldnt resist and the price was bargainous too :biggrin:).

I dont have a problem taking towels with me as they fit into my big tanning carry bag helping to keep solutions upright and padding my machine - usually with room to spare for more stuff too.

I use a big towel, a little couch roll and sticky feet, a little excessive I fear? Lol does the trick though!

Thanks everyone so i wont be using couch roll lol, does anyone know anywhere that personailises towels, thats still nice quality

Black bath mat from Asda covered with bed roll and clients wear sticky feet.

Black hand towels with sticky feet on top does the trick for me!

Just keep it simple. Sticky Feet are all thats needed. A towel for client to step out of tent on to. Hygenic/Look professional. If any of you ladies would like to sample my s/feet cheapest and work perfectly (no large areas of sticky residue left with mine!). Send me an email and Ill post some samples foc.

One of the salons I go to has tin foil on the bottom of her tent, just enough for each foot to stand on and when she sprays the foil doesn't get blown up!

I didn't ask her if it worked though. x

I'm a sticky feet fan myself but watch it when they try to keep them on & go wandering all over their (or your) carpet after !! Pop a towel down infront. I also put a towel down at the back of my tent as after several sprays, ie at a party, the spray can seep out thru the velcroed vent flap. A tiny heart attack for me right there !!!

I tend to use the bottom :rolleyes:...well you know what I mean anyway's:eek::lol::lol:
Or for a less obviouse answer...a small dark towel that gets washed every night :idea:
Bit like with nappies...the disposable ones might be easy and less sticks to them cos you simply throw them away but there not so soft on your bum as proper ones :o...and think of all the poor trees that get destroyed in the foprest just to make paper towels that stick to your blinking feet anyway's:rolleyes:
But being an old fashioned kind of guy and like my mum did with me she used proper nappies that you wash...ive some pictures if you wish to see...just say the word and I will post em in me album :wink2:

lol @ Collin :biggrin:

Will pass on the photos, thanks anyway haha.

I have a big black towel and sticky feet. I help clients stand on them and then let them lean on me while I help take them off too.. i like to have both just so I know that no tan is going to get on the base of their feet and the towel is used to wipe the bottom of the tent just before its packed away.

I have a large black towel that goes into the bottom of my tent, never used sticky feet but have used couch roll and it did blow all over the place! lol. I do the same, folding it over and inside out etc. If I am doing lots in one night I take 2 towels with me (plus one to cover the floor to catch any drips from my gun! :rolleyes:)

As for personalising them, you could get a logo embroidered on, there is a little craft place near here that did my tunics and it was reasonable, They do towels too and you can take your own.. might get some of mine done come to think of it...

Latest posts

Back