What Gelish colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm just starting out and have a select group of people I do gelish manicures for while I build up my skills I only have four colours so far, Caution, June Bride, Taffeta & Sugar N Spice. I'm about to put in an Oder for another six but it's just so hard to choose. I have taken not account the requests of my group and my short list is below but as you can see I have really only decided on one! :(

• Black Shadow - for another dark
  • Either Sheek white or article white for French tips is there a difference? I read that Sheek White is a bit thin
  • A pink - either, Shake it til you samba, Passion or sweet morning dew.
  • A glitter for layering - either Vegas nights, silver sands or water fields?
  • Izzy whizzy lets get busy, as I've heard this is good for layering but is that just because its a glitter or does it change the colour also? Do I need this and the glitter? I just live the aurora collection oh wait and the shadow and the love in bloom this is what's causing he problems!
  • Garden teal party or Radiance is my middle name
  • A purple - either, you glare I glow, starburst, nigh reflection, or he loves me he loves me not

I know a red is always popular but it hasn't been mentioned so I thought I'd wait and buy a glittery red like good gossip or all tied up with a bow before Christmas. TBH it could be a while before my plan to expand my select group I'm having fun just learning at the moment but any help choosing my next set of colours would be greatly appreciated as I've been looking for days and the only thing happening is growing wish list as you can see that is already 7 even if I pick one from each line :o I don't think I'll ever get this order in.

Hi I'm just starting out and have a select group of people I do gelish manicures for while I build up my skills I only have four colours so far, Caution, June Bride, Taffeta & Sugar N Spice. I'm about to put in an Oder for another six but it's just so hard to choose. I have taken not account the requests of my group and my short list is below but as you can see I have really only decided on one! :(

• Either Sheek white or article white for French tips is there a difference? I read that Sheek White is a bit thin
  • Izzy whizzy lets get busy, as I've heard this is good for layering but is that just because its a glitter or does it change the colour also? Do I need this and the glitter? I just live the aurora collection oh wait and the shadow and the love in bloom this is what's causing he problems!
  • A purple - either, you glare I glow, starburst, nigh reflection, or he loves me he loves me not

I know a red is always popular but it hasn't been mentioned so I thought I'd wait and buy a glittery red like good gossip or all tied up with a bow before Christmas. TBH it could be a while before my plan to expand my select group I'm having fun just learning at the moment but any help choosing my next set of colours would be greatly appreciated as I've been looking for days and the only thing happening is growing wish list as you can see that is already 7 even if I pick one from each line :o I don't think I'll ever get this order in.

I have gossip girl (pink) and its a nice fuchsia type pink, I have Hot Road Red which is a nice blood red, also have pink smoothie with Vegas nights on top looks fab, posting pic!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 1,207
Oh that's lovely initially I thought that might give a similar effect to taffeta but its very different.

1. Black Shadow is great an very popular with Vegas Nights or stamping plates over in Silver or Gold etc...
2. I personally prefer Sheek White, just use two thin coats for French.....plus it's very useful for using under Neons etc.
3. Shake it til you Samba is lovely but very bright, Passion is nice too but I think if you were to get one pink you should go for Gossip Girl - very popular.
4. Vegas Nights for a glitter without a doubt - you can always add and get the rest at a later stage.
5. Izzy Whizzy is fab over dark colours but if money is an issue then I'd leave it for a bit and get it at a later stage.
6. I have My Favourite Accessory - I avoided the others due to fading and thickness issues but I believe these have since been rectified..??
7. All the Purples you have mentioned are fab but it depends on your client base really, so again, same advice as with the Pinks - Starburst and Night Reflection seem to popular with all ages - the others may be a bit bright for some but def. worth adding to your collection eventually.
8. As for a Red - Good Gossip is fab for Christmas etc but if you can afford it buy Stand Out. It's great on it's own - it's very popular and it layers well with pretty much everything. If you need to see colours pops just shout.

Hope this helps.

Can anyone suggest layering with these colours to create a bright blue? Needs to be more blue than radiance but not as dark as after dark? I need it to match these shoes... x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372076092.490153.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372076092.490153.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 671
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372076154.216477.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372076154.216477.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 211
Just did these. ACG vogue withVegas Nights.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372106094.544660.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372106094.544660.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 336
Whoops meant to post that last one on the Gelish page!

Can anyone suggest layering with these colours to create a bright blue? Needs to be more blue than radiance but not as dark as after dark? I need it to match these shoes... x

Not sure about a layering option but ooba ooba blue from the rio collection looks exactly like those shoes

Harmony are bringing out a new collection fairly soon called Under Her Spell but from the looks of it the colours are very simular to the Just For You Collection. Does anyone have the Just for You collection and what are your thoughts on the colours for Autumn/Winter?

Last edited:
Harmony are bringing out a new collection fairly soon called Under Her Skin but from the looks of it the colours are very simular to the Just For You Collection. Does anyone have the Just for You collection and what are your thoughts on the colours for Autumn/Winter?

Maybe they could "take a leaf out of" Shellac colours, it would be nice to have similar to Moonlight & Roses, Hotski, Iced Coral etc.

Has any one got any pics of any yellows or recommend one, I don't have a yellow gelish but think I should get one thanks geeks :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I want to order 6 colours along side my Shellac range to give Gelish a go, any recomendations please? the Glow collection looks amazing! 😌

The glow is amazing, I started off with 2 now have 5 and can't stop wearing them :)

Has any one got any pics of any yellows or recommend one, I don't have a yellow gelish but think I should get one thanks geeks :-D

Hi Lynn, I like Coco Cabana Banana. It's a very bright yellow!

(Need a Tan is yellowish too..good for a pale yellow)

Hi Lynn, I like Coco Cabana Banana. It's a very bright yellow!

(Need a Tan is yellowish too..good for a pale yellow)

Thanks

Anyone got a mink colour?
and swatches of ocean blue and ooba ooba blue? Want to see what the difference is. Also which pale pink are good?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Lynne
This is Dont be such a sourpuss
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373452435.770361.jpg
This is the neon yellow
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373452458.321039.jpg

Anyone got a mink colour?
and swatches of ocean blue and ooba ooba blue? Want to see what the difference is. Also which pale pink are good?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would say glamour queen is quite minky

I have ooba ooba and ocean wave, I can send a pic later but they are quite different , ocean wave is more shimmery and translucent and a of bit prettier shade and ooba ooba is a solid creme blue wasn't that impressed with it to b honest

One of my clients is after a deep red. I already have red roses, rose garden & elegant wish - any recommendations? x

I have my forbidden love which is really stunning deep red and also electric metal lover is nice :)

Latest posts

Back