What have you had to put up with from neighbours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's on your side mate it's none of his bloody business!

unless its his fence? then it is. this is the going on we are having xx

unless its his fence? then it is. this is the going on we are having xx

I own the fence down one side of the garden, I don't have any business to know what is happening on the other side of that fence unless it is being destroyed/vandalised.

My parents had this problem and they did actually end up going to a solicitor aout it. So I can let u know for sure that u ca paint it. It doesn't matter if he owns it, if it is on your side u can paint it. The only restrictions u have is that u cannot paint any part of it that he can see, i.e.along the top of the panels.

Hope this helps x

Have to say I don't really hear or see my neighbours!!! Thank god we've been lucky as they are not that bad!! On one side they are lovely on the other we don't really speak, tried but they let on one minute & don't both the next so, there chioce, lol!!! Have had bad neighbours in the past, resulted in my dad & gran getting attacked on his door step & the B*****d got away with it as his mum was a judge. :( Some people, they'll get whats coming though, eventually!!!

Our neighbours (on one side) are horrendous, and seem to be getting worse all the time, and I just can't understand it.

I know where it all started, I went outside one day as I could here a scrapping noise by my front door to find the neighbour digging a trench right by my front door, so I quite calmly asked what he was doing. He told me he was building a wall! So I said, Ooh sorry but you can't build it there, that is my garden. He replied that it wasn't. So still being nice I said, I am more than happy for you to come into my house and measure how far from the front door that diving wall is then if you do the same in your house I am sure we can work out exactly where the divide is.

He however took it upon himself to carry on and built this wall on my property (I had also explained to him that if he did it would have to come down as our new porch (part of the extension that had already passed planners) would be built right there) He built the wall with reclaimed bricks that were a totally different brick than our house!!

He lives in a housing association house, I contacted them and they weren't really interested, until they came and saw it. They sent him a letter telling them he had 4 weeks to remove the wall. In the meantime my builders had been given permission to remove the section that was holding up the digging of the foundations for the porch. 3 months later he still hadn't taken the rest of the wall down, which was now in front of my porch, the housing association told him yet again that he had to remove it. He did he smashed the whole damed thing into MY garden!

Now I hate confrontation, so I still stayed calm and next time I saw him, I said that we would be happy to use the rubble under the drive we were having done to save him the trouble of getting rid. That very day he moved it (obviously the thought of us getting use out of it didn't impress him)

Next we get a letter from the housing association saying that we can lay the drive until they have come to inspect, he had only told them that it wouldn't be long enough and that our cars would overhang the path!! I drive a people carrier and there is still oodles or room both ends!!

Since then, we get rubbish thrown in our garden ALL THE TIME they leave bags of rubbish pilled up against the porch, they have moved their wheelie bins (which they always kept at the back of the house) to the front and have them right by the wall so they overhang into our garden, they also keep leaving the lids open (what a pleasant smell in the summer)

They reported me for working self employed, they obviously didn't think I was registered.

Beer chucked over our windows, glass smashed on our path, the list goes on and on. The funny thing is I have never retaliated (it isn't my way) I just keep thinking, let them get it out of their system and it will stop.........

It hasn't yet!

I've got great ones, same ones for the past 8 years.

The only thing is, the older gent on my left does part time work making plaster moulds for a Plaster Fun House for kiddies and every single day, from around 6.30 in the morning until about 3 in the arvo, all I can hear is him tap, tap tapping.:rolleyes:

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap......funnily enough, it's actually comforting to hear him out there, feels nice in a weird kind of way, probably cos I live here by myself with the kids and I feel a bit secure. x x

taptaptaptaptaptaptap

We too have neighbours from hell! they only come to the house at weekends and school holidays as the house is a holiday home, but my god they make our lives hell! their son (14) sexually assaulted my neice when she was 3 and playing in our garden with my son, the police interviewed her but said she would not be able to give evidence in crown court due to her age etc, and since then we have had a nightmare as if it was US who were at fault!

its been going on for 3 years now and countless number of incidents with them shouting and f-ing on the yard when my boy is present, they really are deranged, the latest is they are now (5 years down the line) disputing a boundary which they agreed when they bought the house! its really hard when youve got idiots next to you and it makes you think - why me!

I had trouble with one young lad who lived in the corner of the grove and he used to vandalize cars (including mine) broke the windscreen, threw bricks in the back garden (at the cars as we couldn't keep them out the front) O/H threw one back and THEY called the police..lmao! eventually everyone was onto them and they moved, its been okish since. We have the speeding cars, wheel spinning and mini motos flying about even a petrol go kart (i personally just wanted a go!!) the nosey neighbours who literally hang out the window some bad attitudes oh and the dog(s) who keep pooing on my garden never caught it as yet! oh what a great place to live!! x

we've got a pyscho neighbour who told me i shouldn''t have kids to put them in childcare.

coming from a doley loser who classes herself as a full time mum when her child is in school every day.

she's a chav, a vandal and a lunatic.too many psycho acts have been committed by her to list.

My story relates to my salon here in Greece.

I have what can only be called the "local nutter" living next door to the salon - one day she will ask me "who are you" and the next she will be asking for appointments!!!

But to cap it all, she has adopted the local cat population from the street and wants to build them a 'council estate' right outside of my salon windows. This "build" takes the form of many cardboard boxes, meals on wheels (fresh fish), and dirty leftovers from her mealtime (yuk).

Needless to say, the cats love it and although I like cats very much, it does give me daily grief to have to keep removing the boxes, left over food, and all the pooh!!

She came to my salon the other day when I was really busy and brought a bag of fresh (and uncooked) fish heads into the salon......for the cats. She wanted me to feed the cats on my newly laid marble salon floor as it was raining outside. My clients were not impressed.

It takes all sorts I suppose. Needless to say when I return to the salon tomorrow morning (Monday) there will be plenty more temporary cat homes to sort out.

Neighbours eh - they are the same the world over!

Eva

My next door neighbours are great :) but the girl next door but one is a nightmare.:mad:
Party's till early hours in the morning..
Smashing glass all over the street...
Her kids who by the way are only aged 3 & 5 play in the middle of the road constantly...
all sorts of shady ppl in & out her house all day and night.... most of the time there all fighting.
Mouthing and swearing at ppl on the street.
We complained to our local council but 3rd time round and still nothing...:mad: :mad: :mad:

My neighbours are fine never had any problems with them but I do feel for them because they have to live next door to us lmao

I thankfully havent had much bother from neighbours in any place I have lived apart from Bolton.

I say a neighbour, the persons garden backed onto mine.
I have 3 dogs and their kids used to kick a football PURPOSLEY at their side of the fence to agravate my boxers when they were in the garden.
And it used to annoy the hell out of me.:irked:

However, I am not one to go round and start waving the finger so I just used to usher the dogs back inside when it happened after they had started to bark.
I cant stand the noise if its unecessary, especially when his children were not told off for doing so as I heard him in the garden encouraging the kids to kick the ball again and was laughing about it!

Anyway.. about 2 weeks later (4 months before I moved) I had this ANNONUMOUS letter hand posted through my door.. saying if I do not stop my dogs constantly barking he would MAKE SURE (double underlined in red) that the necessary authorities would have them ALL destroyed!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: THEY ONLY BARKED COS OF HIS KIDS!!

I was so angry and upset. Police said they couldnt do anything as the letter wasnt signed etc..

Some people will stoop soooo low. I was glad I was moving.:green:

I'd always thought that our neigbours were ok until yesterday!

One side of us is a holiday home, they people that own it come down every couple of months, and it was always really friendly when they were down.

Yesterday, while I was at work, they were down, and knocked the front door. Neighbour told my husband that he has a problem with his garage flooding, could he go and look with him. (Our garage is on-block and attached to his).

We replaced the flat roof on ours about 4 years ago, and he told my husband, that because of the work we did on our roof, it has caused his to leak and be damaged, and if we didn't replace and repair it he was going to sue us!:eek: :eek:

In the 8 odd years we've been here, he's had no work done to his roof, but in the interest of neighbourly harmony, we've got a roofer to come and look and give his professional opinion.

My husband is so nice, if I'd been home I'd have told him to stick his roof and see ya in court!!! I was soo cross when I found out, I needed sitting on so as not to go and give him my 10p worth!!!

OMG where do i start. i have an old bag who lives under me, and if it wasn't for the fact that she has a go at all the neighbours i would think it was ME who was a bad neighbour. i decided to decorate before i moved in, and she called the police on me for.... painting!!!! i was using a roller! when i went down the cop shop a couple of days later to talk to them i found out she called them an hour after i'd packed away my roller! she complained so much that i didn't even want to move in. my mom and dad bent over backwards to diffuse the situation but the more considerate we were to her (like telling her when we would be using a drill), the worse she got and the neighbours told me that until i stopped being considerate it would make her worse. needless to say, it culminated in a HUGE row (i'm surprised i didn't fetch the whole block out) and she has now left me alone, although i do hear her shouting at me to shut up sometimes (the last time because i dared to walk to my bed and get in it). I was really considerate to her at first but i lost all sympathy when she called the police an hour after i stopped painting. that's just vicious. and... i'm only in for about 4 hours a day!

i can't believe what i thought was going to be a sweet old lady turned into the witch from hell. i now can't wait to get the workmen in to do my kitchen and bathroom!

Latest posts

Back